Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
anyone with the new xbox controller? i want one (the old one have drifting problem in the right stick) but not sure if works without problems in win10.
I have one, currently it seems to be basically a xbox one controller. I at least haven't gotten the share button to work anywhere, so maybe it needs a new driver. Paired with my old MS dongle just fine.

• Hug
Reactions: PC-tan and PhaZZe

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
I have one, currently it seems to be basically a xbox one controller. I at least haven't gotten the share button to work anywhere, so maybe it needs a new driver. Paired with my old MS dongle just fine.
Thanks, will buy now a black carbon, it will arrive nov25, thanks local retailer for the 13 usd discount!

Reactions: Parsnip

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
give us the demon souls remake on pc you cowards! its honestly the only thing making me wish i had a ps5 right now while i wait for pc parts to be stocked lol

• This!
Reactions: Prodigy and QFNS

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The Kotaku review is weird, on one hand in general they are not viewed that well by people in general. It feels like they wanted to get into more meaningful news work but just ended up at Kotaku sort of a thing and if they could they would go the Jason route or something. And well at least Jason was able to write some interesting news stuff (investigate work) other than that Kotaku is pretty ehhhh. But yeah I can see where people issue is with this. What the review says are issues and stuff but isn't the article meant to be a hardware review (I don't know the reviews credentials, but I doubt that they are an expert on the subject. In which case the review would be more of "what is it like having a PS5 for an average users prospective" which is what people would like.

There is a time and place for this sort of thing and isn't that called an editorial? Or something where people express their opinions and stuff?

I wish that I had PS+ yesterday I was even trying to add it to my account at the time but PSN was being dumb. When I went to the PSN store to buy PS+ it was just blank links that didn't let me add to my cart (way to improve PSN Sony.....) It's not the end of the world since I just have to wait 2 extra days (and I pay MSRP as well). The downside is I'm getting it Monday instead of the weekend to test it out and stuff and hopefully someone is at my house otherwise I'm sort of screwed..... Dang it wario you should have mentioned PS+ getting faster shipping. That is all.

Also I ended up ordering an HDMI splitter that I will talk about later today since I want to hear if you guys think it's practicale

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Anyone play Griftlands? It has good reviews, but looks like it might not have as much replayability as other card games? I just played the demo for a bit, and the presentation is awesome. The devs took an Epic moneyhat, which is usually blacklist-worthy, but they're a small team so I can't get too excited about that.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020
give us the demon souls remake on pc you cowards! its honestly the only thing making me wish i had a ps5 right now while i wait for pc parts to be stocked lol
After seeing the gameplay footage from streamers, I think Sony can keep this one to themselves. Port the original instead.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

DEATHLOOP is coming to console exclusively on PlayStation 5 on May 21, 2021, and will launch on PC on the same day. DEATHLOOP is now available to pre-order for both PlayStation 5 and PC via the Bethesda.net Launcher (Steam pre-orders will be available soon).
Glad Bethesda is continuing to release on Steam.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I saw this and I was confused about what it meant. From the sound of it originally to me it sounded like it was saying the it does such a good job at it that the Japanese government was actually promoting the game by featuring it on that site as a source of stuff about rice and now I see it's the other way around that the game itself is the one that wants you to view official government documentation about rice growing and stuff

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
I could be wrong but this feels real for some reason seeing how Samsung TV do have Steam link from what I recall.
That would be because it is real and from a Steam Link x Samsung QLED ad in Korea. It's a really good ad!
I just cropped out the subtitles to gif it

• Love
Reactions: PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So here is my plan. For both my PS5 and XSX since they will not have an optic audio port I will need to buy an HDMI audio splitter

This is the one that I am getting (warning huge images)

My PC monitor only has a 1 HDMI port and I think is a 1.4 HDMI so I will only be doing 1080p@60 on it anyway.

So with this I could just connect it to my Logitech G560 speakers via the 3.5 port that both have. But I don't think I would get the best audio experience and I can't really control the audio level this way?

So I plan to connect the audio from this to this

From my understanding this serves as a pre-amp (what ever that is) and so far it has helped me since I can control the audio from my Xbox 360 and OG PS4.

After this I plan to try to use a RCA to 3.5 jack cable and connect that cable

Can you do RCA input to 3.5 output?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So that's Pathless and Bugsnax installed on my PC (yesterday I got Godfall). And then theres is the new CoD tommorrow.

Won't have time to play them anytime soon though it seems. Gonna do Valhalla, Manifold Garden and Kine at least first and maybe some others.

Im not particuarly optimistic about getting a PS5 next week, but I have hope.

Reactions: Prodigy

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I have killed all the seven sins on Digimon Cyber Sleuth and I think I'm going to do the last chapter and finish the game, already have my dream team.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I saw this and I was confused about what it meant. From the sound of it originally to me it sounded like it was saying the it does such a good job at it that the Japanese government was actually promoting the game by featuring it on that site as a source of stuff about rice and now I see it's the other way around that the game itself is the one that wants you to view official government documentation about rice growing and stuff
It's a joke about the rice farming being in-depth enough that real-life rice farming tips apply :steam_cleanseal:

Reactions: MegaApple

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Video Games
Are Art
Not related to this post, and I'm not saying anything against you, Tizoc here, but your post reminded me how I always felt that the very notion of wanting games seen as art is super misguided. Our Western view of art is such bullshit, it all just boils down to the capitalist value of it. If it sells for a lot -> Art. If it doesn't draw a big $$$ value when sold -> worthless shit.

Why are we desperately trying to "legitimise" our medium - one that is already great and getting more diverse each year -- by trying to get some old farts to pat us on the head and say it's "art" or whatever.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Not related to this post, and I'm not saying anything against you, Tizoc here, but your post reminded me how I always felt that the very notion of wanting games seen as art is super misguided. Our Western view of art is such bullshit, it all just boils down to the capitalist value of it. If it sells for a lot -> Art. If it doesn't draw a big $$$ value when sold -> worthless shit.

Why are we desperately trying to "legitimise" our medium - one that is already great and getting more diverse each year -- by trying to get some old farts to pat us on the head and say it's "art" or whatever.
Mostly because many of us have been ridiculed, scolded and bullied because of our enjoyment of games. Therefore in a misguided attempt at filling that desire for legitimacy and validation, many of us want that older generation, our bullies to tell us we were right. Of course, even if they did that - which they won't, because if they were open-minded they would have been the ones to take us to play - I don't think it'd be enough to heal that wound.

You have the right of it. It's something only us can give to ourselves. Screw the opinion of others, we all already know they are art, and as such deeply meaningful things enriching our wider culture.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
BlindRhythm when is your charity stream exactly ? Could someone make a counter ?
I think this timer should be accurate.

And I'll be making a post before the stream starts along with a link for folks.

Thanks for the heads up and getting the word out again though! :photoblobheart:

Edit: Oops.. I think that countdown broke, huh? My bad! Anyway the stream starts in roughly 8 hours from this edit.

Last edited:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Art is the expression of human creativity.
The end.
----

Saw the DF Video about Devil May Cry 5 (XSX vs PS5). They briefly talk about VRR on XSX and show of AC:Valhalla. The game even briefly drops down to 48fps there. Seems like it is suffering from the same micro stutters that the PC version is suffering from.
Interesting, because people are saying that the XSX version is locked 60. Maybe the issue is not as present on consoles as on PC, who knows.

• This!
Reactions: Cacher

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Steam Input API now has support for both new gen controllers, Xbox Series X controller has a more solid support as for right now but while DualSense is only a initial support, it will probably get much deeper in the near future, to be honest, this was expected to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.