Community MetaSteam | May 2023 - Bloody hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
We'll see. Unlike TLOU, it isn't a 10 year old game, and it's being ported by a household name company known to PC people to do good work.
They’re pricing it cheaper than it launched on PS5 in some regions too.

£70 on PS5, £50 on PC.

Game will sell fine. Probably won’t be Sony’s biggest seller but it’s insane to think this will be a flop.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Ah, finally. Day one assuming the port isn't garbage... and I hope that someday we'll also get Ratchet & Clank Collection.
Yeah, it would be a shame if they just stuck to modern titles and never go back to port stuff like the Uncharted, R&C and God of War Collections. I understand prioritizing the latest and greatest but once that well runs dry I really hope they'll start porting their back catalogue.

Looked into it a bit and it seems like Rift Apart is a direct sequel to Into The Nexus, which itself was a direct sequel to the R&C Future trilogy. So yeah, my interest is kinda dropping a little from that since I never played any of those games...

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Yeah, it would be a shame if they just stuck to modern titles and never go back to port stuff like the Uncharted, R&C and God of War Collections. I understand prioritizing the latest and greatest but once that well runs dry I really hope they'll start porting their back catalogue.

Looked into it a bit and it seems like Rift Apart is a direct sequel to Into The Nexus, which itself was a direct sequel to the R&C Future trilogy. So yeah, my interest is kinda dropping a little from that since I never played any of those games...
I played the Future games, but never Into The Nexus and I don’t think I missed anything when I played Rift Apart.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Porting the PS2 and PS3 games would be a big technical challenge. Not at all insurmountable of course for a dedicated team and with a reasonable budget, but sufficiently so that I can only see it making sense as part of a larger multi-platform remaster effort.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Porting the PS2 and PS3 games would be a big technical challenge. Not at all insurmountable of course for a dedicated team and with a reasonable budget, but sufficiently so that I can only see it making sense as part of a larger multi-platform remaster effort.
I wonder if Sony will ever get to looking at these older games.

I still think that, to push their cloud streaming stuff, they need to get (at the very least) their PS3 and earlier games running on modern hardware rather than relying on aging PS3s in a data centre to do it. I think that's an opportunity to do modern ports (PS5/PC/Cloud), but I'm not the galaxy brain genius running PlayStation Studios.

But I'm not convinced we'll see ports for most pre-PS3 games. I think it's more likely those games will be released on modern platforms in an emulation wrapper.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
So the question is: who do we need to bug to get Konami to hire PH3 to untangle MGS4? :p

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Damn good reviews for both SF6 and Diablo IV.

Strong start to June

FFXVI will probably review well too.

Also I've been thinking about picking up Etrian Odyssey but the prices are so shit. How does P4G and P3P launch for 20$ each but they decide to charge 40$ for each EO game? Or 80$ for all 3??? wtf SEGA/Atlus. They better get some nice discount b4 the end of the year. I want all 3 for like 30-40$ at most.

• Toucan
Reactions: NarohDethan

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Dang, that's not Tsushima. I was hoping that one was next, or Demon's Souls.

The saltiness in the comment section here is glorious lmao. Imagine witnessing 3 years of PC porting and still having fanboy spasm every time they announce a new one :cold-sweat:
Oof, you weren't kidding. Got my daily dose of cringe... I cannot believe grown ass adults act/speak this way. :huhblob:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The fans would lose their shit whether a game took 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months or 3 years to arrive.

Might as well just do day 1 releases.
Yea I remember Xbox fans getting all mad when they started doing PC releases. People crying on Twitter because Quantum Break and Rise of the Tomb Raider was announced for PC. Shortly after that they started releasing them day n date.....and everyone shut up. Its not an issue anymore. Would love to see Sony do the same just to kill off all the toxicity. The gatekeeping from the diehard PS fans has always been terrible and embarrassing. Most of them are too dumb to understand how beneficial it is for Sony to earn additional revenue via PC to keep funding these big budget games.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Diablo 4 PC not having local same screen multiplayer sucksssssss, dammit. AGHHHHHHH
This was never going to happen. The game is always online and even has some mmo lite aspects they aren't doing local co op.

Even if it would rule extremely hard, they don't care.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I read or rather watched a video about D4 endgame with a SpinTOWin Barb:

It's basically like just a dumbed down version of the POE map system without the portal system to easily get there for Endgame

So you have to walk there or ride your horse there instead, that's going to get dumb as shit after awhile. All I could think about was how tedious some of the stuff was going to get for the sake of "Lets add in fake multiplayer stuff for the overworld!"

A lot of stuff is going to just be things made artificially annoying or tedious for the sake of making it open world to have players interact with other players when people aren't actually going to be doing that on purpose

My estimation is that once you get done with the main story no one gives a shit about it and then it's about seasons/grinding/endgame etc
Most people are going to just drop the game after they beat the game and aren't going to get anywhere near level cap is my guess.

I really expected something sort of radically different when I played the beta smash weekedn or whatever it was called and It was just sort of "Well that's diablo alright"

Reactions: Kyougar

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
There is absolutely 0 justification for not having local coop on PC if any console version has it.

(In general, in my opinion, there is almost 0 justification for not having local coop if you have any form of coop at all; but at least there is some extra work involved there)

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
  • Sad
Reactions: lashman

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland

If you're interested, the PS2 titles are very playable on emulators. I replayed the first one recently and it's okay, although I vastly prefer the ones released on PS3. Last time I tried Tools of Destruction (I think) on RPCS3, it ran pretty okay (which for a long time it hadn't been the case, with missing textures, visual artifacts and terrible performance).

• Eyes
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Also apparently new Nvidia drivers give significant FPS boost in TLoU Part 1.
Really? Am I'm going to try this out? lol we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.