Community MetaSteam | May 2023 - Bloody hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I don't understand their weird fixation with multiplayer-focused games. All big multiplayer games are multiplatform, people want to play with their friends regardless of platform. Just make a few big kickass singleplayer games for crying out loud. I think Sony's GaaS turn is going to underwhelm for the same reason.
I find it very interesting how the western publishers and developers seem to be hyperfocused on GaaS = Multiplayer while at the same time you have the east coming in with say Hoyoverse making GaaS that are effectively purely single-player and make more bank than most multiplayer-GaaS. Sensortower estimates have Star Rail at 40 million revenue in 5 days on Mobile alone (excluding part of China).

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
The Humble Choice is up

Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters
Spiritfarer
Bendy and the Dark Revival
Operation: Tango
Windjammers 2
Builder Simulator
Behind the Frame
The Invisible Hand

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Microsoft can't catch a break, huh
Like his mentor Peter Moore, Phil is a great hypeman and a demonstrably excellent negotiator, but he tends to miss the forest for the trees when it comes to critical decisions. I'd guess both he and Bethesda are desperate to prove to the number crunchers at Microsoft that buying a very expensive company was worth it. And you know, things aren't looking great regarding that other acquisition.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I'd guess Starfield gets them a ton of money and probably keeps investors happy about the Bethesda buyout just based on hype for typical BGS fare.

But yeah... Redfall is definitely a black eye for both Arkane and Msoft. Just hope Arkane gets another chance at making something else, would hate to see them gutted and shuttered over it.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Is Bendy the sort of thing a person normally not into horror games could enjoy? I liked Signalis but that was largely despite the common horror trappings (pointlessly and tediously small inventory, for example). I just can't really tell from watching the gameplay trailer what the minute to minute of it will be like.

Reactions: lashman

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
One other thing about Jedi Survivor that is huge improvement are characters. Starting from Cal that is both better written and better acted in the Survivor. Then dev team figured out that first game kinda had limited number of characters and limited interaction between them. So in Survivor they really went crazy with number of characters and interaction with them. And on top of that so far every single character i met was both well acted and at worst decently written. It makes game so much better.

And special shout to droids that are in game. Best droids in Star Wars!!!

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Could it be that the last general corporate mandate was "no more major delays" and that lead to the current state of unpolished (to say the least) releases?

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

No More Heroes 3 got patched to be equivalent to the Microsoft Store version.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
The Humble Choice is up

Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters
Spiritfarer
Bendy and the Dark Revival
Operation: Tango
Windjammers 2
Builder Simulator
Behind the Frame
The Invisible Hand
Paused this month. Only chaos gate is on my wishlist, already own Spiritfarer.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Today I play Xenoblade 2 ! Yes I know, incredible. Newsworthy. Yah.
But more seriously, playing Star Rail and Genshin in parallel poses a huge drop risk to my ‘regular’ jrpg, so a man has to do what a man has to !

Like working, having a social life... :sweaty-blob:

Reactions: Dandy

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Mor since you mentioned you were also having temp issues with TLoU, I was wondering if you've noticed improvements since the last patch? I played Left Behind and did some chapter select to get the last few achievements in the last few days and the game runs at completely normal temps for me now.

For my CPU, that's roughly a 20C difference, which seems kind of insane. I'm curious about your experience because I also gave my PC a good cleaning with compressed air over the weekend and swapped some case fans for 140mm ones. I'm sure it had some effect but my PC didn't seem that dusty and I didn't expect the new fans to affect my temps much, only to be more efficient/quieter. So I'm really curious to know how much of a difference the patch actually made. If they really managed to get the temps that much lower, then I really wonder what the hell the game was doing before lol.

Reactions: C-Dub

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Today I play Xenoblade 2 ! Yes I know, incredible. Newsworthy. Yah.
But more seriously, playing Star Rail and Genshin in parallel poses a huge drop risk to my ‘regular’ jrpg, so a man has to do what a man has to !

Like working, having a social life... :sweaty-blob:

Good thing about the two games is that you don't need to spend ages playing every day though (Star Rail will definitely take up more time on weekly reset tho).
Get ready for Zenless Zone Zero after that :blobmelt:

• Toucan
Reactions: Li Kao and QFNS

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It's honestly weird to be able to play Zelda TotK on my soon 8 year old PC as it runs really good on it when the game doesn't release in like 2 weeks.

However, the game's price increase got me too angry to care so fuck Nintendo. Will buy the game when it's priced like all other Nintendo games.

Still, I have a few other games I wanna finish before Zelda, so Zelda will have to wait a bit regardless.

• Disapproval
Reactions: Cacher and Rin
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Mor since you mentioned you were also having temp issues with TLoU, I was wondering if you've noticed improvements since the last patch? I played Left Behind and did some chapter select to get the last few achievements in the last few days and the game runs at completely normal temps for me now.

For my CPU, that's roughly a 20C difference, which seems kind of insane. I'm curious about your experience because I also gave my PC a good cleaning with compressed air over the weekend and swapped some case fans for 140mm ones. I'm sure it had some effect but my PC didn't seem that dusty and I didn't expect the new fans to affect my temps much, only to be more efficient/quieter. So I'm really curious to know how much of a difference the patch actually made. If they really managed to get the temps that much lower, then I really wonder what the hell the game was doing before lol.
Actually, I finished the game and moved on, 1.0.3.0 patch was already somewhat normal between 60 and 70 with occasional 80 degrees spikes in certain scenes. I can try if you want :D

Edit: Actually I also changed a few things from my computer and cleaned it a bit and so far it's also been quieter.

Last edited:
Reactions: toxicitizen

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
It's honestly weird to be able to play Zelda TotK on my soon 8 year old PC as it runs really good on it when the game doesn't release in like 2 weeks.

However, the game's price increase got me too angry to care so fuck Nintendo. Will buy the game when it's priced like all other Nintendo games.

Still, I have a few other games I wanna finish before Zelda, so Zelda will have to wait a bit regardless.
The 60€ for the Zelda preorder must have been the most I paid for a new release ever. PC gaming has spoilt us.
Still unsure if I play this on Emulator or on my launch Switch - depends on performance.

Reactions: Cacher and TheTrain

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

This is a minor change, but very welcome. There are some games that e.g. have been out for a while and do a new (often non-gameplay) trailer for every DLC release / update / season / whatever, and it was annoying not to be able to get to actual screenshots quickly.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
well, time to play Zelda...

runs relatively well on my gtx 1080, be sure to install the 30 fps patch, because the game is locked at 20 for some reason lol.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
runs relatively well on my gtx 1080, be sure to install the 30 fps patch, because the game is locked at 20 for some reason lol.

Wow. Downloaded tried and runs perfect.
Thanks a lot.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Used the same mod + running at 1080p, vulkan and docked. Not perfect, but far better than I expected and fully playable.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I find it very interesting how the western publishers and developers seem to be hyperfocused on GaaS = Multiplayer while at the same time you have the east coming in with say Hoyoverse making GaaS that are effectively purely single-player and make more bank than most multiplayer-GaaS. Sensortower estimates have Star Rail at 40 million revenue in 5 days on Mobile alone (excluding part of China).
Hoyo needs to make a farming sim/Animal Crossing GaaS. You could pull for new villagers, stamina would be used for crafting/farming, etc. I imagine they would make a fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.