Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Just had a thought, that maybe valve's new found outwardness is thanks to Campo santo? They were always good at stuff like that.
Yes and no, let me explain, both Campo Santo and Valve have been pretty active on social media (Twitter in my case) as workers have always been talking with people, getting feedback, doing their stuff, etc... Campo Santo might have helped them to comprehend why a good PR movement is necessary, however, why starting using the Valve account now and not when it was created back in June? Half-Life reveal, that's the moment when they started using the Valve account seriously, not only that but they also connected all their accounts at once (Steam, SteamVR, Underlords, CS:GO...) and HL:Alyx represents a new era for the company.

Valve¡s account will probably be used for big things (new games, new hardware, BIG steam changes...) while their satellite accounts will still be used for their main purpose, each one for what they were created.

I don't really think Campo Santo was the reason for this but most likely another push in the right direction.

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
I should work on finishing The Outer Worlds today. Then again, I just finished my last playthrough obtaining the most boring, filler looking quest. Vague but clear spoiler for those that have played the game :
It involves armors.
If it’s the quest I’m thinking of, it’s the only one if that game that I saw the description and thought “Nope, not worth my time” and skipped right over it.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
This could be interesting.
The game looks interesting, but after around a day since the start it seems not to have many backers.
Why? Is this because people have been burned by previous failure kickstarters. Or people are afraid that there is a risk that Epic money hats it?

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I'm really happy that the Steam Awards added the time limit for the game's release date. It wasn't just last year but every year the lists are full of games from the past five years, and commonly the same games would crop up over and over. I get that everyone doesn't play every game released in a single year but when you have Rocket League nominated and winning awards across all three years they've run the awards that's just ridiculous. And there's plenty of others either winning across years or nominated multiple years.

In the end The Steam Awards are probably the awards I give the least credence to for anything so it really isn't that big of a deal but it'll at least be less annoying looking at them and grumbling about games from previous years.

Deleted member 113

I thought I had posted about this game before, but I'm not finding it.

I have been following an "old school" RPG by the name of Call of Saregnar for some time.
The game is still some ways off, but the developer recently released a new trailer, do check it out if you like the genre:

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I mentioned this before and it starts to piss me off. Since around Tuesday i have to hit reload A LOT to see all comments in Steam's discussion threads. Often only just the first comment is displayed. Does it work fine for you guys?
I also have this problem, I'm in the Beta.
Also got this bug- I've already liked these in the friend's activity, but everytime I reload it it's like no one has.

Then I click it again and it shows up like it should do.

Deleted member 113

There's been some cool Chinese games released on Steam in the last couple of years.
While checking GuJian 3 I came across another cool looking Chinese RPG, one that apparently had an English translation announced last year, but with no new news since then, it may not materialize:

For those curious, check the Steam community screenshots, the game is visually pretty good.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
There's been some cool Chinese games released on Steam in the last couple of years.
While checking GuJian 3 I came across another cool looking Chinese RPG, one that apparently had an English translation announced last year, but with no new news since then, it may not materialize:

Yeah, Faith of Danschant looks greats. I hope it stills get a translation.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Here's a sneak peak at some of December's releases

Building and Sandbox

Puzzle, Rhythm, Board games and Casual

Shoot'em-up & Twin-stick shooters

Action

Adventure

Simulation & Managment

Strategy

Card Games

Virtual Reality

Horror

Point & Click, Visual Novels, Text Adventures and FMV

RPG

Platformers and Auto-runners

MMO

Stealth

Shooters

Fighters

Management

Shovel Knight expansions

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Superhot VR is really cool.

It's also going to be the reason I break my controllers.

The way it displays achievement popups is really, really cool. It's written on a sticky note that floats down in front of you.. You can even throw it at an enemy, because why not.

Deleted member 113

Can someone help me remember the name of a recent game?

There's a game on Steam released this year (may be an Early Access title) in which you are a killer, and you have to kill people without leaving any clues.
It was a sort of mix between an adventure game, with some puzzle elements (at least from screenshots it appeared to be).

I seem to recall the developer being Asian.

Any ideas?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

There's a game on Steam released this year (may be an Early Access title) in which you are a killer, and you have to kill people without leaving any clues.
It was a sort of mix between an adventure game, with some puzzle elements (at least from screenshots it appeared to be).

Any ideas?
Serial Cleaner?

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Speaking about December, any guesses what the line-up for the first month of Hamble Choice could look like?
I imagine they'll try to bring out the big-guns especially for the first few months.

Reactions: Deku

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Just had a thought, that maybe valve's new found outwardness is thanks to Campo santo? They were always good at stuff like that.
Honestly it's probably because of Kaci Aitchison. She worked as a host on the DOTA Internationals and was recently hired full time by Valve.
I'm pretty sure a lot of PR stuff before her was handled by Doug Lombardi, who doesn't exactly seem to be very modern in the way he handles PR.

Reactions: Mor and Le Pertti

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I thought I had posted about this game before, but I'm not finding it.

I have been following an "old school" RPG by the name of Call of Saregnar for some time.
The game is still some ways off, but the developer recently released a new trailer, do check it out if you like the genre:

That looks amazing. Is exploration freeform though? In both the trailer and the previous video showing a town it could just as well be on preset paths the way they follow the road and its turns. I hope it's free movement like Wizardry 8 rather than almost like Bard's Tale and similar (even if it's without the "step" motion).

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden

Any ideas?
Lakeview Valley?

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
What BGE thinks Widescreen resolution is

What Widescreen resolution should look like

Edit- wait the game got a new update in october that apprently fixes widescreen. Gonna test that out later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milena and lashman

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I'm still playing Fallen Order and I just went through a section that was basically Tomb Raider with a lightsaber... it was even in a tomb, extremely linear and not very inspired. Can't say I liked it much. I was really enjoying the game up to that point, I hope it goes back to the previous formula now.

Deleted member 113

Serial Cleaner?
Lakeview Valley?
Thanks, but it's none of those. :)

I remember it having a similar style to Serial Cleaner, but it's not about cleaning crime scenes.
You actually kill people. I believe the game has an "adult" rating on the trailer, but it wasn't on Steam's adult section.
And, it didn't appear to be graphic, the rating was because of the game's theme.

I'll search around some more.

That looks amazing. Is exploration freeform though? In both the trailer and the previous video showing a town it could just as well be on preset paths the way they follow the road and its turns. I hope it's free movement like Wizardry 8 rather than almost like Bard's Tale and similar (even if it's without the "step" motion).
I believe it's free-form.
Although you are right, the movements on a few videos almost appear grid-based, but not quite.
Like this older video:

Reactions: lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, that's the one I meant. I mean I'm sure you can look around freely (as you can in the bard's tale remasters) but hopefully it's free movement like you say.

Recrees

Dec 31, 2018
Czechia
I remember it having a similar style to Serial Cleaner, but it's not about cleaning crime scenes.
You actually kill people. I believe the game has an "adult" rating on the trailer, but it wasn't on Steam's adult section.
And, it didn't appear to be graphic, the rating was because of the game's theme.
It doesn't exactly fit the description you posted above, but maybe it is the game you are looking for anyway? It seems to share quite a few similarities.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Didn't really intend to start playing through Dark Souls 3 again, but after finishing Demon's Souls a few weeks back, I got the itch to get farther. Definitely was an interesting feeling getting invaded for once! Definitely feels a little easier having just played Demon's, though...

Deleted member 113

Can some familiar with key re-sellers, or Chinese stores that sell keys, help me out with something.

Earlier this month I bought a game called "Anonymous Letter :Prowler / 匿名信:隐匿者".
I discovered it was actually part 2 of a series, and part 1 was already on Steam.

I've been meaning to purchase the first game since then, and a few moments ago I was about to purchase it, when I discovered it was removed from Steam earlier this week.
For some reason, several games from this publisher were "banned"/removed from the store, but I can't find any information as to why.

I'm trying to get my hands on that first game.
It's called "匿名信:失心者 / Strayer"

Here's the SteamDB page:

Is there any place that is selling keys for this game?

If anyone can help me out obtaining a Steam copy, I would be grateful.
It sucks owning the 2nd game, and not owning the first one (that starts the story; it's apparently a direct sequel).

thanks

Reactions: Wok

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I mean most of souls games are really only hard when you run through them the first time and maybe second time. I got pretty far in Demon's but dropped it mainly because of healing grass. I really hate farming and WoW ruined that for me near that time.

Deleted member 113

if they were indeed booted by volvo - the keys won't work anymore
That sucks. :(

A day or two before it was removed, I had it in my basket (the game cost less than €2), and now it's gone.
I'm left with the sequel, missing out on the first part of the story.

Has anyone heard about what has happened?
It's not that frequently that several games by the same publisher just "vanish" overnight from the store.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
The game looks interesting, but after around a day since the start it seems not to have many backers.
Why? Is this because people have been burned by previous failure kickstarters. Or people are afraid that there is a risk that Epic money hats it?
I think it's not easy to communicate the concept, also the comparison to RTS is probably off and they should have just gone with "strategic racing" or something like that as RTS is associated with command of armies/units. People could also just be wary that as cool as it may sound on paper maybe in practice it's just not very fun for a racing game, kinda like Onrush wasn't most people's cup of tea. Also as good as it looks and as hard as I'm sure they worked to achieve all this, I have to say it doesn't have a very cool or unique personality, to some people it might just look like knock off Hot Wheels or TrackMania. I do hope it takes off.

Also did media post about it? I just found it while twitter crawling because it has VR support so they had added the #virtualreality or #vr hashtag that I check.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I also have this problem, I'm in the Beta.
Also got this bug- I've already liked these in the friend's activity, but everytime I reload it it's like no one has.

Then I click it again and it shows up like it should do.

I always wondered who was playing Let it Die and buying it's stuff

lashman add me on Steam

I picked up some PS4 games for Black Friday I am not sure why especially since I will not be playing them anytime soon

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

For those curious, check the Steam community screenshots, the game is visually pretty good.
Ah, I remember a thread in Era back then, it was 2 years ago already! Translation seems unlikely at this point.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

I think I'll buy this in a few days.

Edit:

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The Outer Worlds is down. I already said this, it would have been a better game with a real game in it. And, as also already said, for all its faults, I have much sympathy for it.

Now can you backup Gamepass save data ? I suppose not ? Will MS keep my fucking save in the cloud ?

Reactions: Ibuki and madjoki

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Why not FOREVER!?!
I was very tempted to say something like that. Not saying do not browse elsewhere, not saying do not post elsewhere either, but why do people keep banging their heads on some moderation wall like that ?

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I was very tempted to say something like that. Not saying do not browse elsewhere, not saying do not post elsewhere either, but why do people keep banging their heads on some moderation wall like that ?
Nah, I would be happy to see everyone here more often, multiple options are always good, exclusivity no.

Status
Not open for further replies.