Community MetaSteam | May 2022 - May Comes Kicking Like a Kangaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
So apparently we are getting Gears Collection this year

Gears 2 and 3 finally on PC ? Sign me up.
I have already bought and completed Gears Ultimate / Gears 4 / Gears 5.

I assume Gears 2 will be a proper UE4 remake while Gears 3 will be more akin to a remaster (better textures, effects, but still on UE3).

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I played through all the Gears games last year and they (mostly) hold up well. Steam versions of 2 and 3 would be nice, especially since they're the best games in the series.

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Gears collection is desperately needed and I'm glad for it. Been so desperate for good third-person shooters these days. Seems like a practically dead genre sadly.

Also excited to see it because you know the graphics are gonna be insane. :whistle:
=======

Unrelated I noticed Digimon Survive will launch on the same day as Xenoblade 3. 💸

=======

Edit: I'm basically all packed up. Moving in 4-5 days. Kinda nervous. NY to Texas is a long drive.

Also chemotherapy is all done and no more surgeries left so I'm in the clear for now. Fuck you cancer, I made it. :dmcblob:
HOLY SMOKES, CONGRATS, YOU SMASHED THAT SON OF A BITCH THAT IS CANCER, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!! THIS IS THE FUCKING BEST NEWS EVER"

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Finally got my WOL home automation and Playnite 10ft UI rolling. Working as well as I can get it right now. Pretty pleased with the result, all told.

Last edited:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Fuck cancer. Glad you're doing better 「Echo」

I played a bunch more Songs of Conquest. This game is legit! Gives me that Heroes 3 vibe big time. There are several campaigns released as part of the early access and the first one does a great job slowly introducing the systems and helping you get into the swing. It hasn't been terribly difficult yet either which was an issue with some missions in the HoMM campaigns. If people have nostalgia for those turn based games you should check this out.

Also I continue to die a lot in Rogue Legacy 2. Very slowly making progress. Got a boss in the second area but haven't done well in the 3rd yet. It's gonna be a long process for me I think.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm basically all packed up. Moving in 4-5 days. Kinda nervous. NY to Texas is a long drive.

Also chemotherapy is all done and no more surgeries left so I'm in the clear for now. Fuck you cancer, I made it.
Congrats! Fuck you to cancer is a nice way to welcome spring. :flare_smirk:

EDIT: Good luck with the move too. Moving is already stressful enough, no need for cancer to be piggybacking across state lines!

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Edit: I'm basically all packed up. Moving in 4-5 days. Kinda nervous. NY to Texas is a long drive.

Also chemotherapy is all done and no more surgeries left so I'm in the clear for now. Fuck you cancer, I made it. :dmcblob:
Yay! Congrats! That's wonderful news! :cat-heart-blob:

And moves can certainly be stressful but things will be great, I'm sure of it. Besides, you just kicked cancer's butt. You've got this! Try to take it easy when you're able to beforehand and hopefully that slight nervousness will turn to excitement soon enough.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Woo!
:blobpraise:

I played a bunch more Songs of Conquest. This game is legit! Gives me that Heroes 3 vibe big time. There are several campaigns released as part of the early access and the first one does a great job slowly introducing the systems and helping you get into the swing. It hasn't been terribly difficult yet either which was an issue with some missions in the HoMM campaigns. If people have nostalgia for those turn based games you should check this out.
Excellent. Was hoping it would turn out good.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
So why are the "different" targeting groups.... basically the same group?
It shouldn't come as a surprise but I'm still a bit unsettled at how deep they go with profiling their customer and user base. If you asked me what the target demographic for something like Arma or Star Citizen is, I'd say older PC gamers with disposable income and more patience towards bugs/lack of polish. These guys just go all in with estimates about your educational qualifications, relationship and employment status and more. Some of the categories seem redundant (may or may not be single covers the entire spectrum you baboon, were you just trying to fill out space in a powerpoint slide?) but it is sort of eye opening that they have people looking this deep into things. None of this comes from telemetry so where are they getting these ideas? And to what extent do these estimates influence the development of the game in terms of design and marketing and all. Also, what kind of profiling do other, bigger games do on their customers? What would this document look like for a Call of Duty or a God of War game?

Arma Reforger on Tuesday and Arma 4 in 2-3 years.
Arma 3 released in Steam early access and was only 'completed' about 2 years later. I'm curious why they aren't doing that again. Did they find the early access experience detrimental in some way? Or are they preparing a full platform to distribute the game independent of Steam entirely? The Arma community is extremely loyal and would go wherever the game is so this would also be a good target for a Timmy 💰🎩

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I didn't like Gears of War when it first arrived on PC. But I really enjoyed Gears 5 so I'll be happy to give the series another chance.

Microsoft is doing great by the way, I hope they'll keep it up for many years to come.

Oh and I'm really happy for you that you beat cancer 「Echo」 🥰

Last edited:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I see that Tyler McVicker did another stupid thing regarding Valve. He is probably saltiest person i saw and no wonder Valve avoids him like a plague. But he still causes big issues for them every few months.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
I see that Tyler McVicker did another stupid thing regarding Valve. He is probably saltiest person i saw and no wonder Valve avoids him like a plague. But he still causes big issues for them every few months.
What did he do?

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
Gears collection is desperately needed and I'm glad for it. Been so desperate for good third-person shooters these days. Seems like a practically dead genre sadly.

Also excited to see it because you know the graphics are gonna be insane. :whistle:
=======

Unrelated I noticed Digimon Survive will launch on the same day as Xenoblade 3. 💸

=======

Fuck yeah!

Glad you beat the ever-loving shit out of cancer!

:blobhug:

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Now with Returnal and Demon's Souls being part of the new PS Plus service, they should announce the games for Steam.
I'm not sure those two things are linked but sure enough it's time for another PC announcement from Sony. Returnal & Demon's Souls are great titles but personally i'm more leaning towards Ghost of Tsushima.
Hope it's the next one.

Even better, what about several games announced coming to PC ?

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
He made video and on Twitter called his followers to spam Valve employees and TF2 Voice Actors regarding TF2 state.
I get where he's coming from. TF2 is in a real bad state right now. People just run groups of bots and ruin the play experience. It's so bad I pretty much never play on Valve servers anymore because they can easily be overrun by bots.

If Valve wasn't making money on TF2 anymore I guess I could see them not doing anything but they put out loot boxes multiple times a year.

The medic voice actor had been pretty active with the TF2 community and was going so far as replying to tweets about news articles about the problem.

The emails he included on his video are publicly known that can be easily found (and are some of the people I've emailed TF2 related bugs/issues/suggestions to in the past) though trusting people to write well though out, constructive emails to them was a big mistake.

Ultimately at the end of the day it's a bad situation. I know I'm personally frustrated with Valve. Their refusal to do anything, much less communicate about a product that they're more than willing to still put out new cosmetic content for and make money on is super shitty. The problem becomes how do you get Valve to do anything in this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.