Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Hahaha wow! Thats some crazy shit, not sure what to say, so dumb it defies belief.
Not that incredible, Ubi has always held the PC in great contempt. I am not surprised to see them pull a "least effort" here.

Of course they are shooting themselves in the foot, but 98% pirates or something. I guess the competition are the ones that should rejoice.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Achievements for Ubisoft games are now Console Exclusive. WTF. (Valhalla at least)

We can totally confirm code was leftover as this is an official confirmation of lack of Achievements, seriously, Connect as a bridge service might be good, as a PC launcher is really barebones.

Funniest part? Legion had both Achievements and Challenges, they dropped them for Valhalla. No fucking sense.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I usually care about achievements but can't say I give half a crap about them on a launcher I use once or twice a year, if I use it at all... so big 'eh' from me on this.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im considering streaming Godfall later today if I can get my mic working with OBS.

And no I don't have camera and Im not planning on getting one.

Reactions: xxr

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
The way I use achievements on other platforms, is that I want a record which I can move over to Steam once I have the game on Steam. In general I use achievements as a record of how much and how I played a game. I used to store all my save files but now I just care about the achievements.

Its like the old question about the tree in the forest, if the branch breaks and no one sees the achievement did the branch really break?

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium

Reasons on why not to buy PS5
Kotaku = embarrassing, news at 11 😎

I can think of some other reasons for not buying a PS5:

• €80 games
  • paid online gaming
  • no mods or community content/fixes
  • no 1440p or wide-screen resolution
  • no variable refresh rate
  • games aren't optimized for mouse + kb

I hope demon's souls remake comes to pc some day.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
  • €80 games
  • paid online gaming

That's really the thing that gets me. They aren't happy with raising the price for no reason, they are raising it by 20 bucks. That's insane.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
And my CoD review code has arrived. Nice. I liked the MP beta on PC so I think I will play it for a while.

• €80 games
  • paid online gaming

Feels good to have a PC as my main gaming machine, only PS5 for exclusives.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018

• €80 games
  • paid online gaming

I mean, I admittedly didn't read the Kotaku article, nor I plan to because I frankly don't care about PS5 (or Kotaku) but cashing in on FOMO while knowing that you won't be able to satisfy all orders for quite a long while because of slow production due to COVID is a pretty decent reason to despise Sony (or any other company that does that, really) imo.

80 euros games are laughable but, if I'm not mistaken, I think Kotaku was one of the few outlets to make a critical piece about it.

While I don't like Kotaku because I feel they're often too "black or white" in their analysis (they're also often clickbaity as shit), I think most of the hate towards them comes from the fact that they're usually one of the very few outlets to consider gaming (the biggest entertainment industry atm) into a wider landscape and not in a vacuum, and people apparently don't like that.

That said... I expect this to be a terrible gen when it comes to game variety and consumer (ugh) rights... but I'm not really an optimistic person so I might be wrong.

Last edited:

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
Steam Input API now has support for both new gen controllers, Xbox Series X controller has a more solid support as for right now but while DualSense is only a initial support, it will probably get much deeper in the near future, to be honest, this was expected to happen.

Beautiful, I wonder if they can enable adaptive trigger on pc too

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't see why they can't unless the PS5 hardware itself has some sort of special technology that only activate adaptive triggers and haptic feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheTrain

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Demon's Souls standard edition is IDR 1 million on PSN. Meanwhile, Bloodborne + Old Hunters and Dark Souls III Complete are half of that price without discount.

Honestly, it doesn't bode well with their (rumored) future PC ports too.

Reactions: Shahem

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Steam Input API now has support for both new gen controllers, Xbox Series X controller has a more solid support as for right now but while DualSense is only a initial support, it will probably get much deeper in the near future, to be honest, this was expected to happen.

That was quick. I encountered this issue (2 controllers detected in Big Picture Mode, so double inputs on everything) last night on my new Series X controller. In-game ist worked fine though.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018

• €80 games
  • paid online gaming

Paid only save backups too.

But top reason of not buying PS5:

Can't buy because it's sold out waay into 2021 unless you spend 24/7 hunting shops who release stock little by little.

Reactions: PC-tan and Ge0force

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I give ubisoft credit for being willing to try new things in their games. They're usually horribly dumb ideas that don't make any sense,.... wait, what was I arguing for again?
--checks notes --
No achievements on PC on your ubilauncher.... I don't buy into achievements, but good luck with that.

Reactions: Tomasety

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I give ubisoft credit for being willing to try new things in their games. They're usually horribly dumb ideas that don't make any sense,.... wait, what was I arguing for again? checks notes No achievements on PC on your ubilauncher.... I don't buy into achievements, but good luck with that.
Challenges aren't actually new thing, old games had them too (until Ubisoft decided it was good idea to remove challenges from all games other than Legion & Valhalla, maybe some others like Div2 that are actively updated)

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Demon's Souls standard edition is IDR 1 million on PSN. Meanwhile, Bloodborne + Old Hunters and Dark Souls III Complete are half of that price without discount.

Well Horizon was both overpriced AND had shite regional pricing so we already expected that.

• Sad
Reactions: texhnolyze

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Challenges aren't actually new thing, old games had them too (until Ubisoft decided it was good idea to remove challenges from all games other than Legion & Valhalla, maybe some others like Div2 that are actively updated)
It's one thing to have challenges alongside achievements across the board.. It's another to lock one of said 'features' onto the console versions of a multiplatform game for no discernable reason.

• This!

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
For folks that might have missed my last couple posts and for anyone interested in popping in from time to time throughout the day I'm going to give a quick heads up about my stream starting in just about 20 minutes. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I'm taking part in Extra Life this year and will be streaming for 24 hours to help try to raise money for children's hospitals. I don't have a set plan for what I'll play but I have roughly 20-30 games that should hopefully keep things entertaining.

If you would like to check out the stream and/or donate you can do so at either of these links.

Hope to see some folks stop by! I'll probably do a brief intro before the stream starts so stop by a few minutes early for that too. :photoblobheart:

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
For folks that might have missed my last couple posts and for anyone interested in popping in from time to time throughout the day I'm going to give a quick heads up about my stream starting in just about 20 minutes. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I'm taking part in Extra Life this year and will be streaming for 24 hours to help try to raise money for children's hospitals. I don't have a set plan for what I'll play but I have roughly 20-30 games that should hopefully keep things entertaining.

If you would like to check out the stream and/or donate you can do so at either of these links.

Hope to see some folks stop by! I'll probably do a brief intro before the stream starts so stop by a few minutes early for that too. :photoblobheart:
I'll definitely hop to watch I just can't promise I'll be able to pay too much attention as I'm working right now :p

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Considering that DS4 is better on PC than on PS4, it probably can.

1 million IDR for standard edition game is hella expensive. It kills the hype. I bet second hand market will be bigger than now.
and one more:

Thank you for beta testing :evilblob:

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Oh wow, Acti actually sendt me a code for the Ultimate Edition for CoD, didn't expect that.

Acti PR is actually pretty okay. :p Well actually, they've always been very okay, they sendt me review code for Crash 4 on PS4 too on launch, but haven't tried that one.

and one more:

Veery nice.

• Eyes

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

No share button on xbox series x yet, which is probably waiting on MS.
Maybe. Afaik xinput spec is 10 buttons, so they need to extend that I guess and support it through a driver.
Or actually make windows.gaming.input api global, would get access to those rumble triggers too.

• This!
Reactions: Mor

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
:toucan:

AC:Valhalla doesn't support Achievements on PC. Because fuck PC:

Ubi-Baron said:
Hey guys,

Apologies for some of the misinformation I provided earlier in the thread, this was due to a miscommunication.

Achievements are not not available for this title on PC, and this is an intended change.

Instead of Achievements for new games on Ubisoft Connect, instead we have expanded the Challenges, which provide XP and other rewards in Ubisoft Connect.

We know that this is a big change for a lot of you, and we appreciate your understanding in the matter

edit:
At least EGS doesn't have to rush Achievement support anymore... lol
Great cooperation.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
... and on that note - FUCK KECMO ... assholes

Of fucking course. Koei used to use Steam’s suggested regional pricing in Canada so their pricing was reaalllly good here. But starting with Nioh they’re using their own regional pricing now. Of course that means its pricing is awful.

$67 CAD? Lmao okay Koei. Hopefully GMG will have a good preorder discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.