Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The game that seemingly did best is the one they trusted the least (Anno, probably because it has a very loyal fanbase, which they milked with the EGS/Uplay move).
fairly certain the vast majority of the sales for that game were on steam

Doubt too many legit buyers went the EGS route.
yeah, probably not

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Division 2 seems to have had the opposite trajectory of Div 1, which started off badly with many complaints, bugs and so on but kept improving and growing. Div 2 got great reviews, I was having fun, everyone was having fun, and then pfffff......

Ubisoft is the one company I could see not coming back at all. They really don't need to, they're like the one case where this clearly worked out for them. They got a big money bag from Epic and drove more people to Uplay.
It's certainly not because of no Steam but their financial numbers they reported a short while ago were disappointing and they delayed all upcoming games. Something like that can quickly lead to thinking about exploiting all available revenue sources including going back to the ones that go abandoned.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
oh, they absolutely will ... i just don't think it'll be next year ... it'll take a few years before they give up ... just like EA did (although ubi won't take THAT long, lol)
It's certainly not because of no Steam but their financial numbers they reported a short while ago were disappointing and they delayed all upcoming games. Something like that can quickly lead to thinking about exploiting all available revenue sources including going back to the ones that go abandoned.
Yeah, they'll probably be back sooner or later. I just meant that if one company was going to stay away then my money would be on them. But it would be kind of amazing if even Ubi came crawling back as soon as they're allowed to. It would really speak volumes about how the EGS is performing.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
How did you guys like Gears 5? Thinking about buying it with a friend.

Any other co-op stuff to do after the main story? Ultimate edition is just multiplayer DLC right?

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I still haven't finished Division 2 story. :cryingwhyblob:

There are far too many busy work compared to the first game, I'm burned out already in the middle. I could ignore most of those and focus on the main missions, but my inner completionist wouldn't let me.

Reactions: Li Kao

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I keep forgetting that I got Division 2 with my GPU... ah well, the first game wasn't anything special anyways.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Looks like the they removed the tweet.
no wonder - it was pretty obvious :p

but you can still go see Theswweet's thread for all the details:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
really makes you wonder just how many of their steam buyers went to udontplay ('cause you know basically none of them are using egs, lmao)
I literally rather buy ubi games (at a discount ofc) on xbox rather than mess with uplay if only because they dont support paypal here

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So what is the status with GOG 2.0?

Has it been improving? Since I have not really heard many of you talking about it.

Also I feel sorry for the FFXV dude. I remember him saying in this one video about Half life and how the Half Life team gave him some stuff, I didn't think they existed.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah, they'll probably be back sooner or later. I just meant that if one company was going to stay away then my money would be on them. But it would be kind of amazing if even Ubi came crawling back as soon as they're allowed to. It would really speak volumes about how the EGS is performing.
oh, they absolutely will ... it'll probably just take a while
My guess is that Ubi is going to bank on the next Assassin's Creed to do well and if that doesn't set the world on fire sales wise for PC I could see them coming back to Steam soon after.

How did you guys like Gears 5? Thinking about buying it with a friend.

Any other co-op stuff to do after the main story? Ultimate edition is just multiplayer DLC right?
I've enjoyed what I've played of it quite a bit. Though I do agree with Kurt Russell and it does have its flaws. Still a pretty good one and worth getting eventually though. Especially for co-op! :)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
My guess is that Ubi is going to bank on the next Assassin's Creed to do well and if that doesn't set the world on fire sales wise for PC I could see them coming back to Steam soon after.
yeah, that's possible ... i definitely don't see the next AssCreed coming to steam any time soon (sadly, since i won't be able to play it)

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Wow. Going back from Demon's Souls to Dark Souls 3, I can totally see why folks were saying the latter had way too many bonfires... certainly seem more plentiful than the previous games!

Reactions: PC-tan

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I should work on finishing The Outer Worlds today. Then again, I just finished my last playthrough obtaining the most boring, filler looking quest. Vague but clear spoiler for those that have played the game :
It involves armors.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I unfollowed Atlus on social networks. They hyping up the release date of a re release is just an insult to the intelligence of their fan base.
Not only that but isn't the game out already in Japan? I could be wrong but they are making it sound like there is "new news" asides from things like if there will be a CE and when the release date is I can't think of why else people would be excited.

By the way up until this point this is the type of VR stuff that people have been seeing

So these are the type of stuff people are being exposed to and I guess this is also what they don't want even though people say good things about them (these are mainly PSVR stuff and not SteamVR/Oculus)

Oclulus stuff

And now I guess this is what is changing some people minds

I will try to buy a PSVR and Valve Index at some point

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018

This year nominations limited to games released after start of last autumn sale. I don't think this was case last year. (Labor of Love excluded)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

This year nominations limited to games released after start of last autumn sale. I don't think this was case last year. (Labor of Love excluded)

It was not the. Case last year. I guess this could potentially lead to more indie games getting recognized in general.

In the past I would have argued that the date didn't matter since not everyone plays a game on it's release date and about what's the game you liked the most in the year.

Reactions: Arsene

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

I guess this is an answer for all the complains from last year about games not releasing last year winning the awards, I can understand this move, tbh, not that I like it but well, it happens.

Reactions: Arsene

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So I played about 1.5 hours of Blands 3 via Xbox Gold Free Weekend and the game is basically more Borderlands with better graphics and new weapons, the gunplay feels good.

Far from as big leap from Blands 1 to Blands 2. Feels like Blands 2.5.

Reactions: lashman and Mor

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So is MetaSteam excited for CitizenCon today?

Squadron42 is like the final piece of big vaporware remaining in the industry.

Shenmue 3 and Last guardian came out before it. Even FF7remake and a new Half-Life will get to see the light of day before Squadron 42 ffs.

Unless ofc they announce today its coming before March lol.

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
I mentioned this before and it starts to piss me off. Since around Tuesday i have to hit reload A LOT to see all comments in Steam's discussion threads. Often only just the first comment is displayed. Does it work fine for you guys?

Reactions: Arsene and lashman

Deleted member 113

Squadron42 is like the final piece of big vaporware remaining in the industry.

Shenmue 3 and Last guardian came out before it. Even FF7remake and a new Half-Life will get to see the light of day before Squadron 42 ffs.

Unless ofc they announce today its coming before March lol.
I haven't really followed development.

I pre-registered for the announcement of the game (so I even got some in-game items as a VIP pass holder or whatever), and I pre-ordered Star Citizen as soon as it was up (before the Kickstarter).

But, this project has been such a mess in terms of how it is being ran, missed dates, and whatnot (nothing new for a Chris Roberts project ;) ) I haven't even attempted to keep up with it.
When it's out, I'll play it.

They do these big events, sell people some merchandise and in-game cosmetics, announce dates, and then when the time comes, the content is delayed by a year or two.

I really have to try to play what's available one of these days (I'm yet to).

Remind me again, Squadron 42 is supposed to come out when (their latest date)?

I mentioned this before and it starts to piss me off. Since around Tuesday i have to hit reload A LOT to see all comments in Steam's discussion threads. Often only just the first comment is displayed. Does it work fine for you guys?
It happens to me as well.

And, worse, I have some page corruption on the store pages, where I frequently place a cursor on something, and it's selecting something well above or below it.

One of the Steam client options (activate GPU something) fixed things for me, but then a few games (like SF V) ran very poorly because of it, so I had to go back to have that off.

Reactions: yuraya and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
yeah, kinda :) it's always cool to see the new in-game videos

yeah, it sometimes does that for me as well ... dunno why

they're probably working on something :p

Reactions: Stevey and yuraya

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Remind me again, Squadron 42 is supposed to come out when (their latest date)?
They said 2020 late last year. But who knows. They put out a really great trailer for it too.

I don't follow any of it at all tbh and only booted up the thing a few times over the years to test out new hardware. Still love to watch their info and video dumps every year. Hopefully we see some good stuff soon.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Just had a thought, that maybe valve's new found outwardness is thanks to Campo santo? They were always good at stuff like that.
But even the Campo team had been radio silent since they were acquired, until Remo posted about the website earlier this week. I want to believe they might cause a seachange in how Valve does media/community relations, but I doubt it (give me Idle Thumbs Gaben dammit! and all if forgiven)

Status
Not open for further replies.