Community MetaSteam | May 2022 - May Comes Kicking Like a Kangaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
The PC port was released a year later and came in an awesome big box with a large printed map of Nosgoth. It was not a good port though, running at 40 FPS and mono video. Game was also hard to run if you had a CPU above 1 GHz since it would lock up after the opening dialog.

The fan patch by Verok on the wiki fixes all the issues and is compatibel with the GOG version.
All of these issues were compensated by instant loading times (unlike on PS1) and now its should be even better with patch. I will try my luck with this excellent giveaway!
PS - too bad that Verok was caught up in this war, I wonder how he is now? :negative-blob:

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

HoloISO works with quite a lot already including the first-boot experience for the Steam Deck, the main Deck UI, the KDE Plasma Desktop Mode (including Valve's Vapor theme), Global FSR, frame limiting and more. Some issues exist though, like it not really working on NVIDIA GPUs and Intel needs some package downgrades. For AMD though, it's looking golden.
Still wouldn't exactly recommend it for full desktop use, best to really wait until Valve release it properly or at least leave it until HoloISO has had time to mature more.
I can't afford a Steam Deck and I really would love to try Steam OS 3. I hope Valve can release a proper ISO soon and maybe who knows I can switch to dual boot.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018

I can't afford a Steam Deck and I really would love to try Steam OS 3. I hope Valve can release a proper ISO soon and maybe who knows I can switch to dual boot.
I think SteamOS3 is coming soon. They’re still doing Deck optimisations but there’s only so much you can do.

I read somewhere (can’t remember where, sadly) that Valve is improving things in the Steam Deck version of SteamOS and the Steam Client that looks like it’s in preparation for a wider release, such as merging the “Game Mode” version of the client with the desktop version, so you don’t have to close Steam and run a different version of the client to change the UI.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Steam Deck battle report -

FROG DETECTIVE 1
Was not as good as I hoped. It's super short, which is not that surprising. Unfortunately the barebone feel is also present in the plot and gameplay, calling it a point and click, while technically true, feels like a diss to the myriad point and clicks that came before. Speak to everybody, give one or two objects, game end.
But it's obviously not fair if you don't praise the atmosphere, the gently oddball imagery, and the charming characters.

In short Frog Detective is barely a game, but it's also an endearing introduction to Grace Bruxner's creative power. I can only wish she pushes the gameplay envelope a little for the sequels.

THE DARKSIDE DETECTIVE 1
Hmm.
First case was in the demo so no surprise for me. It's super short and very simple. Having finished the second case, which is a little longer, I can only lament the entry into point and click logic territory. Nothing too extreme, no cat mustache on the horizon, but yeah, some moves are more out there than in the first case. And it's full of jokes. Every other line is there to raise some chuckle.
Not that I wanted some dark investigation that much (or maybe I want that with those lovely chunky pixels) but the game could slow down a little on the LOL ROFL /JK front. It gets stale.
Cool experience nonetheless.

So yeah, I play a lot of short narrative games on Deck and they are no home runs, but at least the most important is there, the experience is good. So I can't begrudge.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
It’s looking like the NFT bubble is bursting (thank fuck).

I know in America the first couple of people are being prosecuted for NFT fraud. Think it’s under the wire fraud regulations. The famous faces who had been shilling for NFTs are realising that they may also be liable as well.

so sounds like the perfect time for SE to be jumping in.

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
The fall in quality from Humble Monthly since the IGN buyout is absolutely shocking. I accepted last month just because I have a couple months left in my sub and want out, but this month has got to be the worst yet. And they actually downsized the amount of games to 8... It's almost like they want to keep Humble as a key store and just kill the bundles or something.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

I rented WWE 2K22 a few weeks back and thought it was fine. The AEW game is looking okay, but the hit freeze needs to go.

A PC version was confirmed on the recent stream. Rumor is THQ is publishing the AEW game. If they are, then a Steam version should also happen. I read Tony Khan invested $20 million into Epic about a year ago so I was wondering if they would publish it. There's also rumors that the game has had development issues, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

The fall in quality from Humble Monthly since the IGN buyout is absolutely shocking. I accepted last month just because I have a couple months left in my sub and want out, but this month has got to be the worst yet. And they actually downsized the amount of games to 8... It's almost like they want to keep Humble as a key store and just kill the bundles or something.
Game Pass and EGS freebies have significantly damaged Humble. I doubt they're able to compete with the likes of those companies and have to get the scraps.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Game Pass and EGS freebies have significantly damaged Humble. I doubt they're able to compete with the likes of those companies and have to get the scraps.
The irony is Humble have signed day 1 GamePass releases for many of their own games.

• This!
  • Toucan
Reactions: Tomasety and Arc

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

I rented WWE 2K22 a few weeks back and thought it was fine. The AEW game is looking okay, but the hit freeze needs to go.

A PC version was confirmed on the recent stream. Rumor is THQ is publishing the AEW game. If they are, then a Steam version should also happen. I read Tony Khan invested $20 million into Epic about a year ago so I was wondering if they would publish it. There's also rumors that the game has had development issues, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Is this releasing on PS3 or something.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I'm back from my business trip and am greeted with 6 new pages... - what has happened? I'm betting it's something anime or sony related...
Square does something... - well at least I was right about the anime

They sold the good stuff and kept the trash, best possible outcome if you ask me. Tomb Raider, LoK and Deus Ex may yet live again someday.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
-43%
Sheesh that is a quick deep discount. It is tempting, but I have not heard many impressions of the game, positive or negative. It just seems like it came and went.

thank you. there was no actual 'buy' option in my steam yesterday and suddenly bam. there it is
There was a weird bug yesterday for about an hour or so that resulted in a significant number of things unpurchasable on Steam. Probably something broke in the Tuesday maintenance, but it was a weird bug nevertheless since seemingly random games were still able to be purchased.

• Comfy
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
There was a weird bug yesterday for about an hour or so that resulted in a significant number of things unpurchasable on Steam. Probably something broke in the Tuesday maintenance, but it was a weird bug nevertheless since seemingly random games were still able to be purchased.
That seems reasonable. Annoying, since even the web store messed up too, but not unlikely

Reactions: Tomasety

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Good thing: Deck is in my city confirmed.
Bad thing: It's at customs office XD

So yeah if it was cleared by customs I would be able to pick it up today but now who knows when I will get it and how much I will need to pay XD and it is holiday on Monday XD

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Just wanna write that I appreciate RiyuExelica indie posts. You are doing a better job with those posts than GOG, Epic and the media. And they are getting payed to do indie discovery.
This!!! I fully agreed with Fantomena on the subject. Also, it's a pity we lost some other beloved members like Wok, texhnolyze and JCB.

I still believe that a MetaCouncil curator group made by the community would be a great idea giving the amount of exposure and joy many members bring to the forum. We have already a MetaCouncil Steam group, so a Curator could be a reasonable idea.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
This!!! I fully agreed with Fantomena on the subject. Also, it's a pity we lost some other beloved members like Wok, texhnolyze and JCB.

I still believe that a MetaCouncil curator group made by the community would be a great idea giving the amount of exposure and joy many members bring to the forum. We have already a MetaCouncil Steam group, so a Curator could be a reasonable idea.
I like the idea of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.