Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

Paging FunktionJCB
Not sure if we can expect a PC version some day.
Thanks.
Yeah, I saw that earlier today. ;)

Sadly, I don't own any of the 2 consoles.
I was tempted to buy a PS4 just for that, but you know what, I have so many stuff to play, it would be silly to spend money like that.
I think I'll keep waiting for the games to hit PC (or, I'll just build a MAME machine one of these days).

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Paging FunktionJCB
Not sure if we can expect a PC version some day.
Taito have expressed interest in releasing more onto PC on their recent tweet.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Finally started playing Hypnospace Outlaw and this game is absolutely hilarious. I'm getting some serious flashbacks to my days as a child on the internet. The "fake" bands and stuff are also pretty funny. If you love enforcing copyright law like I do, you should definitely get this game. :detectiveblob:
Pfft, late to the Cool Punk party much? Poser.

Reactions: Ibuki

Deleted member 113

Taito have expressed interest in releasing more onto PC on their recent tweet.
Hopefully they will.

Since the release of Dariusburst: CS on Steam, I periodically attempt to contact both Taito, Degica (the publisher of that game, and a few other Taito releases) and even other publishers who specialize on bringing Japanese games, on every platform I can find (social media, emails, ...), and I never got a reply. Well, outside of Degica once telling me that I would need to ask Taito directly.

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
Anyone having problem with the steam forums? When i click on a thread with posts in it, i can only see the first post. I have to hit reload a couple ot times to see the other posts. This happens in the browser and the client.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
what's the context of the image?
context of that is it's from the State of Decay 2 devs doing a demo of the game for Xbox/Win 10 forever ago and during mid stream that popped up for them saying they needed to log back into steam or that their was no steam servers available when they had no inclination towards putting the game on steam at that point

WOOHOOO

Last edited:

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
Seeing some of the reaction on Half-Life: Alyx announcement I decided to make a video with my thoughts about it:

Personally I don't have a VR headset (and won't get it any time soon because I'm currently jobless), but I don't think that new Half-Life game being a VR-only is a bad thing. It's clear that this is not some half-backed tech-demo, but a proper game that builds around VR features. It's not an artificial exclusive that locked to a different platform for no real reason, and I'm not the one to force creators to make things I want instead of their vision, so I'm not mad about it.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Let me know if it's good. If so I'll be happy to put it on my SNES mini classic :)
I tried the game now. Played for around 15 minutes.
I haven't played the original game so I can't compare it.

I find the game not so fun. It got the annoying physics from New Super Mario Bros which I find bad. The game felt like a bad indie 2d game.
The graphics looks really good, at least Mario has nice animation

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Very interesting video. It's about game design and why HLA is in VR.

Valve doesn't wanna make something unless it pushes the boundaries and kb/m doesn't allow boundaries to be pushed, VR does. Pretty much all of todays shooters just pushes forward graphics. VR pushes gameplay forward.

Valve have so much money and there is no risk for them with having HLA to be VR only. Valve has the luxury that they can make an AAA game for VR that pushes gaming and VR forward and not needing to care about the game's sales numbers.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm curious how HL Alyx will be "promoted". Because Valve has Steam there is no real need to advertise it like other devs/publishers.

Out of the whole reveal I think maybe only 2 press outlet were talked to by Valve? One of which being the video game awards dude.

Is the Oculus promoted in retail stores?

It just weird is all this this will likely be one of the biggest VR games in a while. And Valve unlike PlayStation and Oculus will not pay a lot of money to promote the game. (others in the industry I would imagine would "kill" to be able to do something like that)

The most we might see is a banner of Valve Index/Half Life Alyx on the Steam store front but that's it. And technically they don't have to pay for it.

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'm curious how HL Alyx will be "promoted". Because Valve has Steam there is no real need to advertise it like other devs/publishers.

Out of the whole reveal I think maybe only 2 press outlet were talked to by Valve? One of which being the video game awards dude.

Is the Oculus promoted in retail stores?

It just weird is all this this will likely be one of the biggest VR games in a while. And Valve unlike PlayStation and Oculus will not pay a lot of money to promote the game. (others in the industry I would imagine would "kill" to be able to do something like that)

The most we might see is a banner of Valve Index/Half Life Alyx on the Steam store front but that's it. And technically they don't have to pay for it.
I mean, the only thing they have done themself so far (and not Keighleys stuff) is tweeting about the uveil on monday and releasing the trailer yesterday and in 25-26 hours the trailer is at 5,1m views. Which is pretty crazy. Usually it's Rockstar, Cyberpunk 2077 and certain Sony exclusives reaching those heights.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
In todays news of "how the hell does this game get bigger all the freaking time"

Turns out you can completely customize your house + courtyard, from replacing the entire house or fence to freely placing new buildings or objects in the garden and furniture inside. Don't really have many items yet though.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Downloading Borderlands 3 via Xbox Live Gold Days on my X to try it out to see how it is.

Deleted member 113

Sigh, I failed the latest legacy elusive target on Hitman 2 :(
And there is no chance to redo this at all...
Sorry to hear it.

You have a way to cheat, and re-do failed missions, if you didn't quit or got killed.

When things go south, and you are about to get killed, or for whatever reason, and you can't re-start (because you already killed your target, or completed an objective), pause the game, and then unplug your internet cable from your PC, wait until the connection drops, the game will display a message saying it lost its connection, and will go back to the main menu.
Once there, connect the cable again, go online, and you have the option of starting the mission again.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Seeing some of the reaction on Half-Life: Alyx announcement I decided to make a video with my thoughts about it:

Personally I don't have a VR headset (and won't get it any time soon because I'm currently jobless), but I don't think that new Half-Life game being a VR-only is a bad thing. It's clear that this is not some half-backed tech-demo, but a proper game that builds around VR features. It's not an artificial exclusive that locked to a different platform for no real reason, and I'm not the one to force creators to make things I want instead of their vision, so I'm not mad about it.
Good video!

Wow, I have never seen such a high quality surprisedpikachu.jpg before! Was it rendered using the new PS5 SSD thing?
It's a combination of SSD, secret sauce and the power of the cloud.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
2 things I think will happen in the near future.

1 - Campo Santo will announce that In the valley of Gods switched engines to Source 2 shortly after the acquisition from Valve, why so? by the look of HL:Alyx, there's a Campo Santo vibe in the visuals that make me think that they switched to the very same engine they were already developing HL:A alongside Valve, would make sense as it would probably make things easier and quicker. ofc this is not a hint nor a tease of any kind, project might be very well dead but, think about it, sounds plausible to you?

2 - The Division 2 will be back on Steam in March, the very deep sales of the game makes me thing that the comeback with a "Year 1" edition or something like that it's the more possible scenario, maybe I'm wrong but, something tells me that it's what will happen. Would also make sense to do this as now that more third parties are expanding into multiple services, they would like to do the same, even with their subscription service a la EA Access on Steam. We will see in March.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The marketing blitz for next gen consoles is shaping up to be so lame. Talk of load times and 4K is gonna put people to sleep. Same thing with HDR or promise of higher framerates. They are gonna have a hard time forcing people to give up their PS4s and X1s if they don't blow people away. Having full BC will hurt sales a lot too. I wouldn't be surprised if first year sales of next gen consoles winds up being very poor. Especially @ 500$.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
3080ti > PS5

For me next year. Part of the reason is that I will probably just play TLOU2 on my PS4 Pro and I don't wanna subb to PS Plus. I never play online on my PS4 anyways and I don't car efor the free games as I own the majority of them from before.

I will buy a PS5 at some point, but not sure if I will buy it next year.

Reactions: PC-tan

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I have some more personal issues with Sony these days, but inevitably I'm going to have to pick up a system to review the games. At least with MS everything is on PC too these days so I can just grab the controller and ignore everything else...

Reactions: NarohDethan

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
The marketing blitz for next gen consoles is shaping up to be so lame. Talk of load times and 4K is gonna put people to sleep. Same thing with HDR or promise of higher framerates. They are gonna have a hard time forcing people to give up their PS4s and X1s if they don't blow people away. Having full BC will hurt sales a lot too. I wouldn't be surprised if first year sales of next gen consoles winds up being very poor. Especially @ 500$.
HDR seems like such a cluster still. I have a 2080 and a 1440/144hz monitor and HDR is still the only thing that reliably just breaks my games running. I pretty much gave up even testing it when trying a new game. Raytracing works fine, if still being a stab right in the framerate.

I think 4k and 60FPS is probably plenty good for most people, the PS4 wasn't even that dramatic an upgrade over the PS3 for example. I think 4k TVs are still well outside the norm but they are becoming more common. I'm not sure what the hardware / software architecture of PS4 vs. PS5 will be but at this point no backwards compatibility is the expectation, if still disappointing.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
2 - The Division 2 will be back on Steam in March, the very deep sales of the game makes me thing that the comeback with a "Year 1" edition or something like that it's the more possible scenario, maybe I'm wrong but, something tells me that it's what will happen. Would also make sense to do this as now that more third parties are expanding into multiple services, they would like to do the same, even with their subscription service a la EA Access on Steam. We will see in March.
Ubisoft is the one company I could see not coming back at all. They really don't need to, they're like the one case where this clearly worked out for them. They got a big money bag from Epic and drove more people to Uplay. And I honestly couldn't give less of a shit if they didn't. I like their cookie cutter open-world games enough but in more of a "eh it's alright" kinda way. Assassin's Creed is my favorite series of theirs and even that I won't touch until I can get the complete edition for less than 20 bucks.

As for The Division, I was curious and bought the first game during the last holiday sale, just a few weeks before they announced the exclusivity deal. I was a week or so past the window but still managed to get it refunded and I have no intention of rebuying it even if the sequel comes back. :)

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Ubisoft is the one company I could see not coming back at all. They really don't need to, they're like the one case where this clearly worked out for them. They got a big money bag from Epic and drove more people to Uplay. And I honestly couldn't give less of a shit if they didn't. I like their cookie cutter open-world games enough but in more of a "eh it's alright" kinda way. Assassin's Creed is my favorite series of theirs and even that I won't touch until I can get the complete edition for less than 20 bucks.

As for The Division, I was curious and bought the first game during the last holiday sale, just a few weeks before they announced the exclusivity deal. I was a week or so past the window but still managed to get it refunded and I have no intention of rebuying it even if the sequel comes back. :)
As I said, we will see, crazy things happen all the time :D

Reactions: PC-tan

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata

Halo Reach will launch with support for more than 60fps after all (there were rumors that it wouldn't, since there are some issues, but there will be an "experimental" switch day one)

Reactions: DeejayDoom

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
really makes you wonder just how many of their steam buyers went to udontplay ('cause you know basically none of them are using egs, lmao)
I doubt their numbers were as impressive as they were claiming, definitely. Funnily enough, the quality of the games probably didn't help there (I liked The Division 2, but it's very close to the original and lots of people probably dismissed it based on that, and Breakpoint sucks according to all the poor souls who got suckered into buying it). The game that seemingly did best is the one they trusted the least (Anno, probably because it has a very loyal fanbase, which they milked with the EGS/Uplay move). Doubt too many legit buyers went the EGS route.

Status
Not open for further replies.