Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Ladies and gentlemen, a full-priced remaster of a PS2 game from lord ATLUS.
The load times when selecting demons are awful. Every time you select a demon in the menus there's a half-second where the game just freezes, which makes rolling for skills far more tedious than it used to be. Beyond that there's just a general lack of polish with the frequent framerate drops in battles (where the PS2 version performed fine), 4:3 cutscenes, compressed music, lack of any new QOL life features (text log, auto-play for the now-voiced dialogue, mini-map) and the removal of existing ones like the ability to soft-reset. It's playable, but for this price it's extremely disappointing. The fact Atlus thinks this is worth ¥6,500 plus ¥2,500 DLC is ridiculous.
PC is our only hope. :coffee-blob:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Going by this video:
I have no idea why this is even remotely interesting to anyone who played the original release on Steam (like I have). It's exactly the same game, at best they just changed a few random assets here and there.
I grabbed it because I thought the remaster was.... well, a remaster, not the same game with even fewer improvements than Crysis. Oh well, I can stick with my physical copy if need be.

What game is this suppose to be for?

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Also Castlevania LOS2, I really liked LOS1 back in the day but the terrible reviews the sequel got put me off. That crazy cliffhanger always stayed in the back of my mind. Is the game really that bad?
I'd say it's better than the reputation. Visually uneven and has a few bad stealth spots, but I enjoyed it quite a lot in the end.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland

6,500 Yen is below full-price in Japan. Will probably be $50 here. Not that it's any excuse for yet another lazy moneygrab job from Fatlus, just pointing it out.

It's honestly amazing how much Atlus gets away with in the eyes of many. People love to bash Western developers for greedy practices, but you won't generally see a Western developer:
1. Release a game.
2. Have a ton of DLC for it.
3. Release a "Definitive" edition of said game for full price on the same platform 3 years later.
4. Have a ton of DLC for said "Definitive" edition anyway.

And people will still excuse all that with some bullshit like "they're a small developer" when they're only 100 people short of Bethesda that's churning out complex sandbox open-world games with huge world reactivity every 4 years and not simple dungeon crawlers with VN elements every 5 years like Atlus does. If Larian can make Original Sin 2 (you know, an actual RPG with different dialogue options and choices that matter) in 2 years and give Definitive Edition for free for all owners of the original, then there's no excuse for any of Atlus' bullshit.

And don't even get me started on their streaming/recording restrictions...

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
About Nocturne :
I think I read there is DLC ? What is it ?
Emulation, emulation, wasn't Nocturne famous for borked shadows ? Now having looked at a stream of the first 10 hours of the game, can't say that shadows are particularly impressive anyways in the remaster.

About modern life :
My 4K TV wants to be updated.
My ipad wants to be updated.
I don't want to update anything !

Consequently, my 4K TV cut the ethernet and my ipads nags at me every time I use it.

So I ask you, who is boss ?
brb, updating :disappointed-but-relieved-face:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

I'd say it's better than the reputation. Visually uneven and has a few bad stealth spots, but I enjoyed it quite a lot in the end.
Castlevania LoS series is at best middling
Some good stuff and bad stuff in their design, but imo its bad stuff really hold it back :(
I still think they are worth playing tho, due to their visual themetic design and the combat is nice if a bit janky at some points.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
About Nocturne :
I think I read there is DLC ? What is it ?
Emulation, emulation, wasn't Nocturne famous for borked shadows ? Now having looked at a stream of the first 10 hours of the game, can't say that shadows are particularly impressive anyways in the remaster.

About modern life :
My 4K TV wants to be updated.
My ipad wants to be updated.
I don't want to update anything !

Consequently, my 4K TV cut the ethernet and my ipads nags at me every time I use it.

So I ask you, who is boss ?
brb, updating :disappointed-but-relieved-face:
The paid DLCs are Dante (who replaces Raidou) and music packs from other SMT games.

As for shadows, the lighting is completely different in the Remaster since apparently the original one was coded specifically for PS2 hardware.

• Love
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao
Dec 5, 2018
I thought Atlas was putting out good re-releases, or was that Sega putting in the leg work?
The only Atlus remasters I ever tried were the old ps1 games on psp (that i tried on an emulator) and soul hackers which were fine (and added some QoL improvements).

The paid DLCs are Dante (who replaces Raidou) and music packs from other SMT games.

As for shadows, the lighting is completely different in the Remaster since apparently the original one was coded specifically for PS2 hardware.

You reminded me of this post I saw some months ago:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
There are not just performances issues. From the little I watched some characters have wonky lightning and one of the boss was... shaking ?

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Castlevania LoS series is at best middling
Some good stuff and bad stuff in their design, but imo its bad stuff really hold it back :(
I still think they are worth playing tho, due to their visual themetic design and the combat is nice if a bit janky at some points.
Yeah, overall the series is almost good. I even liked the middle one once it was came to platforms that can hold a framerate.
Though the more time passes the better my memory of the games are.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I think my new existential question is : will XSEED / Marvelous ever put Daemon X Machina on sale.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Free for the owners of the original games?
The press release confirmed that yes, it's free for original owners.
All current owners of BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 on Steam and GOG will receive BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut for free.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Free for previous owners?! :O
Yay... check my library and realise that I own neither of the games :(

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Off topic:

Okay, I have a question regarding PayPal. If I order something and pay via PayPal and I don't get what I "ordered". How easy is it to get my money back from PayPal?

Found a promotion for google nest audio + google nest audio mini + six months of Spotify premium for 99€.
This must be fake.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Off topic:

Okay, I have a question regarding PayPal. If I order something and pay via PayPal and I don't get what I "ordered". How easy is it to get my money back from PayPal?

Found a promotion for google nest audio + google nest audio mini + six months of Spotify premium for 99€.
This must be fake.
When it happened to me I called paypal gave them the info and usually I got my refund, they tend to side with the buyer anyway from what I know, but in my experience it was extremely easy both times I called them

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
  • Sad
Reactions: ISee and lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I keep looking for available RTX 3080 and PS5 stock basically twice a day these days and I can never find any. So far only one shop (CDON) has PS5 available for pre-purchase, but doesn't arrive until february and I don't know if they take money the second I put in an order so I won't bother. Shops don't even let people pre-purchase the GPU or PS5.

Of course now that I have so much more money that I can use of entertainment after getting a part-time job on the side of my studies (the lack of social events means more disposable income for me), what I want to buy isn't even available.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Ghostbuster is such a great game and sequel to the movies. Multiplayer on PS3 was ton of fun. I suspect it in the end killed my PS3 HDD because the multiplayer mode froze the console so many times you had to power it off by force 💩

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Ghostbuster is such a great game and sequel to the movies. Multiplayer on PS3 was ton of fun. I suspect it in the end killed my PS3 HDD because the multiplayer mode froze the console so many times you had to power it off by force 💩
what was the multiplayer on ps3 like? as a pc only gamer at the time, I never got to try it out

Built in proper gamepad support? Yes please, the originals on gog were bad for that. Might give the 2nd game a go through GOG then, since i never could beat it due to the sloppy controls

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Looks like I actually own three Bloodrayne games on Steam. Maybe I'll play these new versions if they are good.

Also Valve really needs to paginate the profile games list, or something. Do massive wishlists also take forever to load since that's not paginated either?

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I hope that camera tilting can be turned off. SRB2Kart has a mod that adds a similar camera, and it can make some people sick.

Wow, the lowest pledge to get a game is 25 dollars. Weird.

Here's another kickstarter coming soon:

Reactions: Tizoc
Status
Not open for further replies.