Community MetaSteam | May 2022 - May Comes Kicking Like a Kangaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
should I run my gpu undervolt 24/7 or just when gaming?
I'm running mine both undervolted and underclocked 24/7, my goal is to not go above a peak of 15x W (RTX 3060 Ti).

Though, worth noting that the afterburner curve editor can be very finicky at least on NVidia cards (dunno about AMDs), the displayed clock values in the chart depend on the current GPU temperature iirc.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm surprised people still listen to insiders saying "so and so company is looking for acquisitions" despite not a single one of these acquisitions leaked ahead of time. Even the past week alone everyone was focused on WB and yet today we got Embracer making out like a bandit with the western part of SE
It's almost as if leaking confidential informations about a future acquisition would cause serious legal ripercussions since it can be seen as market manipulation. I'm not sure if the jail time is going to be worth it for a few extra twitter followers
Yeah, SE selling their western arm so that they can be bought by Sony feels like fan-fiction for people with an acquisition fetish (and platform warriors I guess).

Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I might try and grab Guardians of the Galaxy soon. It’s looking like the IPs for GotG and Avengers have gone with the studios. However Disney still need to approve them going over. So potentially getting delisted in the nearish future.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Since they say players and not sales is it maybe playable by friends even if they don't all own it or something? i think some games do this, allow join in for free.

Looks nicely done though, too bad it doesn't support VR.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Since they say players and not sales is it maybe playable by friends even if they don't all own it or something? i think some games do this, allow join in for free.

Looks nicely done though, too bad it doesn't support VR.
We are both delighted and overwhelmed to share the amazing news that we have officially sold more than
1 million copies of Escape Simulator.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I quite want Aftermath game, Spongebob, Embr and Planet Zoo and I can get the bundle with 4$ off. Hmm...

• Eyes

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I seem to never get 4 dollar off 😢
I press skip a month, then continue. Isn't it on the second prompt that I should get discount coupon? All I get is to tell humble why I want to skip a month

Is it on cancel subscription that I get the discount?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I press skip a month, then continue. Isn't it on the second prompt that I should get discount coupon? All I get is to tell humble why I want to skip a month

No, I get it by pressing "skip month".

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Did you get the discount offer instantly, or did you go through some steps before you get it? I seem to ask you every time there is a new Choice bundle :D
Pressed "Skip a month" -> Pressed continue (not "don't skip") > pop up about 4$ off.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Well, I really want Spongebob, but the rest, not really.

Heard decent things about Spellcaster University, but, eh...

• Eyes

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! jads653 is giving away 2 gift(s).

This is a first-come, first-served giveaway. Once you enter, your key will be delivered to you instantly via a PM.

I was in a nostalgic mood today so I played one of my favorite games. I got this game for my 11th birthday on the good old Playstation 1.. The voice acting and story are still top notch and I want to share that with you. Since it was discounted I bought two. Actually works really well on the SteamDeck through Lutris and after installing a fan patch Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game

The following games are being given away:

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Huh, I did not know Blood Omen 1 was released on PC. I played it with my older brother on PS1 when I was like 6, so this game brings back some nostalgic memories.

• Eyes

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Decided to skip Humble Choice. I'm only interested in spellcaster university and Surviving the Aftermath and I have too much games in my backlog anyway. Only got a 2€ discount offered by the way. How do some of you get a €4 discount?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and C-Dub

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
Huh, I did not know Blood Omen 1 was released on PC. I played it with my older brother on PS1 when I was like 6, so this game brings back some nostalgic memories.
The PC port was released a year later and came in an awesome big box with a large printed map of Nosgoth. It was not a good port though, running at 40 FPS and mono video. Game was also hard to run if you had a CPU above 1 GHz since it would lock up after the opening dialog.

The fan patch by Verok on the wiki fixes all the issues and is compatibel with the GOG version.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Wow, that Choice is an easy skip. I should probably just cancel altogether at this point. It's becoming increasingly obvious that we're not getting any truly killer line-ups anymore.
I came to this realization last year lol. March 2022 marked my first full year without a Humble sub since basically the OG service's inception. 1 year and change, and I regret nothing lol.

The writing is on the wall, sadly - Humble has been priced out of the market by the various sub services. If I'm the publisher, why the hell would I want to pay Humble peanuts for a permanent copy of my game, when I can get equivalent or better cash from Sony or Microsoft for a temp copy? Logic dictates that they would take the sub service deals first, then Humble gets in afterwards, if they do at all... so many months in the past year looked like "hey, its the reheated XGP variety platter!".

Previous owners saw the writing on the wall, lucky for them they managed to offload Humble to IGN/Ziff right before the wheels fell off.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Honestly I don't know if I would call a Sands of Time remake all that high profile in the grand scheme of Ubi-soft games.
In the grand scheme of Ubisoft games, no. but given that it's one of Ubisoft's smaller and less prestigious studios, they should probably have been given a chance to make a more experimental game like Grow Home or Ode that didn't have the expectations of a classic game and IP attached.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
And in the 'Ubisoft management doesn't know how to read the room' category. Hopefully they don't close the Indian studios that were originally tasked with making the game for peanuts. They almost seemed to have been setup to fail. Oh well.

On an unrelated note, does Steam not sell Star Wars Squadrons? Been looking over a few during the current sale and... several don't seem to actually be available to purchase in the storefront?

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
And in the 'Ubisoft management doesn't know how to read the room' category. Hopefully they don't close the Indian studios that were originally tasked with making the game for peanuts. They almost seemed to have been setup to fail. Oh well.

On an unrelated note, does Steam not sell Star Wars Squadrons? Been looking over a few during the current sale and... several don't seem to actually be available to purchase in the storefront?

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019

If you don't get the discount while they're making you click 5 buttons to pause, then just go ahead and pause it. In a couple of weeks they'll send you an email saying that you can now buy the bundle for $4 less.

They've been sending me that email even though I cancelled my subscription two months ago. And I've just been picking up whichever games I've wanted from key sites for peanuts. Why pay $8-12 for a bundle where you own or aren't interested in half or more of the games when you can just selectively buy the 4 games you are interested in for $3.75?

But coming back to your situation, if they still don't offer you the discount and you definitely want the bundle then you can just buy it at the end of the month at full price. There really is no upside to buying it immediately when it's revealed, even though $12 is not a big deal for most folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.