Community MetaSteam | May 2024 - Wake up samurai, we gonna get this Persian kitty home

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Wow this actually works. But is it really safe to do though? I saw it put Devotion in the cart but I didn't dare to proceed.
It doesn't actually work. You need to trick around with removing the game you want, then entering the payment method screen, open a new tab and use a different script. Even that seems to get locked down for most titles. Ask people in the Discord, if you are curious

Soma

Dec 21, 2018
It doesn't actually work. You need to trick around with removing the game you want, then entering the payment method screen, open a new tab and use a different script. Even that seems to get locked down for most titles. Ask people in the Discord, if you are curious
Oh damn, ok, might not be worth the hassle then. Thanks though!

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
What handheld do you have? A friend of mine got an Anbernic Rg35xx H. He says it works pretty well, except for N64 emulation
I have the Anbernic RG35XX Plus and it does work really well for everything Ive tried! I haven't tried N64 but since it doesn't have analogue controllers it's not really meant for it. The device is really nice, really small so I always have it with me and such a treat to just take it out on the train.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Devotion for whatever reason, seems to actually work without more complex steps.

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
Almost bought one of those cheap chinese android handhelds today. It was so cheap, but I think I want one that runs steam natively, so I think I'd rather have that and then just emulate games on it as well.

I don't know how everything you have is but I been doing remote play form PC to phone for over a decade now and its great.
You know, I've never really tried to use it. I do have a high end phone with a beautiful screen, but I guess I'd have to get a clip for a controller or something to play on it.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I think I am going to stop reading other sites and social media for gaming related content.

its not that I am looking for an echo chamber, otherwise I would have started using the ignore list here. its just that discussion has hit a point of there being no nuance any more. If you don’t support an idea or opinion then you are the enemy. It just gets so frustrating.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I think I am going to stop reading other sites and social media for gaming related content.

its not that I am looking for an echo chamber, otherwise I would have started using the ignore list here. its just that discussion has hit a point of there being no nuance any more. If you don’t support an idea or opinion then you are the enemy. It just gets so frustrating.
An echo chamber is formed not when a lot of people in a place share a common opinion or interest but when any dissenting opinions are forcibly silenced. As long as people can come here and speak their mind freely there is no danger of MC becoming an echo chamber.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
An echo chamber is formed not when a lot of people in a place share a common opinion or interest but when any dissenting opinions are forcibly silenced. As long as people can come here and speak their mind freely there is no danger of MC becoming an echo chamber.
Didn't you guys chase someone away just last week or so?

EDIT: you as in the royal you, not you in particular...

• Disapproval
Reactions: Lashley and Li Kao

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018

Who? I have no knowledge of anything like that happening. And how could anyone chase away a poster? Unless they get banned (which is extremely rare) they can come back at any time and post their opinions.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Jesus Christ wtf
Damn.

Now I feel bad for never buying Evil Within 2.

I enjoyed the first too.

And I have Ghostwire in my backlog.

Still sad to see. It seemed like one of the more promising studios for Xbox. And people loved Hi-Fi Rush right? Wtf is Phil doing?

Reactions: thekeats1999

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
ALSO: guess that Redfall season pass isn't coming out after all
Nope, the last update Redfall got is the last update it'll ever get and Microsoft will "do good" for people who bought the dlc whatever the fuck that means.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Today I’m sharing changes we are making to our Bethesda and ZeniMax teams. These changes are grounded in prioritizing high-impact titles and further investing in Bethesda’s portfolio of blockbuster games and beloved worlds which you have nurtured over many decades.
To double down on these franchises and invest to build new ones requires us to look across the business to identify the opportunities that are best positioned for success. This reprioritization of titles and resources means a few teams will be realigned to others and that some of our colleagues will be leaving us.
Guess you can't risk ESVI and FO5 to come out in 2034. Time for the Bethesda mines for all the devs still there!

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Microsoft is a mess, I have no idea what they are doing over there. It might be time to give Phil Spencer the boot.
They are cooked if they don't fix their hardware sales soon. Its like 30% in decline year over year.

Seems like no one gives a shit about Xbox anymore. Its probably best they rebrand for next gen assuming they even bother releasing hardware.

My guess is they will just be a giant publisher competing with EA, Ubi, Take-Two etc. And abandon everything else including shutting teams down who can't make a lot of money.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
MS has never been a serious game publisher, or a good one, and that's why I was so strongly against their acquisition spree over the last 5 years. They have never proven that they can manage what they have even at their lowest point when they only had 3 studios so why let them have 30 studios? Time after time and year after year they prove that they don't know how to be a publisher. And they're always 1 corporate shift away from things going completely off the rails which as we can see now post starfield- it has gone off the rails. It's clear to me that phil is just a figurehead at this point and the MS money people are running the show.

They were spouting gamergate/alt right lines. Like I agreed the censorship in stellar blade was dumb too but I didn't get clipped because I wasn't saying alt right things. Context is key there lol

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Jesus Christ wtf
I mean as much as i love Arkane Prey didn't sell well, team that made Prey and Dishonored for the most part left, Redfall was disaster. They kept Lyon studio that had bit more success and it is probably cheaper to maintain.

Tango is strange one, especially if we look at success that Capcom is having with RE. MS could have used them to push more horror games and get more influence in Asia/Japan.

Reactions: thekeats1999

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Jfc... I mean, I kinda get Arkane Austin. Redfall was a fucking mess, and (as much as I loved it) I don't think Prey 2017 did so well.

But Tango just had a hit with Hi-Fi Rush... Although I guess it may not have been a hit on the scale necessary to please a complany like MS...

I also can't help but wonder if this is because the talent started leaving to join Mikami's new studio or something like that.

Kind of a bummer we'll likely never get The Evil Within 3 or Ghostwire 2. :/

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im gonna be brutal and direct here: Anyone cheering for acquisitions can fuck off into the sun.

Anyone cheering for MS acquisitions just because of "free games on game pass" can also fuck off.

Game pass is the root of many bad things at Xbox.

So game pass can also fuck off.