Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

Tizoc I checked the unlocked content on Street Fighter V, after purchasing the Champion Edition upgrade kit.
Since I already owned the CPT packs, I now see myself as owning all the items listed on the in-game store (the costumes, stages, colours, soundtracks, ...) except, for some reason, Fighter Profile Theme colours 4 to 9. :unsure:

The Fighting Chance costumes aren't supposed to be included as well (and a few other promotional costumes), but those aren't listed on the store page.

Reactions: Tizoc

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
So.... anybody knows some dark corners to sell some internal organs. Trying to import the Index is going to get absurdly expensive, and any other VR headset is not going to be cheap either.

Also... that Twitter Valve account if from June... 2019, and only has one tweet? Talk about being good at communication :p

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
So.... anybody knows some dark corners to sell some internal organs. Trying to import the Index is going to get absurdly expensive, and any other VR headset is not going to be cheap either.

Also... that Twitter Valve account if from June... 2019, and only has one tweet? Talk about being good at communication :p
The Odyssey+, while not an Index, can get gotten used all over for 1/4 the cost of the Index and has handled every VR game I've thrown at it so far with flying colors. Obviously it remains to be seen what fancy stuff they'll put in HLVR but I think a lot of people overreach for the fanciest VR rig when they don't need to :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-tightly-closed-eyes:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
The Odyssey+, while not an Index, can get gotten used all over for 1/4 the cost of the Index and has handled every VR game I've thrown at it so far with flying colors. Obviously it remains to be seen what fancy stuff they'll put in HLVR but I think a lot of people overreach for the fanciest VR rig when they don't need to :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-tightly-closed-eyes:
Better colors than an Index actually :p
(I love the Index but there's something to be said for OLED contrast)

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Fuck me, I don't have the means to play a VR game.
I don't think they're going to half-ass this, it's probably going to be damn impressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 113

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Returning to this topic from yesterday because I felt ill and got to bed early. First I hope my pretty abrasive posts on the subjects were clear enough on the fact I'm criticizing the game, not its fans. Which btw I truly would like to be a part of.
But yeah, glacial pacing and uninteresting town peoples killed my desire to continue. Nothing ever happens, the characters seem to spend dozens of hours doing the quest equivalent to saving cats in trees. Thinking about the game yesterday reminded me of the moment when some important character tells another he has things to say about his past and the other goes all 'who cares, no problem mate don't tell me'. I nearly needed CPR right there.
Haha, I don't have a problem with the tone of your posts. We Australians are generally pretty abrasive in making fun of one another, but like people in this forum, we're all chill people regardless! :dana_wink:

Mivey and Ascheroth already raised some good points, but I'd like to say that getting into Trails is like reading multi-book series of 300-pages each. You get to know the minutiae of many different characters to get you invested in them, but also slowlly peeling layers upon layers of its world at the same time. You could almost tell something is amiss with the world, but you can't quite put a finger on it, somehow. You just know that it's there. And sometimes you won't see anything important happens for longer period of time, but I don't view it as a bad thing. Following the trials and tribulations of these characters is still interesting to see and discover.

I could also draw a little parallel with Japanese slice-of-life genre (iyashikei) where almost nothing ever happened. There's something quite fulfilling in watching almost mundane activities which can leave you feeling nostalgic. An example of this would be something like Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. :02comfy:

'pedestrian connection of 100mb'

is this sarcasm?
Well, I'm on 100/40 Mbps fibre too and I consider it pedestrian since the rest of the world is already on 1Gbps with the same price bracket. :02shrug:

Reactions: Mivey and Li Kao

Amzin

Dec 5, 2018
Is anyone having problems with viewing news pages or store pages in the Steam client? They are regularly just showing up as completely black for me. It is clearly loading them (I can interact with the page by clicking) but just won't display.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Is anyone having problems with viewing news pages or store pages in the Steam client? They are regularly just showing up as completely black for me. It is clearly loading them (I can interact with the page by clicking) but just won't display.
nope, works fine for me (yeah, i know, extremely helpful ... sorry)

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Maybe something related with gpu rendering accel.? Try (un)checking "Enable GPU accelerated rendering in web views" located at Settings > Interface.

If not that, no idea what can be happening on your end.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Steam Client Beta - November 18, 2019
NOV 18 @ 8:06PM - PHILIPLA
The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Library
  • Added a filter option to split family shared games in the game list into sections by owner
  • Fixed non-Steam game shortcut icons not displaying when set from an .exe file
  • Fixed status in playbar showing "downloading" while unpacking a preloaded game
General
  • Fixed possible client crash when there are more pending gifts than installed games
  • Fixed an issue where the language drop down in the per-game settings page could be blank for uninstalled games.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Unfortunate that half life is a VR game but I guess it's good that I was never really into the series to begin with. There's only so much disappointment one can handle in life.

Amzin

Dec 5, 2018
nope, works fine for me (yeah, i know, extremely helpful ... sorry)
Maybe something related with gpu rendering accel.? Try (un)checking "Enable GPU accelerated rendering in web views" located at Settings > Interface.

If not that, no idea what can be happening on your end.
I should have been more clear, it's something that I've noticed happening repeatedly lately :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

I had to restart to apply turning off GPU Acceleration and it works again, not sure which part of that did it but I'll see if it holds, thanks.

Reactions: lashman

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Steam Client Beta - November 18, 2019
NOV 18 @ 8:06PM - PHILIPLA
The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Library
  • Added a filter option to split family shared games in the game list into sections by owner
  • Fixed non-Steam game shortcut icons not displaying when set from an .exe file
  • Fixed status in playbar showing "downloading" while unpacking a preloaded game
General
  • Fixed possible client crash when there are more pending gifts than installed games
  • Fixed an issue where the language drop down in the per-game settings page could be blank for uninstalled games.
That’s a big one for many people. Great that they finally addressed it

Reactions: Nabs and lashman

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
You want Stadia to fail?

Why?
Zero rights for consumers (no resell, no recourse against DRM) and blatent false advertising (virtually every aspect of their tech they have talked about, shown off, etc are complete fabrications and actually impossible in the ways they describe) are the main things. Secondarily limiting the types of games (low latency and very low latency) that are viable. Third for a dysfunctional business model that could never actually work (for both creators and themselves - something they would push off onto consumers if they stick it out a few years) and a inferior architecture that would always be disappointing (the cloud streaming model actually doesn't make practical sense for gaming from a computer architecture perspective).

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Last week I tried playing Uncharted 4 through PS Now only to run into a wall like 20mins in when the game insisted I had to press the touchpad to progress. When I replaced my Steam controller I went with Xbox One thinking I wanted to ensure compatibility with Game Pass but also knew that PS Now supports XInput controllers. Guess it was naive of me to assume Sony would put any effort into the PC client.

I've since borrowed a dualshock 4 from a friend and I'm playing the game now but the thing is when I run into issues like this I can't help but be super frustrated because this is pretty much a solved problem at this point. SteamInput just fucking works, controller compatibility issues should be a thing of the past. But hey "It'S jUsT aNoThEr LaUnChEr U gUyS! VaLvE dOn'T dO aNyThInG tO eArN tHeIr CuT!!1!"

:upside-down-face:

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Zero rights for consumers (no resell, no recourse against DRM) and blatent false advertising (virtually every aspect of their tech they have talked about, shown off, etc are complete fabrications and actually impossible in the ways they describe) are the main things. Secondarily limiting the types of games (low latency and very low latency) that are viable. Third for a dysfunctional business model that could never actually work (for both creators and themselves - something they would push off onto consumers if they stick it out a few years) and a inferior architecture that would always be disappointing (the cloud streaming model actually doesn't make practical sense for gaming from a computer architecture perspective).
Thanks for that.

How do you feel about Xbox Game Pass subscription model? Seems like lots of big companies want to move to streaming/GAAS derivatives..

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Thanks for that.

How do you feel about Xbox Game Pass subscription model? Seems like lots of big companies want to move to streaming/GAAS derivatives..
I think the subscription thing in general is really dangerous for indies, and if subscriptions become dominant it's going to really squash indies. I think we'd even get to a point where there weren't enough indie games coming out if it lasted many years (arguably there is far too many indie games now, though).

It's like a lake and suddenly you take most of the oxygen out of the water. It'll be a mass extinction.

Status
Not open for further replies.