Community MetaSteam | May 2023 - Bloody hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Well, just Days Gone 2 being in dev was a pretty big red flag.

• This!
Reactions: Derrick01

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I finished up Steamworld Dig 2.

Kind of surprised how short n sweet it was. Took only about 6hrs. For some reason it felt like it was gonna be a very long game but it wasn't.

Loved the world design and all the digging. The enemy variety was really good. The final boss was kinda tough but very fun.

I played the first on Origin briefly ages ago and kinda wasn't feeling it but this one was good all around. Really good Deck game too.

It really does feel like every type of metroidvania/platformer is perfect for the Deck. Even when playing older stuff. I need to compile a big list of these games that I missed out on over the last 5-15 years and give them all a chance. Maybe for the Steam sale next month.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Holy shit, you can copy an image and paste it into the note system in the Steam overlay, so when doing a hard puzzle, you don't have to alt-tab out of the game every time.

game changer

It's just a launcher, dude. Stop being such a Steam Fanboy, and hand over all your money to Tim Epic
(the irony being that I'll actually give my money to Tim Epic when Alan Wake 2 releases later this year)

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I can also do it with a youtube video, just use the Steam overlay browser, pin in it, then play while watching it.

Yeah Ive been doing this while farming my gatherers in FFXIV lol. I used to use a 3rd party overlay plugin. But it didnt support sites like Twitch, which Steam’s browser does.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
After many, many years I got around to playing Policenauts.

My god this game is gross. There’s a part where you can sexually assault a woman, who is doing the whole Sharon Stone Basic Instinct thing.

You can choose to touch her breasts and sniff her. Absolutely insane. There’s games that are a “product of their time” (which I generally find to be a flimsy excuse anyway), and then there’s this.

Blegh.

It’s a shame because, aside from the pervy stuff, it’s a great VN with outrageously brilliant production values for the time.
Does it have any police battery in there too?

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
so in addition to CDPR denying the rumors. BendStudio CM commented about those Days Gone 2 rumors too:

seems some Sony fanboys are quite desperate. lol.

• Toucan
Reactions: inky

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
seems some Sony fanboys are quite desperate. lol.
That Showcase really did send all Playstation fans into a mid life crisis. All it took was a bunch of CGI GaaS trailers and 3rd party multiplats.

Now everyone is out to acquire publishers while talking about additional showcases and greenlighting imaginary games lol.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
That Showcase really did send all Playstation fans into a mid life crisis. All it took was a bunch of CGI GaaS trailers and 3rd party multiplats.

Now everyone is out to acquire publishers while talking about additional showcases and greenlighting imaginary games lol.
This can't be IT! There must be some games they are not telling us about, they just want to surprise us!

lool

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
After many, many years I got around to playing Policenauts.

My god this game is gross. There’s a part where you can sexually assault a woman, who is doing the whole Sharon Stone Basic Instinct thing.

You can choose to touch her breasts and sniff her. Absolutely insane. There’s games that are a “product of their time” (which I generally find to be a flimsy excuse anyway), and then there’s this.

Blegh.

It’s a shame because, aside from the pervy stuff, it’s a great VN with outrageously brilliant production values for the time.
Kojimers is a massive perv, but people always sidestep that conversation for some reason.

Reactions: lashman and C-Dub

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Well, just Days Gone 2 being in dev was a pretty big red flag.
Yes Bend is known to be working on a new IP and they're not a big studio so they can't do 2 games. Also reversing their decision to can the IP in only a couple of years would be hilarious for them to do.

There we go, another "leaker" we can safely ignore in future :)
What you mean a random destiny leaker didn't have knowledge of the hardest thing in gaming to obtain info on?

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and Lashley

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
4070 is not great, but it is ok. It is about three times as fast than 1070 (without DLSS) while costing almost the same (in my country at least) as 1070 did when it launched in 2016. Considering the inflation, I find this fairly decent value. And the power consumption is great. Plus DLSS and RT perf.
Interestingly, I was just talking about this with a friend a few days ago (during a hike, of all things). We also came to the conclusion that the 4090 and the 4070 are the two best-positioned cards in the lineup. (Arguably the only worthwhile ones)

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Shame Sony apparently skipped Infamous Second Son and Last Light when deciding on PC ports.
There's also other early PS4 stuff like Killzone and The Order but those aren't a big loss.
Driveclub is cool though, I still play it sometimes. Shame what happened to that one, I think it would've done great on PC.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

This person has been posting about progress on their game forever now on reddit and just posted their link for it on steam and they're seemingly going to have a demo for it on the next demo fest.
Mindless violence looks kind of neat. Originally they wanted to call it Superthot because it like... slowed down time and well.. you get the idea but people went all "Oh no you cant do that! That's a horrible name!"

Now all of a sudden people are all like "Why isn't it called the name you said in the first place?! It was great!"

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I am just waiting to see if there are any technical issues before (maybe) dropping the cash on SF6.
Understandable since reviewers don't always spot these things, but I don't think we heard of anything major from the demo or beta of this. Plus this is RE Engine so none of the usual Unreal Engine cruft that finds its way into games these days.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Reviews are out for Street Fighter 6:

Just wish they didn't put a horrible regional pricing.

Not even talking about my country (which they've put the worst possible one), they put an absolutely unheard-of pricing on Argentinian regions. Capcom says PC platform is important, then pulls crappy stunts like this.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
SF6's world tour mode being kinda bad is disappointing. I am not much of a fighting game fan but I do enjoy a fun campaign so I would have bought it if the world tour mode was really good .

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Dropped my Deck from less than 1 meter. LB is dead.
I am beyond angry.

Need advice. I suppose there is no point opening it, just send it straight back ?
Shame to hear, about that.
If Valve will send you a new one, then that's probably the best option. It could be that nothing is broken per se, only dislodged, but I wouldn't take the chance if you can get a brand new one.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Shame to hear, about that.
If Valve will send you a new one, then that's probably the best option. It could be that nothing is broken per se, only dislodged, but I wouldn't take the chance if you can get a brand new one.
Yeah, pretty sure they will replace the defective part and call it a day, leaving me, as a miserable pile of neuroses, to deal with the idea that something somewhere might have been deteriorated but not replaced. I know, OCD...
I'm in really high spirits, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.