Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I'll sign now to live in a freezer all year and never sleep in an oven like this summer again :suicide-blob:
Ill take that oven for 100 Alex. I'll accept having to sleep in my birthday suit every night with a fan directly blowing on my nether regions just to have the ability to not think about layers ever again.

Reactions: lashman

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

It's happening. But not sure if that's a good thing.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Blacksad review on PC Gamer. Pretty bad note, 68.
At a glance the reviewer seems obsessed with the 'furry' aspect of the game. Constantly comes back to it. Nearly worthless piece. I didn't really learn anything other than that in this adaptation of a classic comics involving anthropomorphized animals, there are anthropomorphized animals.
I nearly stopped reading reviews, wonder why.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
If I'm going from Intel to AMD, do I need to reset windows etc?
Not really. When I swapped my i5 for a Ryzen weeks ago my Windows installation didn't care at all. It only took a bit longer in the first boot. I uninstalled my audio drivers beforehand though, just in case.

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
Ill take that oven for 100 Alex. I'll accept having to sleep in my birthday suit every night with a fan directly blowing on my nether regions just to have the ability to not think about layers ever again.
I can add layers when it's cold, I can gather cats around me for warmth. When it's above 30°C in the middle of the night without air, I can take off my clothes with a fan blowing directly on my head, I'll still be liquid and unable to move without suffocating. And I can't even turn on my computer, I'll be to afraid it'll melt.

When it's too hot I'm on pause, waiting for the temperature to get back to humanly bearable, even if it takes days. When it's cold my brain still works. That's the main difference.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Since the official release on Oct. 30 we already had one update to the "stable" client, I think 5 or 6 to the beta branch, and who knows how many on their end (as the new library seems to be a lot more dependent on the server side of things). They do appear to be scrambling a bit to deal with all the issues.

I don't know why the beta was so short, but I hope things get more stable by the time of big holiday sale.... otherwise things will probably be even buggier than usual :p
It could be that their back-end worked fine for the load caused by people in the beta, but craps out for a full load-out. I also feel it was more reliable in beta.
I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I love how this thread is more active than the one on era :drinking-blob:
I can start a thread cheering on violence and hypocracy and trolling if you'd like.....

Jk,

Anyways, Intel to AMD, full reinstall is betters

1.) Driver change and MB firmware change
2) Licensing will phone home either way
3) Good idea to refresh OS periodically anyway.

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
I can start a thread cheering on violence and hypocracy and trolling if you'd like.....

Jk,

Anyways, Intel to AMD, full reinstall is betters

1.) Driver change and MB firmware change
2) Licensing will phone home either way
3) Good idea to refresh OS periodically anyway.
Guessing it was a bolivia thread? Or am I wrong?

And yeah, I'll probably reset it just avoid any future headaches

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Guessing it was a bolivia thread? Or am I wrong?

And yeah, I'll probably reset it just avoid any future headaches
No, the one where the woman got body slammed for being a racist shit. Typical "no posts condoning violence" and then as usual a mod cheering it on as two lives get ruined, something no one should cheer.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Bethesda Softworks has opened a new development studio, Roundhouse Studios, in Madison, Wis. Roundhouse Studios is staffed by the team from the recently closed Human Head Studios. Therefore, the studio will immediately begin work on unannounced projects at Bethesda.

Chris Rhinehart, Creative Director, Roundhouse Studios, said:

“Sadly, we had to wind down the business of Human Head Studios and close its doors. This was particularly devastating due to the passion and creativity of the team we’d assembled. We reached out to our friends at Bethesda for help, and they saw that same creativity and passion in our team. With the formation of Roundhouse Studios, Bethesda offered every employee of Human Head a position at the new company. We are excited our team will remain together, pursuing the work we love.”
As the press release reads, the developers at Roundhouse Studios represent more than two decades working together on a variety of games and genres. These genres include RPGs, shooters, action-adventure games, and more. Roundhouse Studios also has the original developers of Prey, something that may please some fans. Moreover, some of its devs have worked on Dead Man’s Hand, Rune 1 and 2, and Lost Within. Its devs have also contributed to blockbuster releases like Batman: Arkham Origins and BioShock Infinite.

Todd Vaughn, Senior Vice President of Development at Bethesda, added:

“While sorry to hear of their challenges as Human Head Studios, we were excited by the opportunity to bring under the Bethesda umbrella this talented, established development team. We are delighted that the entire staff will remain together and is now part of the Bethesda family.”
i'm very very confused right now o_O

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
this is confusing :unsure:

i am pretty sure that Human Head just released Rune 2 on Early EGSess
What the fuck.... nothing on t witter from either of them, no other news sites have picked it up... Rune2 literally sent to die ?

I guess Bethesda got its wish? Instead of buying HumanHead for prey2, they just wait for them to collapse and pick up the pieces?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So Human Head released Rune 2 (which looks pretty shit btw, people in YT comments sections thinks it's a Skyrim mod lol), took a quick exclusivity cash grab from Epic and bailed.
it sure looks like it

What the fuck.... nothing on t witter from either of them, no other news sites have picked it up... Rune2 literally sent to die ?
this is it ... this is literally the announcement HHS is dead .... in a press release about another studio ...

classy

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
It could be that their back-end worked fine for the load caused by people in the beta, but craps out for a full load-out. I also feel it was more reliable in beta.
I'm sure they'll figure it out.
I'm sure they will... eventually :p. I'm just curious because Valve servers doesn't have the best history of handling the load during the big sales, specially during the transition times, and now they have this extra load to deal with it. However, they are usually good to keep things apart so when the store goes down the backend for the client stays up.

Hmm, wonder if this indeed works
In the past there was a utility (I think it was called sysprep) that did prepare Windows to be moved to other PCs, but now with all the mess of the Microsoft Store I would recommend to do a clean install, otherwise even it everything else works you probably get those annoying error codes when trying to install something. Of course, not much is lost if you want to try another solution first :)

As for the activation, last time I was able to transfer my license (tied to my account) using the troubleshooter as described here:

But I think some OEM licenses don't allow that.

So Human Head released Rune 2 (which looks pretty shit btw, people in YT comments sections thinks it's a Skyrim mod lol), took a quick exclusivity cash grab from Epic and bailed.
It is almost as if Epic doesn't do a lot research before signing those deals and instead just goes to try the maximize the noise they create, or just go after what's "shinny".

Status
Not open for further replies.