Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
it's awesome ... i absolutely LOVE the fact that they added it ... might finally give people the push to update their reviews
PRETTY MUCH THIS WORD BY WORD!

any addition that encourages people to write a review will always get my thumbs up, why? Because reviews help a lot and the more they have the better, they help sell the game to others, it helps you to say what do you feel about that product, your friends can totally see those and you give feedback directly to the devs. through the platform.

It's a precious tool and right we have and we should take care of it and use it wisely, the more, the better.

Reactions: lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
it's awesome ... i absolutely LOVE the fact that they added it ... might finally give people the push to update their reviews
I forgot that they also have a prompt for updating your review there now.
(I personally only write a review after I'm completely done with a game, so that doesn't really apply to me, but it's definitely a good thing)

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
How do you guys feel about the "You have played game for x hours, do you want to write a review?" prompt in the new libary?
I think it might work on me :thinking-face:
I think having it directly there after finishing a game makes me more likely to use it instead of having to go to the store page specifically.
Nice addition.
About as much as I can say about it :3

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just finished Disco Elysium. What a fantastic game. Will definetly do another playthrough in the future as there were some side missions I didn't manage to do in time and some dialogue options I wanna try. Probably my goty.

I really like how political the game is. It did not shy away from any of the heavy stuff.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
How do you guys feel about the "You have played game for x hours, do you want to write a review?" prompt in the new libary?
I think it might work on me :thinking-face:
I think having it directly there after finishing a game makes me more likely to use it instead of having to go to the store page specifically.
User reviews are nothing but trash. :p

I actually think its a good idea, especially for those players that may have already posted a negative review but with further playing have changed their minds. I find user reviews incredibly helpful for purchasing games on Steam. The more there are the better.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I like that it asks you to review a game. Would be cool if you could get a badge out of it or some kind of incentive, but perhaps that's too easy to "game". More importantly though, I'd love Valve to do something about review formatting the new library. It just becomes a big wall of text in there. Very hard to read.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Huh. Seemingly out of nowhere, the kickstarter for Vertebreaker was canceled.

Says they'll have news about why later.

He's basically broke, was broke before Sonic, the last Sonic paycheck was over a year and a half ago and he used that money to pay off debts and have himself and his wife move out of his mother-in-law's house and get a used car and stuff. The kickstarter was a complete and utter failure so it wasn't gonna make it.

Shit sucks.

I think he should conceptualize a far smaller but still super cool crowd funded project that he can finish largely by himself and set a goal of like $25k which for him would be enough to live off for some time and work on the project while figuring out what steps to take for a more permanent solution. God speed anyway.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
It always triggers me everytime I see people's PS4 dashboard with games not being put inside a folder.

:smiling-face-with-halo:
It's not people's fault Sony gets progressively worse at designing UI with every console they release.

The PS4 made me miss those stupid-ass Vita bubbles for fuck's sake.

Reactions: derExperte

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Anyone have any thoughts on COD:Ghosts campaign? Its on sale on Steam for £13.
Uh, it's super dumb and I don't remember any memorable setpieces aside from the level in Space, even BLOPs 3 has more meat than Ghosts. I've bought Ghosts for less than a dollar tho, can't complain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe Spangle

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
One of the biggest problems with Ghosts is that out of all post-MW CoDs (not counting WaW) it's the only one that is unquestionably "Fuck Yeah, America!!!" The Game. I was rolling on the floor from Venezuela conquering the entirety of Latin America and fracturing the US. What's even more bizarre is that it was supposedly written by a guy who wrote one of the best political thrillers of the 00s that took a huge ass dump on the CIA and their methods of work in the Middle East.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Koei said:
The following update has been released.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: Addition of graphic options

“Graphics Options” has been added to the "Startup Environment Settings" screen in the Settings menu of the launcher displayed before the game starts.

On the screen that appears after selecting "Graphics Options", the graphic settings can be adjusted according to your PC environment.

2: Addition of mouse operation settings

"Mouse settings" has been added to the "Startup Environment Settings" screen in the Settings menu of the launcher displayed before the game starts.

On the screen that appears after selecting "Mouse Settings", check “Enable Mouse Operation” to operate the camera, change the distance, and change gathering tools by using the mouse.
You can also use the mouse scroll wheel to select items where list operations are needed such as on the main menu.
In addition, an optional controller button can be mapped to the mouse to control certain options.
Note: To change the gathering tools, press the key corresponding to the RB button while operating the mouse scroll.

3: Addition of A button, B button switch function

A function to switch the key corresponding to the A and B buttons has been added to the "Startup Environment Settings" screen in the Settings menu of the launcher displayed before the game starts.

4: Support for monitors other than 16:9 screen resolution

In instances where monitors other than 16:9 screen resolution are used, the issue where full screen mode was not displayed correctly has been fixed.

5: Usability improvement

Players can now leave the game from the desk in the Atelier.

6: Other adjustments

The icon added to the desktop when the game is installed has been fixed.
In addition, the issue that the icon might not be named has been fixed.

The bug that occurred at high frame rates has been fixed.
46.5MB on my end
Here's how the graphic options menu shows up:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I would love Tony Hawk PC ports! Early ones for nostalgia but Underground because its great!

Actually google says that theTony Hawk Undergrounds actually came out for Windows so all they have to do is put it on Steam. It appears you have to pirate it to play it now :rolleyes:
i would give A LOT of money for PC ports of Proving Grounds and Project 8 :(

but yeah - there's no one to re-release those now since activision own those games ... but they don't have the licence to use Tony anymore

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
i would give A LOT of money for PC ports of Proving Grounds and Project 8 :(

but yeah - there's no one to re-release those now since activision own those games ... but they don't have the licence to use Tony anymore
I am not sure how licensing works but couldnt they work out a new licensing deal to sell them again? I mean the games are already made so the cost would be minimal outside of the licensing. It will never happen but nostalgia is big! Look at Spyro and Crash, they sold like gangbusters.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I am not sure how licensing works but couldnt they work out a new licensing deal to sell them again? I mean the games are already made so the cost would be minimal outside of the licensing. It will never happen but nostalgia is big! Look at Spyro and Crash, they sold like gangbusters.
yeah, i doubt activision care ... and i also doubt Tony would even want to do it ... after THPS5

Reactions: arts&crafts

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I've played them all and got a lot of enjoyment out of campaigns that got universally dissed like Infinite, but Ghosts? One, maybe the worst of them all, bottom 3 for sure, just boring.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The PS4 made me miss those stupid-ass Vita bubbles for fuck's sake.
Let's not get carried away, now !

Is that the one with the giant quake or something ? Dropped the series with this one. Interest was in the negative.

something tells me we won't even be getting Reach this year :p
Or they shadow drop it at X019 in a few days. I don't know, the constant lack of clarity on the project makes me think they on the contrary exactly know when they will drop the game. But again, 343 industries... maybe I'm over-confident here.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Is Tokyo Xanadu eX+ worth £7? It's Fanatical's Star Deal today.
I don't know, it's one of the games I have had in my to play soon list since forever.
It has let fans down a little, but then again, Falcom and Persona fanbases are not exactly the most easilty pleased, so... for a good price I can't imagine it to be that bad.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
yeah, i doubt activision care ... and i also doubt Tony would even want to do it ... after THPS5
Wasn't Tony super happy that his deal with Acti ended after THPS5? I doubt he wants to go back and have anything with Acti again. It's lack of interest from both parties.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Wasn't Tony super happy that his deal with Acti ended after THPS5? I doubt he wants to go back and have anything with Acti again. It's lack of interest from both parties.
pretty sure he was, yeah

too bad he then went on and did a shitty mobile game with some assholes ... :negative-blob:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Damn, Space Raiders is worth £3.70 on it's own!

Also, the lack of "Collapse All" and Steam's insistence on expanding random categories is making me not care one bit about categorizing or tidying my library any more. Just chuck all my games in a shitty heap from now on.

grumble grumble

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Is Tokyo Xanadu eX+ worth £7? It's Fanatical's Star Deal today.
Yes, I really enjoyed it!
Play it on Hard though, because Normal is piss-easy like all modern Falcom RPGs. Hard also gets easy later on or if you use items in combat, but still much better.
Probably has the best "Falcom NPCs" out of all their games I've played (so all the ones on Steam) and that is very high praise. I've played it 2 years ago now and I still vividly recall the stories of many side characters and the little character arcs they go through.
Like the student in the electronics shop who first asks himself which cheap but decent new headphones he should grab but ultimately decides to getssomething better and then slowly turns into an audiophile as an example for something completely mundane but adds to the city feeling alive and you knowing the people living there.

Combat is also very fun once you get more characters and all your moves (which is pretty early), but it doesn't make that great a first impression.
Story is good. A bit generic anime high school slash supernatural but with good world-building and foreshadowing if you're paying attention and well-executed.

Translation is decent but not amazing and unfortunately gets worse towards the end.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Cheers for the COD advice.

Im going to finish off the Spec Ops: The Line playthrough that i started last week and then if its still on sale ill get it.

Cor, Spec ops gets pretty dark!

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Cheers for the COD advice.

Im going to finish off the Spec Ops: The Line playthrough that i started last week and then if its still on sale ill get it.

Cor, Spec ops gets pretty dark!
You haven't been spoiled to hell and back about Spec Ops ? You are in for a ride.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Is Tolva the same kind of FPS roguelike that Sir, You Are Being Hunted was? Ive been curious but SYABH has kept me at arms length from any of their followup titles
Not that i remember. It has more of a linear narrative to it. I haven't watched a video of it for about a year but i don't remember it being roguelike/lite.

Status
Not open for further replies.