Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Banner of the Maid is pretty fun, a bit simplistic and easy, but enjoying myself.

The localization is definitely rough, but able to get the main threads of the plot.

Edit: Also digging that Wasteland 1 remaster news, I'm more excited for that than 3.🧓

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Idle Thumbs fans: seems like they were looking into booting the podcast back up but couldn't find a decent recording space that was affordable and accessible enough for him and Jake. It's nice to know that it's at least on the table. Hope they can figure something out eventually.
We'll take the macbook and mics in Chris' apartment, just do it guys! Now that you're so close to Gaynor, get him on more often.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
How are people finishing the game so fast. I think I am about 13 hours in and I have only explored 3 planets. and even then I have not been to all of the areas in those places.
Are you doing normie activities like 'eating', 'sleeping' or 'socializing'?

Reactions: Arsene

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I only finished the 2nd planet earlier today in star wars. I'm still spending a lot of time in destiny 2 and recently went through Leon's campaign in RE2 as well (obligatory fuck mr x). Trying to mix in 2019 games I've slacked off on starting so I can have them all done by the end of this year.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Man, FFXV has something wrong but I can't point out what is it. Somehow it isn't grabbing me, and I can only wonder why.
Might it be the empty open world or the awful writing

Banner of the Maid is pretty fun, a bit simplistic and easy, but enjoying myself.

The localization is definitely rough, but able to get the main threads of the plot.

Edit: Also digging that Wasteland 1 remaster news, I'm more excited for that than 3.🧓
Wait, when did they release a localization for it?
I LITERALLY just checked the storepage last week and there was no news of one

Reactions: PC-tan

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Ive been running IdleMaster on and off for the past day or so because im trying to save up $11 to buy Halo Reach and i’m already at $4 from about 50 trading cards. Looks like I’ll definitely be able to pick it up before launch. So excited 🥰

But man aren’t trading cards just so useless? Just another useless steam feature from lazy Valve...

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
It's pretty amazing how Steam opening up in China has helped bring these games to light. I wonder if these games are even easily accessible in China without using Steam. They seem to censor and block basically everything game related right now, or am I wrong about that?
If I remember correctly, they made a studio go out of business because of a Winnie the Pooh picture

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
It's pretty amazing how Steam opening up in China has helped bring these games to light. I wonder if these games are even easily accessible in China without using Steam. They seem to censor and block basically everything game related right now, or am I wrong about that?

All i know is gujian is very very popular n when it first launched gujian 3 it was top seller on steam. The game for how it looks only cost 6million which is crazy cheap

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
All i know is gujian is very very popular n when it first launched gujian 3 it was top seller on steam. The game for how it looks only cost 6million which is crazy cheap
Well, the main "cost" of a game is just the salary of your employees. With cost of living in China far lower than San Francisco (I don't understand to this day why so many US game devs are based in the most expensive region in the entire country, when they could work anywhere with a broadband connection) that's not too impressive. I also assume stuff like crunch is far more usual in a society where even talking about worker rights and unions will probably get you lined up on a wall and your brains and guts turned into abstract art.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
In my totally-not-biased opinion, the pacing in Trails SC is better if compared with FC. Context is everything in Trails though, so I hope you'll find the motivation to continue because the payoff is great. :dana_wink:
Returning to this topic from yesterday because I felt ill and got to bed early. First I hope my pretty abrasive posts on the subjects were clear enough on the fact I'm criticizing the game, not its fans. Which btw I truly would like to be a part of.
But yeah, glacial pacing and uninteresting town peoples killed my desire to continue. Nothing ever happens, the characters seem to spend dozens of hours doing the quest equivalent to saving cats in trees. Thinking about the game yesterday reminded me of the moment when some important character tells another he has things to say about his past and the other goes all 'who cares, no problem mate don't tell me'. I nearly needed CPR right there.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Returning to this topic from yesterday because I felt ill and got to bed early. First I hope my pretty abrasive posts on the subjects were clear enough on the fact I'm criticizing the game, not its fans. Which btw I truly would like to be a part of.
But yeah, glacial pacing and uninteresting town peoples killed my desire to continue. Nothing ever happens, the characters seem to spend dozens of hours doing the quest equivalent to saving cats in trees. Thinking about the game yesterday reminded me of the moment when some important character tells another he has things to say about his past and the other goes all 'who cares, no problem mate don't tell me'. I nearly needed CPR right there.
I understand when people describe FC and to a lesser degree SC as having a slow pace, but I never quite get why that's an issue. I don't mind a game taking it's time when it has such a rich set of NPCs to follow, great world buildling from the start and features Estelle. I'm fine with reading a lot, and I actually like that this game doesn't go from "you're noobies and can't be trusted with real work" to "please save the world, oh chosen one" in two hours flat.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I understand when people describe FC and to a lesser degree SC as having a slow pace, but I never quite get why that's an issue. I don't mind a game taking it's time when it has such a rich set of NPCs to follow, great world buildling from the start and features Estelle. I'm fine with reading a lot, and I actually like that this game doesn't go from "you're noobies and can't be trusted with real work" to "please save the world, oh chosen one" in two hours flat.
My issue is that I never found the NPC lives interesting :anguished-face:
You got a good point about the heroes progress being more realistic. I‘ve still got issues with it but the intention is solid.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
You got a good point about the heroes progress being more realistic. I‘ve still got issues with it but the intention is solid.
Well, everybody's taste is different. I would still recommend that you give the game a chance until you reach the second or third town they visit before making a final verdict on FC. The story goes to some interesting places, and you probably haven't met most of the great companions yet.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I think it's important to go into the games, especially FC, with the mindset that all that mundane stuff is not useless and the game will make the investment worth your while. Trust it :)

Reactions: Kvik and Li Kao

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im getting increasingly excited for HLVR announcement. Really looking forward to see what sorts of innovation Valve will brings to the table for VR. Also wonder how much the physics will be compared to Boneworks (which will release dec 10th btw).

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Im getting increasingly excited for HLVR announcement. Really looking forward to see what sorts of innovation Valve will brings to the table for VR. Also wonder how much the physics will be compared to Boneworks (which will release dec 10th btw).
I'm expecting even more interaction than Boneworks with some things and a few surprises when it comes to source 2 engine interactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.