Community MetaSteam | May 2023 - Bloody hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!
  • Glad to have you back, lashman, huge hugs.

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Huge hugs for all of you there.

Redfall

The island town of Redfall, Massachusetts, is under siege by a legion of vampires who have blocked out the sun and cut the citizens off from the outside world. Explore the open world and immerse yourself in a deep story campaign as you unravel the mystery behind the vampires’ appearance. Ally with a handful of survivors against the creatures threatening to bleed the town dry.

Redfall is an open-world, single player and co-op FPS from Arkane Austin, the award-winning team behind Prey and Dishonored. Continuing Arkane’s legacy of carefully crafted worlds and immersive sims, Redfall brings the studio’s signature gameplay to this story-driven action shooter.

Age of Wonders 4

Rule a fantasy realm of your own design in Age of Wonders 4. Explore new magical realms in Age of Wonders’ signature blend of 4X strategy and turn-based tactical combat. Control a faction that grows and changes as you expand your empire with each turn.

Triumph Studios’ award-winning strategy series has emerged into a new age, evolving the game’s iconic empire building, role-playing, and warfare to the next level. A new storytelling event system and hugely customizable empires provide an endlessly replayable experience, where each game adds a new chapter to your ever-growing saga.

Powerful Wizard Kings have returned to the realms to reign as gods among mortals. Claim and master the Tomes of Magic to evolve your people, and prepare for an epic battle that will determine the ages to come.

Darkest Dungeon® II

Darkest Dungeon II is a roguelike road trip of the damned. Form a party, equip your stagecoach, and set off across the decaying landscape on a last gasp quest to avert the apocalypse. The greatest dangers you face, however, may come from within...

Four heroes and a stagecoach are all that stand between darkness and salvation.

The ground-breaking genre-defining combat from Darkest Dungeon returns, but everything from stats to rules has been refined and improved. The all new Token System helps make your decisions impactful while adding even more depth of play.

Uncover and experience the tragic origin stories of each hero. Unlock their full potential via new skills, paths, items, and more.

Cook Serve Forever

Chop, stir, and sauté your way through the bustling solarpunk city of Helianthus as Nori Kaga, a food cart chef aspiring to make it big like her role model, the Culinary Queen, Chef Rhubarb.

The dramatic fully-voiced story stars Elspeth Eastman (League of Legends), Maya Aoki Tuttle (Destiny 2), Emme Montgomery (Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?!), Broden Kelly (Aunty Donna), SungWon Cho (God of War: Ragnarök, Boyfriend Dungeon), Jennifer Roberts (Triangle Strategy) and more!

This all-new IP from the creators of "Cook, Serve, Delicious!" features:

• A massive new adventure with dozens of hours of gameplay!
  • Gameplay that simulates the rhythm and tactility of cooking!
  • Hundreds of new ingredients and recipes with an all new dynamic cooking system!
  • An amazing original soundtrack by award winning composer Jonathan Geer!
  • Optional side quests with a diverse cast of characters!

Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2

A year has passed since the events of Fuga: Melodies of Steel. The war was fought and won. Life went on.

That is, until the children are summoned to Pharaoh to aid with the investigation of the recovered Taranis. During their survey, the Taranis suddenly goes haywire and sets out on a deadly rampage, trapping and absconding with a number of their party. The remaining children and Malt board their erstwhile enemy—the dread tank Tarascus—to chase after the Taranis and save their friends.

Revamped tactical battle system!
New additions to the battle system based on player feedback such as the reworked Soul Cannon and newly implemented Managarm allows for cutting-edge tactical gameplay!

Fight battles how you see fit!
Plot your path forward on the branching routes of the battlefield. The new airship support system allows for even more options!

Make every decision count!
The choices you make affect the Judgment Gauges, ultimately changing how events play out. You are the author of your own story.

The weight of despair, rage, and loss will shake you to your core in Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2—the RPG of hard choices and tough decisions!

Far Cry® 6

Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As the dictator of Yara, Antón Castillo is intent on restoring his nation to its former glory by any means necessary, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps. Their oppressive rule has ignited a revolution.

- Play as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran, as you fight alongside a modern-day guerrilla revolution to liberate Yara. Play the full game solo or with a friend in co-op.

- Explore jungles, beaches, and cities on foot, horseback, or in a wide variety of vehicles including boats and Jet Skis as you fight against Castillo’s regime in the most expansive Far Cry to date.

- Feel the thrill of combat with an arsenal of hundreds of weapons alongside helpful amigos like Chorizo the dog and Guapo the gator.

- Enjoy all-new content and features added since launch, including four new special operations, free blockbuster crossover missions, and fan-requested updates such as New Game Plus, Completionist Aid, an extra-hard difficulty mode, and four new loadout slots.

There has never been a better time to join millions of players in Yara!

TT Isle Of Man: Ride on the Edge 3

The Isle of Man Tourist Trophy is the most epic, most dangerous and most spectacular race in the world. It is a course of over 60 kms on the roads of the Isle of Man, includes 264 bends, and requires high-powered bikes specially prepared for the race. The riders who compete in it train their whole lives for the chance to win the ultimate accolade: being crowned champion of the Isle of Man TT.

The game includes all the official content of the latest TT (riders, bikes, teams, course) for a unique and true-to-life experience. You are plunged into the middle of the TT as if you were there. And you will feel all the passion and tension this race generates.

Whether you compete in the Supersport or Superbike class, you can ride on 32 different circuits and over 200 kms of roads. Simply choose one of the 38 official riders available: 21 in Superbike and 17 in Supersport.

The game features easy-to-learn and intuitive riding with ultra-realistic and cutting-edge physics for the ultimate immersion and simulation quality. Many professional riders even use the game to train and learn the circuit.

Humanity

WORK LIKE A DOG
HUMANITY is a third-person puzzle-action game where you become a dog to command massive, marching crowds of people to jump, turn, push, float, shoot, and climb their way to salvation across 90 story-mode stages.

READY, AND…ACTION!
Devious puzzles and strategic thinking is broken up with more action-focused elements and platformer-like levels, even some epic boss battles!

UGC = USER GENERATED CONTENT, UNLIMITED GRATIFYING CHALLENGES
Browse an ever-growing library of stages created by other players. Play, rate, and discover new types of puzzles in this limitless vault.

The Outlast Trials

Red Barrels invites you to experience mind-numbing terror, this time with friends. Whether you go through the trials alone or in teams, if you survive long enough and complete the therapy, Murkoff will happily let you leave… but will you be the same?

Set in the era of the Cold War, human guinea pigs are involuntarily recruited by the good folks at the Murkoff Corporation to test advanced methods of brainwashing and mind control. In a world of distrust, fear, and violence, your morals will be challenged, your endurance tested, and your sanity crushed. All in the name of progress, science, and profit.

I Am Future: Cozy Apocalypse Survival

You wake up on an overgrown skyscraper roof - not a living soul in sight. Cosmopolis, once a mighty array of metal and glass, lies shattered in ruins and flooded. The decades-long struggle between UNICORP and the rival corporations pursuing transhumanism ideas seems to have been over for good when society collapsed. Now it is up to you to try and solve the mystery of the last days of civilization... and your sudden awaking. Or you can just build your own future and enjoy the view of what remains of humankind.

Starting from scratch on an empty roof, explore your surroundings, find the necessary resources, tools and gadgets.

Old microwaves, rusty cars and antique computers - all will be handy! Carefully disassemble the devices to get the necessary details and put them to use for creating futuristic gadgets according to the blueprints you’ll get you hands on. By the way, have we mentioned that you will get to have a cyborg hand? Upgrade it too!

LEGO® 2K Drive

Welcome to Bricklandia, home of a massive open-world LEGO® driving adventure. Race anywhere, play with anyone, build your dream rides, and defeat a cast of wild racing rivals for the coveted Sky Trophy!
In LEGO 2K Drive, your awesome transforming vehicle gives you the freedom to speed seamlessly across riveting racetracks, off-road terrain, and open waters. Explore the vast world of Bricklandia, show off your driving skills, and build vehicles brick-by-brick!

Building vehicles in the Garage is as easy as snapping bricks together. Construct new cars and boats from scratch, modify any vehicle in your collection, or unwind with guided builds, then take your creation for a drive!

Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun

Load up your Boltgun and plunge into battle headfirst! Experience a perfect blend of Warhammer 40,000, classic, frenetic FPS gameplay and the stylish visuals of your favourite 90’s retro shooters.

Play a battle-hardened Space Marine on a perilous mission across the galaxy, as they battle against the Chaos Space Marines and daemons of Chaos.

In glorious boomer shooter style, unleash your devastating Space Marine arsenal as you blast through an explosion of sprites, pixels and blood. Run, jump and charge across huge levels to shoot, shred and slice the worst heretics across the galaxy!

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!

Miasma Chronicles

In the not-too-distant future. America has been torn apart by a savage force known only as the ‘Miasma’.

Meet Elvis, a young man brought to the mining town of Sedentary as a baby. Left by his mother in the care of a robotic older ‘brother’ and given a mysterious glove with which he can control the Miasma.

Join the brothers on a quest across a post-apocalyptic wasteland to find the answers they crave. Answers which may change the course of human history forever.

After Us

Play as Gaia, the Spirit of Life, and navigate stunning platforming environments in an abstract world to salvage the souls of extinct animals. Revive these creatures after learning their final fate: the last whale harpooned, the final eagle caged, the last deer hunted down, and more, while you survive encounters with dangerous, oil-covered Devourers that roam the wasteland in search of remaining life.

In this emotional journey from the creators of the critically acclaimed Arise: A Simple Story, you alone can restore life to the planet.

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ is an official adaptation based on the literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien.

He's got nothing more to lose… How far will he go to retrieve his Precious?

Taking place in parallel to the events described in The Fellowship of the Ring ™, The Lord of the Rings: Gollum is an action-adventure game and an epic interactive experience. You play as the enigmatic Gollum on his perilous journey and find out how he outwitted the most powerful characters in Middle-earth.

He has survived dangers most wouldn't dare talk about, driven by the singular desire to once again hold in his hands what was stolen from him. Although his desperate quest is a central part of the story crafted by J.R.R. Tolkien, it has never been told in detail. For the first time, follow the untold story of Gollum: an experience that stays incredibly faithful to the books. From his flight from Mordor, where he escaped the Mouth of Sauron and the demon-spider Shelob, to the dungeons of the Elvenking Thranduil, Legolas' father, Gollum has had many adventures and encounters on his extraordinary journey.

Etrian Odyssey HD

Etrian Odyssey HD remasters the timeless adventure of the labyrinth that swallows all.

In a vast and fertile land lies a small town known as Etria, a peaceful village that became famous for a startling discovery. A crack in the vast forest opened at Etria's edge, leading downward like a gaping maw. It all began there...

Those who hear rumors of the labyrinth of Etria begin to harbor dreams of exploring it. Riches, fame, prestige... and a promise: the true spirit of adventure on the perilous edge of death.

Build a party of explorers from nine different character classes - Create a woodland survivalist, shield-bearing protector, whip-wielding dark hunter, and more. Scour through the dungeon's many layers and fend off the unknown to discover the truth behind the Yggdrasil Labyrinth.

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar) or use our wonderful bot Mona (thanks Valdien)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Woo new thread.

Yikes at the PS5 Jedi resolution and performance.
It's almost like the game shipped unfinished everywhere. :thinking-face:

I'll eventually play it, I liked Fallen Order well enough. Definitely deep discount though.
Kind of too bad that the writing on the main guy was kind of boring, almost everyone else in the first game was more interesting than him. Make a game with the space witch instead, I'll play that.

Reason: you may have seen the content of this post in the old thread. it's a trick of the eye, magic, even

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
Thanks for the thread :cat-heart-blob:

As a big CSD fan, I wasn't really convinced by Cook Serve Forever's demo. Hoping that some post-release footage may change my mind but it just plays like a boring 4K rhythm game without the rhythm part.

Probably gonna pick up KILLBUG this week, also interested in Humanity (missed the demo though) and Firmament.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Let's bring positive energy back to PC gaming this month!

Instead of posting about a bad game that you won't ever play, let's post something you like in a good game you actually played! :flare_yukata:

Someone broke their review embargo way early for Redfall Lol

TL: DW

They give it a 6/10

Last edited:

KingKrouch

Dec 14, 2021
As a follow up to this (Unsure if I can quote a post from another segment of the forums), I did get accepted into the private beta test for Mary Skelter Finale. Should be starting tomorrow afternoon. While I'm doubtful much can be done at this point of time, I'm remaining somewhat hopeful (As IFI is conducting the test this time around, and I've had some luck with some decisions being reversed with one of the tests in particular), and I'll hopefully make sure the feedback doesn't fall on deaf ears. At least the feedback and reports won't need to be translated to Japanese this time around, so hopefully explanation towards more specific technical explanations won't be lost in translation.

Sadly enough, from what I've spoken to with some people (especially on the Steam forums or other online communities), they really don't care, despite the seemingly positive reception I've had many people put towards my port report of the second game, which is a shame (Apparently some people actually look forward to my game reviews and ask if I have a personal blog for similar topics). I would consider putting together an outlet of sorts for putting together reviews and that kind of stuff, but that comes with the territory of stuff like server hosting, HTML/CSS, and a lot of other things that I don't really have much experience in.

I probably won't be able to speak about some things until release though.

Reason: Some extra details regarding how my feelings are initially.

KingKrouch

Dec 14, 2021

Instead of posting about a bad game that you won't ever play, let's post something you like in a good game you actually played! :flare_yukata:
I recently played through the Titanfall 2 campaign, and it was excelent. Almost never a dull moment and each chapter introduces new mechanics to play around with.

Effect and Cause is one of the standing moments in the game alongside The Beacon and The Ark.

Also been playing some Northstar multiplayer, and Gun Game in Titanfall 2 is really enjoyable, especially with bonkers speed and momentum adjustments that make it feel more like Quake in terms of movement.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
I feel targeted by Anomaly Agent's MC design

Why yes I have ought wondered what a perfect game would be if the character was wearing disco polyester during the entire game, just hack n slashing and shooting up operators yes

yes I have

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018

I'm in, baby!
I am actually really enjoying playing Final Fantasy XV...I have to restart it since I just bought it on PC after getting it for like 3 bucks for PS4 and putting in around 6 hours...My partner has pretty much held the PS5 for ransom so i haven't been able to play (honestly just don't want to keep switching discs hahaha). and I just bought and am looking forward to playing Weird West!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I’m playing far too many long games and dreading the possible drops in the list.
Why yes, I‘m already playing P5R, Paranormasight, Shadows of Valentia, Stranger of Paradise, I tote can add Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Honkai StarRail and Genshin Impact.

It’s Xenoblade that scares me, I already put a decent time into it but I was in a low interest ‘valley’ in the plot curve.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Cheers for the new thread Mor .

For me, definitely boltgun. Maybe an Etrian Odyssey. But grabbed four or five games last month and still need to get around to them.

I promise I will be more positive this month…

• Comfy
  • Hug
Reactions: Li Kao and Mor

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I continue to be baffled why Redfall exists. Why use Arcane for such a soulless take on a genre that's already overcrowded? God, I hope Arcane can somehow free itself from Zenimax and get Microsoft to fund it to do more immersive sims. Especially with the gamepass model, it's no longer so critical about how much something sells, but what it offers to the overall library on there, and I doubt something like Redfall will make much of a splash there, compared to a Dishonored or Prey sequel.

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
:Kain_blountsleeping: month for me.

PS - oh, by the way, finished BOTW in Cemu emulator and i got kinda tired by the end of it, so if you wanna really excellent Zelda game without bloat - just play Okami HD :blobweary: I wonder how this 70$ DLC to BOTW will bereceived by the players (aside from gamejournoes and nintendo fans of course :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:)
PPS - talking about Arkane, i need to finish Arx Fatalis someday (i tried 2 times but got stuck due to game bugs lol)

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
This month i will try to finish some of the games i started. I started L.A. Noire, TLoU, Jedi Survivor, Observation, Thronebreaker... I think that i can at least finish L.A. Noire (i am like half way through the game) and TLoU (if nest patch or two is significant). I will wait for Jedi Survivor to get in better shape.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Started up Ni No Kuni 2 and cheated my way to chapter 3. Letdown in every aspect from the previous game. So far I have found the firsat game to have a much better story, more interesting characters, better world and really dissapointed that they went away with the turn based combat system that I found a lot of fun and went with a standard action rpg system which is also really basic and boring.

I played and finished Wrath of the White Witch on my PS3 years ago and liked it enough that I rebought the Remastered on Steam. One of my favorite JRPGs of all time.

I'll see what I do with the game and how far cheating can carry the game for me.

Reactions: lashman

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

I'm playing Honkai Star Rail and so far I'm finding the combat interesting. Thinking about which character I will bring to a fight, and what abilities may or may not synergize between them is hitting all the rights spots on my [strike]monkey[/strike]

Will i keep playing it? I don't know but I usually stop playing gachas after some time.

• Comfy
Reactions: Li Kao and Kvik

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019

Also i got 3 day ban for making fun of Epic Store Reviews in Jedi PC Performance thread on Era XD
Lol I got a 3 day ban for justifying piracy awhile ago saying if Nintendo is unhappy piracy exists on PC they should sell their games on PC so people have a legal way to play them on the platform. Era is full of shitty moderation and it always has been.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Can anyone link me the steam page where it lists the games you own and the DLCs you haven't bought for them?

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
cheers Mor great thread. Woo its May, lots of bank holidays here in the UK.

We are planning a extension to the house and so I've started to recreate our little bungalow using the Half Life Alyx VR tools in Hammer. Does that count as playing games? Its a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.