Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
Here are more snippets from the interview that will supposedly be released sometime in the next 2 days:

Valve will be showing something at The Game Awards.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Remember, if the Index is too pricey for you or not available in your country, the game will be playable on the cheaper Rift, Rift S, VIVE and Windows Mixed Reality headsets.

HLVR will be playable on any headset compatible with SteamVR.

Will most likely also be some black friday/christmas deals on Rift S.

I assume with the Oculus Link, the Quest can also play the game, but noone will know how the Quest will work with SteamVR until Link is out.

I just have to hope that by the time the game is out, the Index is available in more countries. Doesn't matter if the price is lowered if most of the world can't buy it.

Reactions: PC-tan

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
@Ascheroth also after act 1 of story u get a home n can completey build it up customise etc its a massive thing
Yeah, I've read about that in one of the steam reviews, really curious about that and if it will be the last side-activity the game introduces, lol.
I'm in the 2nd mortal town right now, after you get out of the Tomb.

Reactions: MJunioR

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Here are more snippets from the interview that will supposedly be released sometime in the next 2 days:

Valve will be showing something at The Game Awards.
Update: Before you read, here's something you should know: PC Gamer decided to run this story, with this document linked inside of it. This was an awful decision on their part, as it has the possibility to delay the actual teaser, or release of the game. You should be ashamed of yourselves for deciding to run a story for clicks alone. I personally ask that you stop supporting them, and support Tyler McVicker, a content creator who runs stories on Nintendo, Valve, and Bethesda instead, as he puts much, much more effort into his content. If you're looking for full information on HLVR, and HL:A, I suggest this video.

Screw you, PC Gamer, and screw your standards.
We know they're trash but can you blame them in this case? These docs have been making the rounds anyway.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Deleted member 113

I just came across this game, that fans of turn-based RPG/Strategy games may like:

The game is on sale for a couple more hours.

The screenshot selection on the store page makes the game look worse than it does, so it's one of those times that checking the screenshots section on Steam gives a more positive impression.

The game is also on sale on itch.io:

Reactions: derExperte

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I am building a new PC too, and I plan to try this one out:
Amazon product

Was shown in an episode of Linus Gaming, and it seems to provide great conductivity, but is basically foolproof and simple to "apply"
Oh yeah, I'll definitely be trying this out on my next build. I remember watching that video. It came out pretty good in the thermal tests they did too, iirc.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

To be fair that sort of thing can just generally happen with anything being shipped though?
It can, but allow me to say it out loud: using those thin, barely padded envelops, to ship things internationally, is asking for trouble.

A lot of companies, especially the ones from the US and UK, use them a lot, and as a result I frequently have items crushed to pieces.
During international shipments, packages will be thrown around, heavier items will be placed on top of them, and whatnot, how can people seriously expect this kind of package to do an effective job protecting anything?

For a few cents more, they could easy buy cardboard packaging that would be much more effective.

Backers paid a decent amount for the game, surely they could provide some decent packaging.
It's bad enough they are missing out on pre-order bonuses, season passes, and better packaging (that some retailers have available).

I gave up on most physical kickstarter rewards, because I was tired of getting things crushed to pieces, and utterly destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.