Community MetaSteam | May 2022 - May Comes Kicking Like a Kangaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrishaKit

The Recusant's Sigil
Aug 11, 2021
Makai Kingdom and ZHP released on Steam yesterday
I beta tested the Makai Kingdom port if anyone has any questions about it. Not much to say though, its a pretty direct port, not dissimilar to the Soul Nomad port. The 2D assets were left alone so a lot of the game looks a little blurry being an old PS2 title. Has widescreen and mouse support though
PUBG Mobile has a Nier Crossover AND a fucking Evangelion Crossover, HOLY SHIT

and i still won't play it because why would i
how is this gonna work
will i be able to pilot a giant robot in pubg? or is this some kinda costume thing

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Lads and lasses, I need soundproofing help. I bought 12 standard-size acoustic foam thingies.

I am in a 3m by 4m room with a 2x2m corner desk, a 2m sideboard, a bookshelf and nothing else.
I have some issues with echo/resound

Where should I put the soundproofing? to the left (where the desk is standing against the wall), front and behind, or also on the other wall?
Most of the front is windows.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
:toucan: @ Humlbe Bandle having Steam Deck bundle but refusing to actually name it

This is hilarious, but there might be a not stupid reason they can't say "Steam Deck Verified". While I doubt Valve are blocking third party stores from saying games are "Steam Deck Verified", they may not say whether third party stores can or cannot do it and the lawyers - as they do - said to err on the side of caution until Valve inevitably tells them to go nuts.

At the very least Fanatical has already done it and no one's said anything.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I beta tested the Makai Kingdom port if anyone has any questions about it. Not much to say though, its a pretty direct port, not dissimilar to the Soul Nomad port.
I played Soul Nomad, ZHP and Makai Kingdom for about an hour each last night.

They're all ran pretty well, although there are a couple of things I'm not happy about. First and foremost is the font. Codeglue should've opted to use a good pixel font instead. It's a little inconsistent seeing the fonts used by the UI in Makai Kingdom is a mix between bitmap and vector font.

Secondly, disabling texture filtering didn't affect the VN segments of ZHP, even though the character sprites and 3D fields are properly unfiltered. As a result, the VN segment looks extremely blurry at 2160p.

There is no anti aliasing whatsoever, so I'll have to see if we can apply SMAA or use DSR with a negligible performance loss (probably not the latter).

Looking into the game files, it seems that the assets are unarchived, and there are loose files for the fonts. It might be possible to modify the font if we can understand what the format is (.otx extension).

Last edited:

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
While I'm really enjoying Trails in the Sky and see myself hooked to the series, I bought this one

I also ordered one of these when it came back in stock the other day... I've been reading the free PDF copy that they sent out, the content is amazing! Easily the best video game adjacent book I own, it's comprehensive, lengthy, and well-edited. If you have the slightest interest in JRPGs this is a must buy.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I bought this on release, and it's easily one of my favourite history book! :flare_lmao:
I was planning on doing the same, but I hesitated on pulling the trigger after adding to cart because the shipping costs an arm and a leg (Europe stuff always kills me). When I decided to go ahead, it was already out of stock. :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

Needless to say, I didnt hesitate this time haha, ordered it as soon as I got the in stock email!

Also, one of our councillors here is the contributor of Trails and Ys section. :flare_smirk:
Ah yeah, I saw in the credits that Swweet wrote the Falcom section! :coffee-blob: Sterling work, as always!

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
the shipping costs an arm and a leg (Europe stuff always kills me).
Yeah, shipping from Europe is already expensive pre-COVID, but it's been increasing in price ever since. They charged me 17 quid == $30 AUD for shipping to Australia. It's not cheap, but at least it's well-packed and arrived in pristine condition.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Congratulations to Master Madjoki for appearing on latest GameDiscoverCo newsletter.

For those unaware of the GameDiscoverCo newsletter, it's mainly focused for devs and there's a free and a paid version of it.

The GameDiscoverCo newsletter has also another Metamember working on it (guess who) and I'm super happy to see it having a great success. I think there are at least 10.000 subscribers.

Sorry for the little offtopic, I forgot to to apologise for the lack of Steam news on this post.

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Another one of "You either die as hero or live long enough to see yourself becom villain" story.

I think Apple might have been the one who popularised this idea, and since it doesn't technically get rid of E2E encryption, but makes it pointless since your end device is now forced to spy on you, this might even hold in courts.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Also I finished Afterparty last night on Deck, that was disappointing game compared to Oxenfree. It's mostly boring walking simulator with some mini games now and then.
I was bitterly disappointed this was an EGS exclusive, delighted when I found out it was coming to Game Pass too, but then bitterly disappointed again once I’d played it.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I was bitterly disappointed this was an EGS exclusive, delighted when I found out it was coming to Game Pass too, but then bitterly disappointed again once I’d played it.
I bought it on sale last June for $9 on Steam but still haven't played it. I've only heard bad things though. I do plan to try it out in the near future, but yeah... My expectations are low.

Hopefully Oxenfree II will be good.

It's funny, cause the same thing happened with Twin Mirror by DONTNOD, and I've only heard bad things about it.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Damn that sucks. I was really looking forward to Starfield in Nov :(

The 2nd half of the year is looking really quiet now. Its just Soul Hackers 2 and Gotham Knights. And one of those is probably getting delayed as well.

Maybe Elden Ring and/or Cyberpunk DLC can make it out this year. Would be good.

But yea 2023 is sure looking good these days.

Also Elder Scrolls 6 is like a 2028 game now. They will take forever to finish that shit.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Coinbase, one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges, said its users might lose access to their holdings if the company ever went bankrupt.

The disclosure was included in the company's first-quarter earnings report, and that was the first time the risk factor was mentioned. It also noted that Coinbase held $256 billion in fiat currencies and virtual coins.

"Because custodially held crypto assets may be considered to be the property of a bankruptcy estate, in the event of a bankruptcy, the crypto assets we hold in custody on behalf of our customers could be subject to bankruptcy proceedings and such customers could be treated as our general unsecured creditors," the company said.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Really hope this one will be great, i love the MC's design.
She'd be allowed to hit me any time

They, people who don't watch vtubers: “This design is bad, she looks just like a vtuber!”
Me, an average vtuber enjoyer:

Ringo sure is cute (she's voiced by Tomoyo Kurosawa, the voice of Sothis in FE3H and Mizuki in AI The Somnium Files) but I'm most excited about the soundtrack. Looks like it's going to be bangers upon bangers if the soundtrack sampler is anything to go by. :flare_bath:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
It's almost month until Uncharted PC release according to leaks and still nothing from Sony. Their PC releases really are just random and in my opinion Sony really needs to come out with some clear strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.