Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Well, some regional prices are very fucked up though.
Hope they’ll sort it out. Not gonna lie, the price is outstanding here, probably the best I’ve seen in years.

EDIT: On a closer look, it might be the price of a single game, not the entire bundle. Bummer.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
That early 2020 Gamepass pc lineup looks fucking great.

A lot of Final Fantasy and Yakuza games to binge on.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I have to take a closer look at the pic shown during the stream but I'm on the contrary pretty underwhelmed by Gamepass PC.
At first glance, everything was Gamepass Console.

Reactions: yuraya

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Gamepass offer is pretty amazing. I'll get Wasteland 3 on Steam though because I'm slow af with CRPGs.

I'm not a big multiplayer person but I kinda like Bleeding Edge to be honest.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Normally I'd assume the Kingdom Hearts games coming to Xbox means a PC release is also very likely at some point. But this is Square-Enix we're talking about and their "strategy" on PC is borderline schizophrenic, so common sense essentially goes out the window...

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
well, that was something ... now to wait and see how many of those games will be egsclusive

probably everything from Annapurna

and the Raw Fury game too ...

Reactions: PC-tan and madjoki

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I have to take a closer look at the pic shown during the stream but I'm on the contrary pretty underwhelmed by Gamepass PC.
At first glance, everything was Gamepass Console.
Yea it sucks they couldn't get Rage 2 and Remnant on PCGP as well.

Like Remnant I get since its doing really well on Steam....but Rage 2? Come on now Bethesda.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, I imagine, and if that's the case understand, that it would costs MS a lot of money to secure the rights of every titles on Console & PC.
And they keep pratically giving away the sub, so there is that too.

But if there is no semblance of parity I'm out as soon as the price augments. Simple as that.

PS. I super enjoyed the 6 months of Spotify excluding Europe, too. And semi-expecting the same for Discord Nitro and EA Access. Really appreciated.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Yea it sucks they couldn't get Rage 2 and Remnant on PCGP as well.

Like Remnant I get since its doing really well on Steam....but Rage 2? Come on now Bethesda.
Oh I didn't realize those were console only. I just kind of assumed games were available on both as long as they exist on the platform. Sucks but I can't really complain since I have like a full year of Ultimate Game Pass and it cost me less than 10 bucks total lol. That 1$ promo that adds 3 months and converts your sub to Ultimate is ridiculously good, even though I have no use for Xbox Live.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Thanks to NeuralProxy

I wouldn't say metric ton of console exclusives, go fuck yourselves etc.

I wouldn't say it, but...

Reactions: lashman

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Well, my hopes of decent regional pricing on Halo were crushed. Still AoE IV is looking good and GP is getting more games, so I guess it wasn't all that bad.
You Brazil too right?

Reach is showed as the same price as the full pack don't know why.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
You Brazil too right?

It's super unclear if this is the deal of the century or if they expect 40 buck a game. I wouldn't bet on the first option.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
You Brazil too right?

Argentina here :crying-face:

The price between AR and BR isn't even that much different, is just that I have to wonder what we did (or what we didn't) that we can't get some cool prices like South Asia, Southeast Asia and CIS got? We aren't doing that great you know.

I better stop complaining before MS decides to follow 505 and EA and just completely drop regional pricing everywhere though.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
By the way, MS 'fixed' Halo Reach (not the MCC pack) Mexican pricing. It still is a bit more expensive than the USD price but well. New price is Mex$ 199.00 (conv. U$10.30).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Mosaic is releasing on Steam so I'll believe it.
like i said - i'll believe it when i see the "pre-order" button ... not a second before

By the way, MS 'fixed' Halo Reach (not the MCC pack) Mexican pricing. It still is a bit more expensive than the USD price but well. New price is Mex$ 199.00 (conv. U$10.30).
well that fucking sucks :/ what the fuck are they thinking?!

Reactions: MJunioR

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
i don't believe this listing for one second

stuff like that means NOTHING until i can pre-order it on steam
I'm trying to be optimistic over here but you're right. The game looks perfect for an exclusivity deal.

But honestly I don't mind. The X019 conferenece made it clear that the true competitor to Steam is actually MS with gamepass.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
well that fucking sucks :/ what the fuck are they thinking?!
No idea, really. The worst thing about it is that I had a real nice impression about MS and their regional efforts here on South America, especially earlier this gen. When Gears 5 came without regional pricing for us I thought it was an outlier, after all AoE 1 & 2 had a really nice pricing but seems that AoE is the outlier in the end.

Shit sucks.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
This also confirmed that I have far more chances to play the Gears series on emulator than on Gamepass.
Their fucking loss, as good as it is, I'm not ponying up 10 bucks a month to be served years old, humble monthly or bundle fodders games like Talos, Yakuza etc. Not speaking about quality obviously, but if they plan to make me a faithful subscriber with that PC offering, they have got another thing coming.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
No idea, really. The worst thing about it is that I had a real nice impression about MS and their regional efforts here on South America, especially earlier this gen. When Gears 5 came without regional pricing for us I thought it was an outlier, after all AoE 1 & 2 had a really nice pricing but seems that AoE is the outlier in the end.

Shit sucks.

Just got added and Arg is the cheapest.

This also confirmed that I have far more chances to play the Gears series on emulator than on Gamepass.
Their fucking loss, as good as it is, I'm not ponying up 10 bucks a month to be served years old, humble monthly or bundle fodders games like Talos, Yakuza etc. Not speaking about quality obviously, but if they plan to make me a faithful subscriber with that PC offering, they have got another thing coming.
But there are always good deals for the pass. So far there was never any reason to pay full price even outside of the 1€ offers (why don't you get the current one for 3 months?). I'm good until next summer and paid very little.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
But there are always good deals for the pass. So far there was never any reason to pay full price even outside of the 1€ offers.
Totally, I'm talking about when they go full price.
Difficult to argue against 1$ for three months. Even with a joke selection and special offers that don't apply to Europe.

It's just that it doesn't fill me with confidence for the future.

Reactions: derExperte

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I want to get Fallen Order on Steam, but the regional price is way too high, so I will just finish the game on Premier and get it on Steam later on sale.

like i said - i'll believe it when i see the "pre-order" button ... not a second before
I received a Steam preview code from Raw Fury at the beginning of october or september (don't quite remember), played a bit of it. I don't think it will go EGS exclusive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.