Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I'm always tempted by Sea Of Thieves since there aren't many good pirate games, but I don't know about the solo experience, I don't have friends to sail with :(
The game is structured around co-op play but there is a decent amount of content you can enjoy more or less solo.
It's not a single player game by any stretch.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Godfall spec sheet said you need a minimum 1080ti for 60fps at 1080p. Im in the "starting area" so it that area might be more optimized, but Im getting 70-125 fps on a 1080 at 1080p.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I saw something realize how much big publisher makes on Steam. Absolutely ridiculous amount. Then I saw (unnamed biggest console) equivalent and wonder why even bother (though I guess consoles are front loaded which could explain)

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I saw something realize how much big publisher makes on Steam. Absolutely ridiculous amount. Then I saw (unnamed biggest console) equivalent and wonder why even bother (though I guess consoles are front loaded which could explain)
Our eyes are filled with such joy for the great performance and yet somehow I feel like we aren't considering something :persevering-face:

• Hug
Reactions: madjoki

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Link?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
see some of these XIII remake reviews

Am i alone in remembering the original game to be kind of crappy? Decent story adaptation of XIII, but Duchoveny did his usual sleepy-VO that he does for any game he's in, and the controls on PC were crap. My hopes weren't high for this

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Which is it A or B

A) Publishers make 30+ million USD off Steam alone (and the port cost way less than $1 million USD to make) while the PS5 version of the game made $700 million USD and at that point why bother even make a PC version and just focus on PS5?

Or actually I think I see what you mean. I mean look at Witcher 3 the PS4 version was the best selling version but over time the PC version ended up outselling it. I do feel that for consoles people typically tend to buy them at launch . Which is why a PC game may only make $10million USD at launch while the consoles version are making $600 million USD at launch just because some of the people that don't buy those at launch are waiting for them to hit $20USD

Reactions: Tomasety and ISee

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm currently on chapter 4 in Yakuza: Like a Dragon and I'm liking it so far. Ichiban personality is growing on me, I was afraid he could be just a Kiryu clone but I was gladly wrong.

I was worried when Ichi started with bullshit bootstrap discourse to the homeless but showing to him how it's not just a walk into a job agency and change of attitude to get a job was good.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
if it was something that could be shared, I wouldn't have had to write very vague description.

Or actually I think I see what you mean. I mean look at Witcher 3 the PS4 version was the best selling version but over time the PC version ended up outselling it. I do feel that for consoles people typically tend to buy them at launch . Which is why a PC game may only make $10million USD at launch while the consoles version are making $600 million USD at launch just because some of the people that don't buy those at launch are waiting for them to hit $20USD
This is more accurate of two. If console weren't far above on launch, I can't see how releasing on consoles would be worth at all. (I don't think the period we saw had any game launches, so that definitely screws towards Steam and makes consoles look way worse than they really are)

Our eyes are filled with such joy for the great performance and yet somehow I feel like we aren't considering something :persevering-face:
but what it could be

Reactions: Mor

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Take-Two to acquire Codemasters? This can't good for racing games in the future...
My imaginations is telling me that there will be a lot of micro-transactions in racing games

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Remember, Codemasters bought some racing studios before this as well. This is probably not going to be great in the long run.
one of them being Slightly Mad Studios which made the Project CARS games

edit: I had no idea that Project CARS 3 was released some months ago. But it got mixed reviews

Last edited:
  • This!

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
PS5 and PC? Sure.
Switch is a good addition to any gaming setup.
But PC and XSX? That's a bit redundant, I thought. Until I realised that game pass ultimate will make switching from one to the other rather a fluent experience. A bit like using different Apple or Google devices in one household. Could be a simple and convenient experience.

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
Take-Two to acquire Codemasters? This can't good for racing games in the future...
My imaginations is telling me that there will be a lot of micro-transactions in racing games

F1 2019 has 112 dlc items listed on steam, Dirt Rally 2.0 is at 44... good chance this acquisition will turn out to be more bad news but Codemasters has already been down that road.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Today I have to decide if I put my money where my mouth is and buy Daemon X Machina. The discount is surprisingly good for a game that wasn't discounted since launch, I could have seen it at 45€.
That being said, 38 is still not impulse buy and they could go on some hardware purchase.
And game-wise, I retried the Switch demo and it's every bit as infuriating to follow convos as in my memory.

Reactions: PC-tan

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Today I have to decide if I put my money where my mouth is and buy Daemon X Machina. The discount is surprisingly good for a game that wasn't discounted since launch, I could have seen it at 45€.
That being said, 38 is still not impulse buy and they could go on some hardware purchase.
And game-wise, I retried the Switch demo and it's every bit as infuriating to follow convos as in my memory.
We are a little over a month away from winter seal where steam offers $5 discount codes

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I hope you like it because I sure did, it's an amazing Armored Core wannabe that has a lot of the team and you can tell by how the game plays, it's AC in all but name and budget.

Here I must say that final combat was really impressive. :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
We are a little over a month away from winter seal where steam offers $5 discount codes
True, true, but again it's a game that was never discounted.
And furthermore I noticed a bizarre trend of games not being discounted during the big sales.

But yeah, it's a probability to take into consideration.

I hope you like it because I sure did, it's an amazing Armored Core wannabe that has a lot of the team and you can tell by how the game plays, it's AC in all but name and budget.
The game has AC dev in the team ? That's cool.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
As a mecha fan I'm really satisfied with Daemon X Machina. It's not Armored Core for sure but it scratch the itch.

Reactions: Li Kao

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
If you're not opposed to Early Access this game has always caught my eye.

Really cheap, goofy and very piratey.

Needs more ship based-gameplay to sell me on being piratey. Based on that trailer anyway. Goofy fun perhaps, but note yar-enough for me :D

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
PS5 and PC? Sure.
Switch is a good addition to any gaming setup.
But PC and XSX? That's a bit redundant, I thought. Until I realised that game pass ultimate will make switching from one to the other rather a fluent experience. A bit like using different Apple or Google devices in one household. Could be a simple and convenient experience.
This way it will be nice having two Ultra Blu-ray players. BC on Xbox is also nice since you get improvements.

Reactions: ISee and Cacher

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, XSX would be a pretty superfluous purchase for someone who has a decent gaming PC, sure. But at the same time, back compat and Game Pass being sometimes better on consoles makes it not totally shit. Pricey, that's for sure.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Someone with a good PC, the Series S might be a good alternative, not too pricey and enables to dip into game pass and exclusive games.
Meh, I won't argue about the value, but as someone with a 4K set, this is a pass.
Which is all the more annoying, because these things are everywhere in France. XSX launch, everything was S.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Meh, I won't argue about the value, but as someone with a 4K set, this is a pass.
Which is all the more annoying, because these things are everywhere in France. XSX launch, everything was S.
Yeah I even tried to buy the S on launch day haha! But it failed also. I'm still eyeing it as Christmas present for myself.

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
anyone with the new xbox controller? i want one (the old one have drifting problem in the right stick) but not sure if works without problems in win10.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The S is sort of weird. It's not bad since there is a market for it. It most likely will be popular with parents trying to buy their kids their first console or something. Since it's only $300USD. You will also get families that will use it as their media hub (the lack of a Blu-ray drive may limit some of the things you can do on it though if you planned to use it for that. Once things start to settle down and more "next gen" games come out and we see the what the S has to offer. With DMCV I don't think the results were impressive or something like that.
anyone with the new xbox controller? i want one (the old one have drifting problem in the right stick) but not sure if works without problems in win10.
I have one and it works wired at least (I have not tried it wirelessly). Also you will need to update the MS accessories app and also connect the controller to your PC to update it via that software. The controller doesn't come with a cable so you will need a USB C cable (either USB C to USB C or USB C to USB A will work)

• Hug
Reactions: PhaZZe

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I can kind of understand the being-fed-up mindset of a satirical article, but even then its pushing it. We all know that the new president is clearly not many people's actual first choice (Sanders :( ) but ranting about it like that when we know what the alternative was is really fishing for things to complain about.

I'd say it's too soon, it hasn't even been a week.

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I have one and it works wired at least (I have not tried it wirelessly). Also you will need to update the MS accessories app and also connect the controller to your PC to update it via that software. The controller doesn't come with a cable so you will need a USB C cable (either USB C to USB C or USB C to USB A will work)
Sorry but you have the old wireless adapter? it works? i own that one and thanks again for the response!

Status
Not open for further replies.