Community MetaSteam | May 2023 - Bloody hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrShrapnel

Shuwatch!
Oct 14, 2021
Ah yes, gaming journalists. The ones who warned everyone about Redfall, and don’t assign high marks to games that release in a broken state. Oh wait…

Sorry, but I find journalists to be a relic of the past. A middleman that just parrots the publishers message to consumers. She’s just upset that she’s been cut from the equation. Publishers can give us a sugar coated look without them.

Reactions: PC-tan and Kyougar

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
In case anyone else uses firefox on desktop (Although I'd assume they'll do the same for mobile) and just also updated (Like me) and got the dumb as shit VPN popup in browser that can't be blocked I looked up how to turn it off it has a toggle in the "OH MY GOD DONT FIDDLE WITH THESE" hidden settings

You type out or copy and paste " about:config " in firefoxes web address bar then click through the warnings/buttons and scroll down to browser.vpn_promo.enabled TRUE there should be a button to toggle it to FALSE

And there you go
Alternatively you can go to the Firefox subreddit and see a bunch of angry nerds losing their shit

Reactions: kafiend and lashman

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Many consider Fallout New Vegas one of best games.
It's not some deep commentary, more of joke anyways.
I honestly had no idea what epic's free game was, I couldn't care less, but you're right, New Vegas is one of the greats, best 3D Fallout by far but that's not really a high bar to cross. It's sad the state that franchise is in, condemned to mediocrity and a slow fade away from public consciousness... at least we got 3 good games from it.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
Talking about Gollum works fine on Deck natively.
Just another curiosity that I noticed. The game is +40GB on PC (Deck) while it's just -20GB on PS5
The game is only dubbed in english and german. I find this pretty weird, Narrative games usually have a lot dubs these days. I have very internalized the voices of this franchise in spanish and I suppose that this happens to other people in their respective languages. I doubt will happen but I would like they add other dubs in the future (it won't happen because the game will bomb so hard but well dream is free).

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Two free games from Steam, beating Epic this week (in quantity, not quality) :toucan:

Played Hue years ago, and I definitely recommend it for fans of puzzle-platformers. Doesn't reinvent the genre or anything, but it's extremely polished with a very well-implemented pace and difficulty curve.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
sorry for the Gollum bad spam, its just fascinating how this turned out. i really wonder if they can salvage this at in any way or if we'll see a couple of patches and then deep discounts before long...

anyway, i just watched this review, it really is something.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I’ve been procrastinating checking my PC, the last time I turned it on it made some rather worrying grinding noises lol

• Blobxorcism
Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
The gollum game looks so bad it makes me wanna play it more.

Altho youre probably better off playing the gollum game in finnish saunas

• Toucan
Reactions: LEANIJA

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
I’ve been procrastinating checking my PC, the last time I turned it on it made some rather worrying grinding noises lol
Sometimes case fans can rattle a bit, or more than a bit, depending on temperature etc. It's usually benign. They often get back in the groove after a while; a gentle tap can help. There is no danger at all beyond the noise itself.

I've had a few PCs that were very noisy for a few minutes after starting up, especially in winter.

(Of course if the noise comes from a CPU or GPU fan, it's more serious. If it comes from an HDD, then it's really worrying. Edit: or from anything related to water cooling, of course).

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Sometimes case fans can rattle a bit, or more than a bit, depending on temperature etc. It's usually benign. They often get back in the groove after a while; a gentle tap can help. There is no danger at all beyond the noise itself.

I've had a few PCs that were very noisy for a few minutes after starting up, especially in winter.

(Of course if the noise comes from a CPU or GPU fan, it's more serious. If it comes from an HDD, then it's really worrying. Edit: or from anything related to water cooling, of course).
I think what happened is that the AC temperature was set too low and since it was directly under it I might had some tech shivers :p

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Marvelous showcase, mostly games that seem to be in very early stages, with some not having names yet:

• Trailer for Loop8, releasing june 6
  • Mentioned Story of Seasons A Wonderful Life (june) and Rune Factory 3 Special (September)
  • Fashion Dreamer
  • Project Magia with characters designed by the creator of Fairy Tail/Edens Zero
  • Concept art for Project Life is RPG
  • Teaser for new Story of Seasons game, apparently will have multiplayer
  • Rune Factory Project Dragon trailer
  • Rune Factory 6 logo
  • Daemon X Machina Titanic Scion teaser

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

Apparently Gollum ships with Calibri as the font for the game and uh... people noticed
(this may or may not be an actual screenshot from the game)

• Toucan
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
There is way too much Warhammer news. It never stops.

How do the diehards even have the willpower to buy, play and care about all of this stuff?

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
There is way too much Warhammer news. It never stops.

How do the diehards even have the willpower to buy, play and care about all of this stuff?
Forever ago I bought the THQ complete pack/bundle on steam (When they had developer bundles) for like 50$ and got like every warhammer game in existence at the time and that pretty much solved it

But i mean now uh... Yeah I mean I don't/cant keep up

• Toucan

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
And the main problem with Warhammer games are not only the amount of warhammer games are. Is the amount of DLC those games have, and they’re not cheap precisely. If you are a completist you can go bankrupt quite soon XD.
F.e. That game is now free to keep was usually 30€, well nice,but if you want that game DLC is like 70€

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.