Community MetaSteam | May 2023 - Bloody hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
SF6's world tour mode being kinda bad is disappointing. I am not much of a fighting game fan but I do enjoy a fun campaign so I would have bought it if the world tour mode was really good .
I haven't really read much on World Tour being bad though? Mostly it being a bit grindy due to RPG elements and wonky performance. Sounds like its okay at worst.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I haven't really read much on World Tour being bad though? Mostly it being a bit grindy due to RPG elements and wonky performance. Sounds like its okay at worst.
I read several reviews and the general consensus seems to be that it's grindy, the main SF characters have limited to no presence and it doesn't tell a satisfying story. I don't know, maybe it's not as bad as it sounds on paper but I really expected something much more involved.

Reactions: Stone Ocean

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
So what SEGA has been teasing as a major update for PSO2 NGS, what they initially called "ultra evolution update" and eventually named NGS ver.2... Is worse than the previous half year updates when it comes to main content. The main focus of this update really ended up being the side content "creative spaces" (player housing system).

The main content is pretty much just lvl cap increase, enemy levels increase and a few new bosses in the combat areas of first region from 2 years ago.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
So what SEGA has been teasing as a major update for PSO2 NGS, what they initially called "ultra evolution update" and eventually named NGS ver.2... Is worse than the previous half year updates when it comes to main content. The main focus of this update really ended up being the side content "creative spaces" (player housing system).

The main content is pretty much just lvl cap increase, enemy levels increase and a few new bosses in the combat areas of first region from 2 years ago.
They shouldn't have gone open world. It adds nothing other than a whole lot of work since they aren't able to do anything worthwhile with it (unless this has changed in newer zones), and they clearly do not have the manpower/toolset to handle that workload.
I really wanted to like it and I have been following news on the side, but their entire release strategy remains mystifying.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
They shouldn't have gone open world. It adds nothing other than a whole lot of work since they aren't able to do anything worthwhile with it (unless this has changed in newer zones), and they clearly do not have the manpower/toolset to handle that workload.
I really wanted to like it and I have been following news on the side, but their entire release strategy remains mystifying.
Atm there's 4 open world regions, but with this ver.2 update the only things worth doing in the 32 player exploration sectors will be gathering mats and fighting the gigantix type enemies. No new region is being added with the ver.2 update, and only the first region's gigantix enemies are getting updated.

Other than that, only the 8 player combat sectors are getting updated for the new lvl cap (and only those in the first region, so yay going back to 2021 locations, just with a few new bosses), and also they're increasing the level of 2 of this region's urgent quests, while... removing the 3 other urgent quests (they'll only be accessible through triggers)...

IMO NGS really needed proper full fledged dungeons, plus a system not unlike FF14's roulettes (random dungeon matchmaking).

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Really enjoyed the Remake, but obviously havent played this one yet, definitely will buy

Nice! Hoping for a good port.
There must be a mistake, I thought that game couldn't exist without PS5 SSD
While the PS5 SSD being an insurmountable advantage for console was bunk, it wouldnā€™t surprise me if this game required a lot of RAM (with long initial loads) or DirectStorage.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Nixxes worked on this according to the Steam page.

Also:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: TBD
Graphics: TBD
RECOMMENDED:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
As much as i like Ratchet honestly this was waste of Nixxes. Sony should have moved them to GoT that had much better chance selling a lot of copies than Ratchet. As i said before Ratchet will end up like Sackboy.

• This!
Reactions: Lashley

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Nonsense, theyā€™re completely different games of differing quality. R&C will sell much more than Sackboy.

Nixxes arenā€™t wasted on this game. Ghost of Tsushima is a PS4 game, whereas Rift Apart is a PS5 technical showcase.
On PC both Sackboy (Little Big Planet in general) and Rachet are unknown, have mid length and cost a lot (doubt that Ratchet will be below 60$). Not something that sells that much, especially not with 2 year delay. Got on the other hand is new IP, wanted theme, open world, and basically giving people a lot for the money even et the full price.

• Shrug
Reactions: C-Dub

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
As much as i like Ratchet honestly this was waste of Nixxes. Sony should have moved them to GoT that had much better chance selling a lot of copies than Ratchet. As i said before Ratchet will end up like Sackboy.
We already know Ghost is coming because of the Nvidia leak. Another team is probably working on it.

The SteamDB for Ratchet went up last January so they were obviously working on this and Spiderman at the same time. Why would they get them to work on Ghosts when its far more efficient for them to work on Insomniacā€™s titles that are all on the same engine.

Not sure why yaā€™ll are so desperate for another bloated open world game.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Also, Nixxes has only ported Insomniac games so far. That should change because they're the most competent PC porting studio that they have, next to the Jetpack guys that ported God of War

Reactions: Arsene and C-Dub

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
On PC both Sackboy (Little Big Planet in general) and Rachet are unknown, have mid length and cost a lot (doubt that Ratchet will be below 60$). Not something that sells that much, especially not with 2 year delay. Got on the other hand is new IP, wanted theme, open world, and basically giving people a lot for the money even et the full price.
Still a PS4 game. Why would Nixxes work on that when they were bought by Sony to do challenging ports?

I also disagree that R&C and Sackboy are comparable. One is an okay co-op platformer, the other is a AAA graphical showcase with high-end set pieces and one of the best games in the year it released.

R&C will sell significantly better than Sackboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.