Community MetaSteam | May 2024 - Wake up samurai, we gonna get this Persian kitty home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Skydance's Behemoth looked like not what I expected, kinda like Dark Messiah of Might & Magic in VR perhaps. Hopefully has more unique/exciting stuff than the odd giant boss since the common soldier fighting seemed very run of the mill like any random VR arena fighting game taking after Blade & Sorcery, I want a nice campaign, level design, progression & boss fights for VR. Survios' Alien VR thing looked okay but too small glimpse to really tell and last time I had much hope they made the worst TWD VR game that Skydance easily one upped with their own great one instead.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
So the dinos are basically palamutes (yay!) & wirebugs are in (yay!) but more like nudging the hunter in direction/speed rather than flying off. Monster Hunter Rise 2 ftw! I can't wait to see more, it's a Tri-style bump up in base tech/fidelity/skeletons yet the same good old gameplay. I just hate the World style story bits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arc

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

As a GS main I'm liking that new ability where you drag the sword across the monster's body.

Concord vs Marvel Rivals Vs Deadlock, which of these 3 will survive into 2025/26?
Marvel > Deadlock > Concord

Marvel will have the IP, console version and looks to be the most casual friendly.

I think Deadlock is simply a hard sale. It looks too much like a MOBA for the shooter audience and too much like a shooter for the MOBA audience. I also don't trust Valve to support it long term.

Concord is dead on arrival simply for the fact it's B2P.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Concord vs Marvel Rivals Vs Deadlock, which of these 3 will survive into 2025/26?
IMO, Concord is DOA because looks like its a paid game, Marvel Rivals is fun, free and is on PS/XB/PC so will do good, Deadlock looks like fun, but its too early to say anything.

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
It's all a part of the master plan to get PC gamers to buy a PS5 for sequels so they can avoid PSN account requirements. Assuming you can avoid making an account by just having the physical copy of a game.

Pretty excited for MonHun and Dynasty Warriors looking pretty good so far.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Funny how the game prices being $70 and 80€ are being handwaved away by INFLATION the last 4 years!.

But when this report comes out, inflation is completely ignored.
Yeah, no shit they milked their customers more, they raised the fucking prices.

Also, look at content full game spending. -12% with inflation, without it would probably be over -20%
Like I said a few hours ago, there are fewer and fewer people buying the specific brand of SP games on Sony's consoles. And that somehow PC players will pick up the slack (on PS consoles) is just laughable.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I wonder what MHWilds sales will be like.

Last time the PS4 version sold more than the PC version and the Xbox version respectively. How ever the PS5 is not that popular in Japan. Could we potentially have a situation were even in Japan the PC version ends up outselling the PS5 version? That would be pretty huge if that did end up happening. I don't believe that they mentioned if the game has cross play.

All that's let now is just for the Steam Deck 2, to be released around the same time as this game and boom.

Especially considering how much later Monster Hunter World released after the PS4 and Xbox One versions and how that limited the sales on PC since some people didn't want to wait and wanted to play right away.
---------

Puppeteer will end up being the next game that I play

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
-------------------

RIP Studio Japan.

After having finished ICO playing Bloodborne, Gravity Rush and now The Puppeteer, eve. Though all of games that they were involved with may not have sold gang busters I still think they were pretty cool.

I'm currently playing the Puppeteer and It reminds me of Little Big Planet even those games came released years after LBP. I think it's a fun game and I find myself engaging with it. It also has a feature that you could use the PS Move controller along with the PS EYE, as an alternative controller scheme.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Capcom will have Steam Deck on trail at 6 of their stores for people to try out Street Fighter 6. Which is pretty cool. I'd imagine that if it was able to run Dragons Dogma 2 and other Capcom games at a locked 30fps at 800p then they would possibly be using those units for that as well, but for right now it seems that SF6 is their main focus.

As previously mentioned it does look like you already have people trying to choose if they want Monster Hunter Wilds on either PC or on PS5.

Dec 5, 2018
Marvel > Deadlock > Concord

Marvel will have the IP, console version and looks to be the most casual friendly.
While being F2P will probably be a boost, it's not like the marvel IP is a guarantee for the success of a game althought like most F2P games it's success will live or die in the post-launch support.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
With Concord and Ragnarok that is gonna be 5 Sony games on PC through the first 9 months of the year.

And there is still time for another game to get ported in Nov/Dec. I'm guessing TLOU2 will be early next year with the show but they could do a Demon Souls or something like that for late in the year.

Edit: I forgot about Until dawn lol That is at least 6 Sony games on Steam this year.

Big year for Sony despite not having much big 1st party exclusives. They are still gonna do good thanks to Helldivers and PC stuff.

Astro Bot does look good but I wonder how well it sells. PS fans gonna jump on a full priced 3D platformer? Because the other Astro Bot stuff wasn't really sold that way. And it is pretty stupid to not launch Astro Bot on PC day n date. Its a genre that doesn't do well so why limit your sales?

But if Astro succeeds it will be a big moment for the PS crowd. Sony will definitely greenlight more games like that and not just focus on AAAA/GaaS.

Also surprised nothing from Resident Evil in the State of Play.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
It's been a while but in the year of our Lord 2024, sailing the seven seas will be the only option for PSN region locked users and Linux/Steam Deck users to play GoW. Thanks for the laughs Sony, that is surely going to interest me into buying a PS5.
Well video streaming services are fighting with gaming who will do more for piracy return after decade of other companies working on reducing it XD

• This!

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Console sales are declining and they want their PSN monthly users to still grow so they can show their shareholders.
Sony marketing: "We can't sell you game on Steam because Valve requires that we do things by th book, but you can buy PlayStation 5 and buy games there because we actually don't care if you are breaking our ToS because in the end you will lose your games if we change our mind and we will keep your money because you are the one that broke the law"

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
Well video streaming services are fighting with gaming who will do more for piracy return after decade of other companies working on reducing it XD
Ooh man. I wanted to see the new Mad Max movie at the cinema. It costs 20 euro just for the entrance ticket alone. That is insane!

I am actually surprised the music industry is not fucking up. Seems to be the only entertainment industry making sense at the moment. (Well, except for Spotify...)

• Sad

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Ooh man. I wanted to see the new Mad Max movie at the cinema. It costs 20 euro just for the entrance ticket alone. That is insane!

I am actually surprised the music industry is not fucking up. Seems to be the only entertainment industry making sense at the moment. (Well, except for Spotify...)
Well music industry has other issues where streaming services earn sh*t ton of money and then pay artists pennies.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
A thought occurs following the latest Sony PSN sign in requirements; are we making enough strides on PC DRM (and ultimately "ownership")?

The idea of games preservation is in a far better state on PC than on digital storefronts for console, but for every GOG, Itchio and Steam (it's not strictly DRM free by default but it's earned a hell of a lot of good will) there are too many games now requiring, if not dedicated launchers, then account requirements (e.g. EGS, Ubi, R*, Sony) or Denuvo which is not easy to crack.

I'm not expecting any of these services to shut down any time soon but the theory is always there; I don't trust things like Ubi's launcher for example (whatever it's called these days) to stay around as long as Steam.
Even GOG could go offline and anything not backed up will be gone.
And we've seen Denuvo servers break a couple of times now leaving games unplayable for the duration.

Yes I spend too much time worrying about this but certain journos on twitter just wind me up who should frankly know better than the usual "what's the big deal?" crap

Last edited:

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So with Until Dawn and GoW Ragnarok requiring PSN login this means the overlay will be there. Does this mean they won’t be playable on the Dec?

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
So with Until Dawn and GoW Ragnarok requiring PSN login this means the overlay will be there. Does this mean they won’t be playable on the Dec?
Apparently it does, yes.

20 is wild, i paid 13 which was already expensive enough.
There were a total of 5 people (including me) watching tho.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Astro Bot looks great.

I wonder what MHWilds sales will be like.

Last time the PS4 version sold more than the PC version and the Xbox version respectively. How ever the PS5 is not that popular in Japan. Could we potentially have a situation were even in Japan the PC version ends up outselling the PS5 version? That would be pretty huge if that did end up happening. I don't believe that they mentioned if the game has cross play.

All that's let now is just for the Steam Deck 2, to be released around the same time as this game and boom.

Especially considering how much later Monster Hunter World released after the PS4 and Xbox One versions and how that limited the sales on PC since some people didn't want to wait and wanted to play right away.
---------

Puppeteer will end up being the next game that I play
If there's a Switch 2 version it'll be Capcom's best selling game ever.

I think the Steam version will do >1 million CCU.

While being F2P will probably be a boost, it's not like the marvel IP is a guarantee for the success of a game althought like most F2P games it's success will live or die in the post-launch support.
That's true. That's also one reason I'm iffy on Deadlock's chance for success. CS and Dota have long established fanbases that are used to not getting constant updates but I can't see Valve delivering updates consistently and timely for Deadlock.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021

phew
Koei doesn't have the best track record when talking about language support but luckily I can get this game without reservations or mental gymnastics

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Seems people are kinda down on Concord. I thought people would like it after that reveal.

I mean it does look super generic but its still surprising people have this reaction after Helldivers 2 just came out. Maybe Sony's GaaS efforts will actually be more fun than the other stuff across the industry now. They could string together a couple of winners and it wouldn't surprise me if this blows up too. Its getting more and more impossible to predict this shit.

Also funny seems there is no price for the game but it basically can't be full priced. I think it will be dead for sure 5v5 pvp only game isn't gonna be alive long enough. They should probably go the direction of Helldivers 2 and make it 40$ at most. But F2P is probably the best avenue to success.

But going through this SoP it was kinda weak. I think they needed more but that would be a showcase. And the next time they do one will probably be for the PS5Pro after the summer some time.

But with no Resident Evil or MGS3 remake. I wonder if we see these titles at the Keighley show now.

The Dragon Quest leaks seem like a Nintendo Direct type of reveal. Maybe even Xbox if they are going to Gamepass day one.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Not all that shocked that Sony is pushing a PSN launcher on Steam. It's their prerogative after all and at the end of the day it's nice to see their IP on PC.

At the same time it certainly has an influence on my spending habits. There's been some wild-ass Ubisoft sales on Steam in recent memory where titles of interest like Watch Dogs 2, Division 2, etc. were going for like $5. I was super tempted but ultimately passed because I felt like I just didn't need another launcher w/ personal credentials in my life.

I imagine it will play out much the same for me with Sony on Steam.

I'm not even mad as I get why they're doing it (MAU headcounts, ecosystem engagement, etc.). It just pushes me away and that's just fine. Like I said I'm happy that people get to enjoy their brand of AAAA gaming on PC.

Perhaps something like Hot Shots Golf could make me blink, but otherwise I'll just be content knowing that the option is ultimately there if I ever feel the need to participate.

And fuck Bloober, and Konami too

All I kept thinking watching the the Silent Hill 2 Remake footage was, "Man I'd kill for a straight SH1/SH2 port on modern platforms." Or maybe something like a Nightdive Enhanced Edition.

That new deal just looks so soulless.

Last edited:

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
So anyway I've had this new monitor for a couple days now and I've been playing Cyberpunk 2077 every day.

First I severely underestimated just how much of an impact screen quality can have on visual IQ. This is the first time I've ever owned a "premium/high-end" monitor and wow. Just the differences in contrast alone. Which is probably the magic of Mini-LED and FALD. But also HDR and color reproduction. Just wowowowow.

Second ppi of 4K at 32". Holy shit it's crisp.
Which leads me to WOW 4k. What a leap, even from 1440p. I believe this jump is severely underrated. Probably because most people playing at 4k are doing so on TV's and TV sitting distance? But I'm telling you 4k at PC monitor distance, you know just 2-3 feet away? It's insane, I don't see myself ever sliding backwards on this.
=======

Sony show...
What a boring Gen this has been for first parties.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Concord feels like someone took this tweet and made another game out of it

It looks so fucking souless, like it was lab grown in an investors call to chase trends from 8 years ago. A paid Overwatch clone with Guardians of the Galaxy aesthetics and Joss Whedon writing shiver me timbers count me IN I've never seen something like that!

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
So anyway I've had this new monitor for a couple days now and I've been playing Cyberpunk 2077 every day.

First I severely underestimated just how much of an impact screen quality can have on visual IQ. This is the first time I've ever owned a "premium/high-end" monitor and wow. Just the differences in contrast alone. Which is probably the magic of Mini-LED and FALD. But also HDR and color reproduction. Just wowowowow.

Second ppi of 4K at 32". Holy shit it's crisp.
Which leads me to WOW 4k. What a leap, even from 1440p. I believe this jump is severely underrated. Probably because most people playing at 4k are doing so on TV's and TV sitting distance? But I'm telling you 4k at PC monitor distance, you know just 2-3 feet away? It's insane, I don't see myself ever sliding backwards on this.
I got a QD-OLED monitor, with 4K at 32 inch this year, and yeah, the crispness and image quality is absolutely insane. Playing Horizon 2 on this thing is just so darn nice.

Congrats on your new monitor!

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
It looks so fucking souless, like it was lab grown in an investors call to chase trends from 8 years ago. A paid Overwatch clone with Guardians of the Galaxy aesthetics and Joss Whedon writing shiver me timbers count me IN I've never seen something like that!
You know, it reminds me of something (except the Overwatch clone part)

Reactions: Stone Ocean

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Concord feels like someone took this tweet and made another game out of it

When the trailer started I thought it was going to be another Guardians of the Galaxy game.

Reactions: QFNS

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Also that State of Play was such a disappointment. Honestly i don't remember when was the last time Sony had good State of Play/Showcase.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
You know, it reminds me of something (except the Overwatch clone part)
Hyenas at least had the decency to try and chase a "new" "fad" (heavy quotes because lmao at executives thinking extraction shooters will ever be as mainstream as they want)

Status
Not open for further replies.