Community MetaSteam | November 2018 - These Regional Prices are STILL crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

• Any and all credit for this thread goes to the amazing MRORANGE! (who isn't with us just yet, so he couldn't create the thread himself)

HITMAN 2 - Derrick01

Sequel to one of the best games of 2016 and one of the best stealth games of all time. Agent 47 returns in 6 new levels that are available all at once this time instead of episodic. As a bonus if you have season 1 the levels are brought over into 2 and you're able to use 2's improvements and gadgets in them like guards being able to see you in mirrors.​

Artifact - Hektor

Just like your waifu, this game isn't real, as valve long ago ceased the act of creating videogames.​
And even if valve would still make games, a multiplayer card game wouldn't count.​
No matter if it's based on Dota 2's unique, lane- and hero based gameplay structure or created by Richard Garfield, developer of classics such as Magic: The Gathering or Netrunner.​

But if Valve actually would make games again - not saying they do - I'd imagine it would be a rather polished and fun game poised to blow up on steam!​
Doubly so if it competes with other card games games such as MTG:A or Hearthstone not just on gameplay, but also on monetization structure, as the game might get rid of typical F2P shackles and be Pay-To-Play only.​
Original_hat_joke.jpg​

The Shapeshifting Detective - NeuralProxy

The Shapeshifting Detective - An interesting FMV adventure from the makers of "The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker", this time you have to turn into a detective and solve a murder. To do that, you shall shapeshift into different characters in order to gain access to secret dialogues and find out what they're hiding. In "Cluedo-like" fashion, each time you start a new game, the system will randomly select the murderer so you'll probably be able to play the game more than once.

11-11 Memories Retold - NeuralProxy

11-11 Memories Retold - From the creators of Valiant Hearts and published by Bandai Namco, the game will bring us once again back to the front line of WW1, this time to witness its last days through the stories of two different characters, a Canadian photographer and a German technician, who'll both reach the western front on November 11, 1916. The game promises to touch many important themes such as patriotism, humanity and the concept of enemy itself.​

Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions - NeuralProxy

Glass Masquerade 2 - We are once again invited to the great world expo of glass artisans. This time, like last time, we'll have to put their works back together piece after piece in a game that can be both relaxing and very charming.​

Darksiders III - Spacejaws

Earth is now overrun by the Seven Deadly Sins and the mystical creatures and degenerated beings that serve them. The Charred Council calls upon Fury to battle from the heights of heaven down through the depths of hell in a quest to restore the balance and prove that she is the most powerful of the Horsemen.​
The hack n slash, ARPG, series gets it’s triumphant return, continuing it’s emphasis on OTT combat and exploration with a story that runs parallel to the previous titles.​

GRIP: Combat Racing - delalaser

GRIP is a high octane, hardcore combat racer, packing ferocious speed and armed to the teeth with heavy weapons." Spiritual successor to Rollcage by some of the original team. They're not kidding about it being hardcore. This game is fast and takes skills. It's been in EA for a minute and it looked and played good then. High hopes for Carkour mode.​

Farming Simulator 19 - Aaron D.

Farming Simulator 19 takes the biggest step forward yet with the franchise’s most extensive vehicle roster ever! You’ll take control of vehicles and machines faithfully recreated from all the leading brands in the industry, including for the first time John Deere, the largest agriculture machinery company in the world, Case IH, New Holland, Challenger, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Valtra, Krone, Deutz-Fahr and many more.​

Kingpin: Life of Crime - Spacejaws

Perpetually on sale, Kingpin is an interesting little late 90s Quake II engine FPS. You are beaten up by the Kingpin’s lieutenant leading you on a quest for revenge. There’s a bunch of interesting mechanics at play for it’s age, we have shots on different body parts doing variable damage, enemies leaving bloodtrails, conservable NPC’s, a cash system and enough gore and profanity to cause some controversy on release. The game takes place in a different kind of history, a mesh between 1930s and a downtrodden modern day dystopia where the Kingpin rules all.

List of people who have completed it (send me a PM if completed!):
  • NONE SO FAR

Hitman - Uzzy

Hitman: Complete the 'Terminal Velocity Assassination Challenge' in Paris.

Continuing with the 'jumping from really tall heights' theme, why don't you give Dalia Margolis a nudge and see where she lands?

List of people who have completed it (send me a PM if completed!):

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J- ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the [HIDETHANKS][/HIDETHANKS] tag ("Hide until liked" in the toolbar)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send MRORANGE a PM.

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Bought Orphan yesterday.

It's a bit more than just Limbo in Space/vs. Aliens. So far it's more avoid the enemies than puzzles and there are light survival elements. The only way to recover health is filling your canteen from a water supply and you have to get out your tent and create a save/respawn point at various intervals. No autosave I can see so far.

The graphics are great with beautiful backgrounds behind the silhouetted main action. Though the controls are not completely explained and there are some strange graphics settings going on. The menu actually has a built-in FPS counter but the game will only let you choose 4 frame rates 20,30, 60 and auto and for some reason, auto is about 32fps. The built-in counter says it can go 250+ but the game won't let you. V-sync on or off makes no difference.

Haven't had a chance to play too much but it looks like a very high-quality product and a very good game.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Bought Orphan yesterday.

It's a bit more than just Limbo in Space/vs. Aliens. So far it's more avoid the enemies than puzzles and there are light survival elements. The only way to recover health is filling your canteen from a water supply and you have to get out your tent and create a save/respawn point at various intervals. No autosave I can see so far.

The graphics are great with beautiful backgrounds behind the silhouetted main action. Though the controls are not completely explained and there are some strange graphics settings going on. The menu actually has a built-in FPS counter but the game will only let you choose 4 frame rates 20,30, 60 and auto and for some reason, auto is about 32fps. The built-in counter says it can go 250+ but the game won't let you. V-sync on or off makes no difference.

Haven't had a chance to play too much but it looks like a very high-quality product and a very good game.
sweet! :)

yeah, this one's on my radar as well .... gonna have to buy it whenever i have the cash, but i definitely want to play it since it looks really cool :)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I am playing through Hitman slowly and yeah I am not good at these games XD. I can't wrap my head around planning ahead.
same, i'm notoriously bad at stealth games :p but at least in Hitman you can savescum your way to success, lol

---

new store pages:

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 113
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
May I suggest the subtitle be changed to
'These Regional Pricings are STILL crazy!"
i can change it, yeah :) it's just that no one gave any suggestions in the previous thread when i asked :p lol

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Two month left this year. Time is flying too fast

I wonder how many games are released on Steam up until today. Has it surpassed last year's game releases?

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Two month left this year. Time is flying too fast

I wonder how many games are released on Steam up until today. Has it surpassed last year's game releases?
99.99% sure it has .... i can see by steamDB listings alone each day .... literally dozens every single day

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Given the amount of data they collect, I'm surprised SteamDB doesn't have a graph or chart that lists games added on per-month or per-year basis.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Is there any statistics to see on SteamDB?
i don't think so ... haven't really checked ... i'm just talking about how many games i see added each day to steamDB (i have it opened on my second monitor at all times)

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
SteamSpy to the rescue!

Last year 2017 - 6826 games
This year up until today - 7606 games.

It's insane that every month ~760 games are released on Steam, around 25 games each day

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
What's insane is that Lashman buys them all.
not anymore :( i'm literally broke :(

haven't even bought Obra Dinn yet ... and that's a game i'd actually play immediately

so ... yeah :(

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
AC Odyssey got a 2.6GB update today. Adds a free DLC mission set, and two new achievements related to that.

Valkyria 4 also got an update today. It adds free tank decals, but for those who pre-ordered you should already have these. The next DLC is "Expert Level Skirmishes" and it releases on the 4th @ $4.99.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
AC Odyssey got a 2.6GB update today. Adds a free DLC mission set, and two new achievements related to that.

Valkyria 4 also got an update today. It adds free tank decals, but for those who pre-ordered you should already have these. The next DLC is "Expert Level Skirmishes" and it releases on the 4th @ $4.99.
oooooh, new VC4 decals ... cool :) thanks for the update!

---

new store page - this one looks REALLY cool:

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

Those free decals apply to future purchases, or just for those who pre-ordered?
I'm yet to buy the game... ;)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
... and here it is! :) been waiting for that one :p exclusive no more

Deleted member 113

The Quiet Man is now out.

Purchases before the 15th get a limited edition, which includes a few bonus desktop backgrounds.

For Humble monthly subscribers, the Humble store is currently the cheapest place that has the game (in Europe it's €12,14).

EDIT:
A funny thing: for those not aware, the protagonist is deaf, so most of the game barely has any sound.
But, a week from now, they are updating the game to add an option for second playthroughs to add sound and voices. Interesting idea.

To quote the Steam announcement:
«And that’s not all: approximately one week from now, a free patch will be released and will provide the final answers to the unique mysteries of the game. Titled THE QUIET MAN ― ANSWERED ― this update will uncover the full story by allowing a second play through with sound and voices. »
The Quiet Man :: THE QUIET MAN is out today, get your LIMITED EDITION now!

Also, there's a new trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
... and here it is! :) been waiting for that one :p exclusive no more

Played it on the Switch, it's a very good substitute for Marble Blast Ultra. I mean, you can get Marble Blast Ultra on PC, but I'm not sure how legit that is or not. Just google it if you really want it.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Played it on the Switch, it's a very good substitute for Marble Blast Ultra. I mean, you can get Marble Blast Ultra on PC, but I'm not sure how legit that is or not. Just google it if you really want it.
but, but ... if it's not on steam it doesn't exist ;)

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Aaaah the cover is looking good, glad it fits so well :D
hope you all like it.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Eh what's the deal with that Redwall game? Wasn't another one already available or did that exit early access?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Eh what's the deal with that Redwall game? Wasn't another one already available or did that exit early access?
nope, that's a new one ... a VERY different game :p

you were thinking of this one probably:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
This comes out soon

ABOUT THIS GAME

Hunt your nightmares

You're a Hunter, the last line of defense between our world and the savage creatures that lurk just outside. By investigating the world around you and reading the evidence you’ll learn more about what you’re hunting and how to kill it. Use your wits, your experience and your arsenal of monster-hunting tools to rid the world of ghouls, ghosts, demons and everything that goes bump in the night - for the right price of course.StoryWoken up with the vague memory of having died the night before in a drug-induced state of delirium while on a dangerous job. There is a fresh brand upon your skin, a brand you do not remember but which causes you great unease.You find yourself following a bloody track where strange sightings have been recorded, from spectral women beckoning people into the fog, to spiders as large as wolves, Australia is a dangerous place to live in…Become a Hunter
  • Tricks of the trade
    Start your journey with a flickering torch, rusty gun and a whole lot of guts. Complete jobs to develop your skills and learn more about the monsters that haunt the night. Develop your character and build your arsenal through a detailed RPG and job system. Become an elite hunter and get your revenge.
  • Choose your contracts
    There are all manner of creatures prowling the streets, from ghosts to hellhounds, monstrous spiders and demons. Which order you take your contracts is up to you, but each monster you slay brings you closer to unearthing the dark truth.
  • Hunt, or be hunted
    How you clear the town is up to you. You can go in guns blazing and let your shotgun do the talking, or you can plan and research your targets to use their weaknesses against them.
  • Study your prey
    As a hunter, knowledge is one of your greatest weapons. By reading your environment and uncovering the weaknesses of the creatures you're hunting, you can make it a little easier to slay them. The Cryptonomicon is your hunter guidebook, tracking the creatures you’ve slain and the clues you’ve collected.
  • Use your tools
    From shotguns and booby traps, to silver nitrate rounds and high tech gadgets - there are many tools in your arsenal that can help you fight the darkness. Choosing what to bring with you, and when to use it can be the difference between victory and a grizzly defeat.
Interested.

Also I can't tell what game is in the forums banner in the middle part.....next to hitman.

Status
Not open for further replies.