Community MetaSteam | May 2022 - May Comes Kicking Like a Kangaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!
  • Glad to have you back, lashman, huge hugs.

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Huge hugs for all of you there.

Kao the Kangaroo

Kao The Kangaroo is a 3D platformer from veterans of the genre Tate Multimedia, featuring a plucky, cheeky but a cutie, Kao The Kangaroo (Hey, just like in the title!) on a quest to uncover the truth around the disappearance of his father.

During his journey, Kao will explore a wide variety of beautifully detailed environments, each harboring secrets to uncover. At every turn, Kao faces new challenges. He’ll have to use all his skills while learning some new ones...not all of them being natural to the world he lives in! As they say, it’s the journey that makes us, not the destination.

Trek to Yomi

As a vow to his dying Master, the young swordsman Hiroki is sworn to protect his town and the people he loves against all threats. Faced with tragedy and bound to duty, the lone samurai must voyage beyond life and death to confront himself and decide his path forward.

Experience an enthralling story of Hiroki during his fall against the forces of evil and heroic return to make good on his failed promise to save the people he swore to protect.

Sniper Elite 5

The latest instalment in the award-winning series, Sniper Elite 5 offers unparalleled sniping, tactical third-person combat and an enhanced kill cam. Fight your way across the most immersive maps yet, with many real-world locations captured in stunning detail, and an improved traversal system that lets you explore more of them than ever before.

France, 1944 – As part of a covert US Rangers operation to weaken the Atlantikwall fortifications along the coast of Brittany, elite marksman Karl Fairburne makes contact with the French Resistance. Soon they uncover a secret Nazi project that threatens to end the war before the Allies can even invade Europe: Operation Kraken.

Neptunia x SENRAN KAGURA: Ninja Wars

Neptunia and SENRAN KAGURA join forces in this hack 'n slash RPG! Pair up 10 playable characters to slice through enemy hordes, channel the elements, and perform special character attacks. Then find your center with the Peaches & Cream Meditation minigame before taking on the post-game challenges of Yomi-Training!

Each character possess a unique set of skills, known as Ninja Art Skills. Chain your Ninja Art Skills to leave your enemies in the dust. Ninjas and shinobi are also equipped with projectiles that can inflict physical damage or temporary status ailments to slow down foes.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising

Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising combines a thrilling adventure through ancient ruins with the tale of one town’s rise from the ashes.

Drawn by lenses and other treasure in the nearby Runebarrows, our heroes learn that the town is struggling to rebuild after an earthquake and decide to help. Along the way, they’ll resolve disputes between eager adventurers and wary locals who don’t think the Barrows should be disturbed. And they’ll learn more about each other’s reasons for seeking treasure, deepening their bonds in the process.

The Centennial Case : A Shijima Story

The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story is a new unique mystery-adventure game.
Directed by Koichiro Ito, and with Yasuhito Tachibana as the Cinematographer and Scenario Director, beautiful yet thrilling live-action footage intertwines with mysteries to solve, creating highly immersive gameplay.

The player follows a chain of murders which take place over the span of a century. Four murders have been committed in three different time periods - 1922, 1972, and 2022.
Each episode is comprised of three parts, the Incident phase, the Reasoning phase, and the Solution phase, inviting the player to seamlessly enter into this world of mystery.
Explore these time periods, collect multiple clues, and solve a 100-year mystery.

Soda Crisis

[Soda Crisis] is a fast-paced side-scrolling shooter game. You play as a mysterious character of unknown origin, equipped with advanced high-tech gears and fierce combating skills - definitely the chosen one for this rescue mission! Bearing the mystery of origins, you will explore this futuristic world, search out the secrets behind the danger, and fight for the fate of Earth!

Makai Kingdom: Reclaimed and Rebound

What’s an Overlord to do when your Netherworld is destroyed and you’ve managed to just barely save your own life by sealing your soul in a sacred tome? In this strategy RPG you take on the role of Overlord Zetta, Overlord of Overlords, in his quest to reclaim his Netherworld and his body after a destructive prophecy came true and his entire Netherworld was wiped off the map.

Using cunning strategies, ultra-powerful magic, and a vast range of crazy deadly weapons, Lord Zetta aims to take control of his enemies’ lands. Using a feature unique to this battle system, you can summon your army via the INVITE system to do your bidding on the battlefield and dominate your foes! This iteration of Makai Kingdom also includes the western debut of Petta Mode where you can discover the origin story of Zetta’s daughter from the future.

ZHP: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman

Not everyone can live up to the legend of the Unlosing Ranger, afterall, he never loses! When greatness is thrust upon our new hero, he must rise to the occasion, but he won’t be without help. In this turn-based rogue-like dungeon crawler, you begin your journey by prepping in Bizarro Earth—which is a lot like regular Earth, but with more dungeons and monsters. Using this new realm as your training ground, you gather strength and friends to help you along your way.

Arm yourself with various types of equipment to change your appearance and abilities, and use the grid-based Body Modification system to boost your attributes and gain beneficial effects. Between missions, you can plan your next move within your home base. Access various dungeons, interact with your allies, and sell or store the spoils from your adventures. You can also customize your home base with facilities and assign your allies to them in order to grant unique advantages to you while you’re in dungeons. Dungeons are randomly generated and multi-leveled, so be ready to adapt and fight! Boss battles await you at the end of certain dungeons, so learn their unique mechanics and gimmicks in order to triumph against them. Completing dungeons earns you items while also increasing your Total Level count, which improves your base attributes and gets you ever closer to defeating Darkdeath Evilman and saving the world!

Old World

Old World is a historical strategy game where you lead your empire through multiple generations, building a grand legacy to last beyond your own years. This is an era of great leaders, from the revered to the feared. Which will you be?

Marry for politics, raise your heirs, and manage your relationship with the families of your kingdom. In the fast and furious world of kings and queens, family matters.

The world is full of great characters with distinct personalities, strengths, and weaknesses. Use them to forge your kingdom, defend your borders, and build ties with other leaders.

MY LITTLE PONY: A Maretime Bay Adventure

Bring magic back to Equestria and play with the new generation of MY LITTLE PONY characters, in an adventure full of fun, fashion and good friends!

Earth Pony Sunny wants to make the world a better place by hosting Maretime Bay Day, a forgotten celebration of friendship and magic. But some pony is out to spoil the celebration - and they're stealing cakes, letting bunnies loose, and even spoiling Pipp's paintings!

Only you can help Sunny throw the most magical celebration Equestria has ever seen. Use your magic to put on fashion shows, find the cutest animals, fly with the Pegasi and more. Customize your ponies by unlocking new skills and accessories, including new hats and jewelry, rollerblades, and fashion magic.

Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh

Curtis Craig is a quiet young man. He has a steady job working for the WynTech Industries corporation. He has a lovely girlfriend, Jocilyn. He's been out of the mental hospital for exactly one year. All Curtis wants is to live a normal, happy life, but something seems to have other plans... Strange events, inexplicable and terrifying, begin to happen all around him. Curtis begins to doubt his own sanity, and the very fabric of reality.
Then... The murders begin...

Sniper Elite 5

Get the achievement:
[WIP]

WIP

People who have completed the challenge:
  • @Avi

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar) or use our wonderful bot Mona (thanks Valdien)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Last edited:

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Thanks for the thread Mor!

Hype for that Eiyuden side game to finally launch (I backed their Kickstarter!). Mvania with RPG elements + Junko Kawano art sounds exactly what I want to play right now! If I recall correctly, some of the things you collect in this spinoff game were supposed to carry over into the "main" Eiyuden JRPG as well, which sounds amazing - hopefully that remains the case.

I also beat Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe yesterday (on Xbox, though I also double dipped on a Steam copy to show support for Crows Crows Crows). That was fucking outstanding, I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time, especially while playing the new content. Dont pick it up right now if you're a previous owner holding out for a bigger discount, but definitely do still play ot at some point... but if you've somehow never played The Stanley Parable before, run, dont walk and pick this up ASAP!

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
Oh man Phantasmagoria 2! My partner had watched/played it as a kid/teen and had me play it a few years back. It's actually pretty cool and cheesy as fuckkk. The actor who plays the lead character Curtis has been running a patreon and YouTube series in the past year or so where he's talking about his experience filming the scenes, has brought on other actors from the game, has been doing a playthrough of the game (he's not a gamer at all), etc. Pretty cool stuff :steam_cleanseal:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Since not all of you use the figure thread

I need help, in planning on buying the 1/4 scale prime1 2B statue.

They seem to be sold out (pre-orders sold out) but in May they should be available.

I'm just trying to find some places that are selling it and that ship to the US.

I'm guessing it will be a bit hard to find since most sites are not allowing people to cancel their orders. Hopefully I am able to find the statue at a decent price.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
thanks for the new thread ^^ Mor .
purchase list
Steam - Neptunia x SENRAN KAGURA: Ninja Wars
Steam - Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising
Switch - Seven Pirates H
DLCs?.

Maybe MAGLAM LORD on Steam but not sure.

That said Touken Ranbu Warriors (Koei Tecmo) is listed for May 24th on Switch and doesn't seem to have page entry on Steam, being a musou game I suppose it will get Steam release soon or later.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
That said Touken Ranbu Warriors (Koei Tecmo) is listed for May on Switch and doesn't seem to have page entry on Steam, being a musou game I suppose it will get Steam release soon or later.
Isn't that exclusive to some weird Japanese store? DMM?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Great, OP Mor

I wonder when and how I will get the code for the Eiyuden companion game

EDIT:
Oh yeah, that backer site. Just found that one again, and it still says "order unfulfilled", so I guess they'll send it to me via email or at least send me one once I can get the code from there. Game looks like i would be a great match for the Deck

• Hug
Reactions: Tomasety and Mor
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Isn't that exclusive to some weird Japanese store? DMM?
As a matter of fact, it will get a Steam release or so I have seen at some point, however nothing has been said yet here.
The game has a steamdb entry, which is very interesting. Can't believe they are localizing it when the mobile game was not known to most people outside Japan.
Exactly this

Last edited:
  • This!
Reactions: LRB1983 and Cacher
Status
Not open for further replies.