Community MetaSteam | May 2023 - Bloody hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Looks like Crypt was the only big hit they had all these years. Its sad they are struggling with payroll.

I was thinking about replaying Crypt not that long ago to see how fun it is on Deck.

Apparently The Snitch confirmed a teaser for MGS3 Remake at the Playstation Showcase, but contrary to previous rumors it will be multiplatform
So they really are gonna start from the very beginning of the MGS timeline and remake everything that happened over the 60 year in game history with the exception of MGSV ofc.

It could be a fun plan for Konami.

I guess a Peace Walker remake would be next.

And after that they could remake Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2. They could pull it off as one long game or something.

This is all assuming these remakes sell well. If not its probably one n done. Konami going the remake strategy route after seeing Capcom swimming in EZ cash.

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Imagine if after all of that they finally finish MGS5 for the first time.
If they remake the original Metal Gear (1987) then it would make for a good enough conclusion to the MGSV story and Punished Snake. It would basically be the chapter 3 everyone wanted. Or at least as good as it gets all things considered. It would be fairly easy too as they could rehire Kiefer for the voicework and they could go an entirely new actor that sounds like a young Hayter as well. Or maybe they can just do some AI voicework that sounds like Hayter while paying him for likeness lol.

I wonder what engine Konami plans on using for these remakes. They still have the Fox Engine and dozens of employees who know that engine. I mean the Survive team has to still be around lol.

Or will they just go the modern route n do Unreal 5. It would be the smart approach as I doubt the Fox Engine will get enough continuous support for several remakes.

We are pretty much knee deep in the remake generation anyways so fuck it why not. There isn't much creativity left in the AAA sphere. Go ahead Konami and remake everything. Don't just do SH and MGS...remake all the old Castlevania games too. Make them 3D souls like games and reel in billions of $$$ like Capcom is doing. The majority of the gaming community today is young zoomers/genz...they've only ever heard of these games they never truly experienced them. Bring them all back from the dead ffs wtvr.

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Jesus Diablo 4 is pricey. And on top of that it's Battle.net.
I don't have a PS5 but it's so pricey that it would be a better deal physical on consoles. I guess my budget will live or die on tomorrow's show.

I guess I'm just pissed at myself for buying a 4070 and only playing Mihoyo games on it.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Jesus Diablo 4 is pricey. And on top of that it's Battle.net.
I don't have a PS5 but it's so pricey that it would be a better deal physical on consoles. I guess my budget will live or die on tomorrow's show.
Yup, Battle.net has no regional pricing either, so 70 euro is 827 NOK which is 75$, for standard edition. I don't find Battle.net all that bad, but the lack of system level cheevos and playtime tracking is so sad. The client is actually quick and solid for me, but it lacks so many features that I enjoy on Steam.

Im just crossing my fingers that Blizzard PR will send me a promo code, otherwise I don't know what I will do as I really liked the beta I played.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
JP version of Blue Protocol releases on June 14th (just announced in a livestream).
I'm guessing we may hear news about the global version at summer games fest?

EDIT: Global version delayed to 2024, closed beta in 2023...

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: ExistentialThought

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
if you buy every generation.
I am confident in replacing my 1660 super with a 4060.
Looking at some charts, it seems you can expect to more or less double your performance (as long as you don't run into other bottlenecks), it's a pretty nice bump indeed.
Also getting access to new stuff like DLSS and such is a boon. HDMI2.1 is pretty nice too if your display supports it.

Reactions: QFNS

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Looking at some charts, it seems you can expect to more or less double your performance (as long as you don't run into other bottlenecks), it's a pretty nice bump indeed.
Also getting access to new stuff like DLSS and such is a boon. HDMI2.1 is pretty nice too if your display supports it.
Yeah, I would only go for a 3060 if it was 40-50% the price of a 4060, so that I could "skip" the 40xx generation. But it doesn't look like it, and I can't skip the current gen and wait for a good 50xx generation, while I still game on a 1660 Super.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Not even every generation, I think for those with a 2060 or 2060 Super it would maybe be better to wait for the next generation, even though the 3060 Ti (and so the 4060 Ti as well) are around 2080 Super tier.
For a 1660 Super though, yeah, a 4060 will likely be a good upgrade, for 1080p.

Reactions: Kyougar

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Yup the 4070 is an awful generation-to-generation upgrade. But a great update if you had a 1080 like I did. The problem is that now my ryzen 5 3600 is bottlenecking my GPU lmao

• Hug
Reactions: Kyougar

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Yup the 4070 is an awful generation-to-generation upgrade. But a great update if you had a 1080 like I did. The problem is that now my ryzen 5 3600 is bottlenecking my GPU lmao
mine too, I have a ryzen 5 3600x :D
I already upgraded to 64 GB ram

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
The problem is less the delay (which is crazy to begin with in 2023), and more with how well the game will do in Japan deciding the fate of the game - no chance for a surprise international success.

It's very, very common for online games to tank in Japan (like anywhere else), but then, those games never get their chance elsewhere, like Dragon's Dogma Online a few years ago.
Very risky play.
Just look at the utter mess that is PSo2 with it's endless staggered releases on various platforms and its multiple iterations, and see how well the latest one, New Genesis is doing. Wouldn't be surprised to see it shitcanned by next year.

It's no wonder that specific market has been devoured by Chinese games in only a few years...

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
NVIDIA 4000 series rant:

Like I predicted (not really, was more of an obvious guess based on the data and trends), Nvidia are just taking the piss with the 4060/4060ti that even at launch price they are an awful deal.

Yes, people who are still on 1060s and the like are dying for an upgrade and will get one. The reason people are still on 1060s is because 10 gen showed us how it should be. For <300 people got 970->980 performance and more RAM. Nowadays $400 gets you ~+5-10% (and sometimes even worse performance) and even less ram (12gb to 8 gb for the 60 series) than the previous gen's same category. It's highway robbery.

The reason I said previously it's a shame that 4060s and 4060tis would dominate the Steam survey in about a year is not because it's not a nice bump for people still on 6 year old GPUs. An upgrade that could theoretically match the rest of the gen (although better get used to 1080p or medium or sub 60 or all of the above fairly soon) seems nice, until you realize how much advantage Nvidia is taking of people, the ones who are desperate for an upgrade the most, and how much you are actually paying for less. 8GB of RAM at this tier is already BAD. The 4060 being on a 4050 die is BAD. Like a friend reminded me just now, if not for the 4080 split model debacle, this 4060ti might've been called a 4070!

And especially for people on a budget coming from a 1060 that's lasted them 6 years, because the 4060 will not last you nearly as long, sorry to say. People should not rely on Frame Gen and Upscaling as crutches to milk performance out of these cards, not because they are not neat technologies, because guess what? Game devs are already doing it for us. their shitty ass unoptimized ports are already relying on these technologies to mask their lack of care and attention to detail. The gains you are expecting from those technologies in your 4060 are already lost to the badly optimized ports already in games that use them, if they use them or benefit from them at all.

I'm just sad they keep getting away with shit like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and Shantom

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
i expected something like 1 month or max 2 months or whatever, launching a new mmo at least SIX months later in the west seems stupid
Yeah... The JP version is going to start with the first 3 parts of the story, and the update schedule has it having major updates (new story parts and areas) every 4 months, so by the time the global version releases the JP version may be on like part 5 or 6 (depending on when in 2024 the global version releases).

I feel spoiled by my 2 current mmos of choice, since they both have simultaneous global updates currently (FF14 and PSO2 NGS).

Just look at the utter mess that is PSo2 with it's endless staggered releases on various platforms and its multiple iterations, and see how well the latest one, New Genesis is doing. Wouldn't be surprised to see it shitcanned by next year.
I don't think NGS is gonna get shutdown anytime soon, while it's not doing amazingly well, it's also not doing terribly bad. It's still SEGA's 2nd highest earning free to play game (with the first being the Hatsune Miku mobile game). SEGA even opened a new studio last year that is helping with the development of content for NGS.

Plus Phantasy Star Universe EN PC/PS2 version survived for nearly 4 years with a far lower population than NGS, the total number of accounts by the end reached at best 50k (not active players, but total number of accounts for those 4 years).

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm not really that excited anymore tbh. They've announced this 4 years ago, and by the time it is out here it will be almost 5 years?
I will most likely still try it out, but as someone who has historically not been able to stick with MMOs I think my F2P anime itches are better covered by singleplayer GaaS stuff like Genshin and Star Rail these days, of which there's also probably new stuff coming next year (I'm guessing Zenless Zone Zero and Wuthering Waves are 2024 candidates).

Reactions: thekeats1999

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I want to play Jedi Survivor so much but game is still technical mess. I can get it to play relatively smoothly and look decent with DLSS+FG mod but damn RayTracing (that looks great) has tons of pop-in. They also broke oclusion so whenever you turn camera fast enough you see objects appear and disappear. It's really annoying and ruins experience.

• Sad
Reactions: inky
Status
Not open for further replies.