Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Lets take a look at FPS this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

The Stranger VR

Scifi shooter in VR with tons of weapon upgrades. Try and fight the waves of machines in a fucked up world.

The world was nearly destroyed by machines from parallel dimension 3000 years ago in a great battle which the ancients called The Rift War. Now what left of mankind lives underground and only with the genes of our commanding Lord Fathers can reach the surface and fight to reclaim our land... They call these people; Strangers.

The Stranger is an Epic Games Megagrants awarded, very intense VR combat game made by 3 people that sets in an incredibly detailed exotic world. You are the Stranger of your generation. You are alone in a hostile world. All you have are your weapons, your protective suit and your courage.

Perilous Warp

Perilous Warp is a 3D action/focused shooter in the vein of Doom3 or Unreal. Move, gun, and have fun.

Looking for real immersion into the roaring nineties? Perilous Warp is here to fulfil your dreams! Go to the graphics options ("Settings" → "Graphics" → "Advanced Graphics Settings") and choose one of the Retro Mode presets. Now you can paint walls with pixelated blood, just like in the good old days. True oldschool fans should also enable 8-bit/11kHz audio in the sound options.
The Story>
2047 a.d.
Within a distant stellar system, astronomers find an Earth-like exoplanet. It turns out that a composition of its atmosphere is similar to Earth's, and it could be suitable for humans. However existing space technologies do not allow reaching the planet in the near future.
2049 a.d. A meteorite consisting of an unknown mineral hits the Earth. Its shape and internal structure suggests that its nature is artificial, so it is probably a fragment of some extraterrestrial object. Attention of scientists is drawn to extremely unusual properties of the crysterite, as they called the mineral: it can create "warps", or hyperspace rifts. The first teleporters have been constructed, and then, a bit later, an experimental hyperspace engine for an insterstellar spacecraft. However it is one of a kind, due to extreme shortage of crysterite. Thorough search for the precious mineral is immediately initiated. Finally, traces are found in an emission spectrum of the exoplanet discovered two years ago. There are no doubts in the decision to send an expedition to the planet.
2050 a.d. A spaceship equipped with the hyperspace engine, with scientists, builders, security guards, necessary equipment and materials onboard, makes its way to the planet, to found a colony. People successfully land on the planet, build a base, discover crysterite mines and start their development. Six months have passed according to a plan, the first shipment of the mineral is about to be sent back to Earth, but suddenly the communication with the Colony has been interrupted.
The immense crysterite amounts at the Colony resulted in vast teleportation network throughout the base - but it was not the case for Earth. The only physical connection with the colony is an emergency input teleporter; the output counterpart is located at the Colonial base. Its low capacity only allows sending a small amount of vital cargo... or one fully equipped soldier - you.
You, as an experienced space marine, get an important task: go to the exoplanet through the emergency teleporter and find out what has happened to the Colony. Most likely you also have to find the spaceship - a fortified citadel - and try to reestablish the uplink. You don your favourite armour, take your trusty army knife, and bravely step into the teleporter with the desire for glorious adventures.

Due Process

A PVP tactical shooter where new maps come every week to mix up the game. Plan ahead but learn to quickly adapt in the harsh encounters.

Fresh maps make Due Process great. Levels are built in-house via a procedurally assisted level generation process and are delivered weekly via steam update, which means you won't be playing on the same stale level. Our level designers edit each level before it goes out and are constantly trying new concepts.

Teamwork starts with a goal. Discuss your strategy over voice chat, and use the planning phase to draw up a plan of attack. Deploy your assets wisely over the course of three rounds, as anything fielded from your armory won't come back if destroyed or lost.

No plan survives first contact. The plan is a start, but you're going to have to think on your feet and coordinate with your team when things go awry. Getting your teammate to open fire to cover your footsteps just might secure you the element of surprise.

Ziggurat 2

The sequel of one of the more interesting roguelite FPS is now in Early Access. Take the big variety of weapons and interesting enemies and go back to the Ziggurat.

Ziggurat is back, and now it's even better! Use powerful weapons and spells to break through hordes of enemies and explore laberynthine dungeons in this hectic roguelite FPS, while you improve your skills and discover new equipment. Will you be up to the task?
As a member of the most powerful magic order, your task is to protect humanity from the forces of evil. Face hordes of enemies and powerful Guardians in epic and dynamic combats. Keep an eye on elemental resistances and vulnerabilities to maximize your efficiency, and earn experience to level up and learn powerful perks that will help you reach the end of the dungeon in one piece.
Ziggurat 2 focuses on fast paced combat and constant movement, in which mistakes are paid dearly. You'll need dexterity, reflexes and resource management skills to have a chance of survival against the dangers hiding in the shadows, and manage to come back safe and sound.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Man Everquest 2 was so good, with it"s plastic look, loved it.:D
The graphics were always kind of weird, even at release, but I legit enjoyed the hell out of EQ2 once they patched it a bit. Probably was my favorite MMO until Rift came along.

Yep, I can't even see my full account information right now. It doesn't really explain why their support links go to the wrong locations if it's only payment segments but maybe it's broader than that.

I suspect support will not be able to complete the purchase for me with the discounts so I'm assuming I'm just SoL. The dumbest part is I even had enough Steam Wallet funds, wasn't even trying to use a card, and they still couldn't process it.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Is there a mod for the PC versions of FF6 and FF5 that inject the original SNES sprites into the game?

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Let me tell you a story about my gaming habits since the start of the year:

Playing Minecraft for hundreds of hours while having a Factorio lets play on the 2nd monitor
---> desire to play Factorio intensified
--> "let's just play a little"
-> Plays Factorio and abandons Minecraft

Playing Factorio for hundreds of hours while having a Wurm Online Stream on the 2nd monitor
---> desire to play Wurm Online intensified
-> Plays Wurm online while simultaneously playing Factorio

Playing Wurm Online for hundreds of hours while having a WoW lets play on the 2nd monitor
---> desire to play WoW intensified
-> Plays WoW while simultaneously playing Factorio and abandon Wurm Online because sub lapsed

Playing WoW for a decent amount of hours while having a Hearts of Iron III Black Ice lets play on the 2nd monitor
---> desire to play HoiIII BICE intensified
-> Plays BICE and abandons Factorio and WoW (xpac starts in a month)

Playing BICE for a decent amount of time while having a Jagged Alliance2 1.13 lets play on the 2nd monitor
---> desire to play JA2 intensified
-> downloads JA2 1.13

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

[UWSL]>Pushes up anime glasses[/UWSL]

Well if you listened to me in the past then you would already know about this (by the time that I am posting this people already pointed some of this out) Nippon is getting its own version (its own .exe). The first time around Japan didn't get DQXI on PC but this time around SE is finally bring the game to PC so that is pretty cool. As far as the changed go, that is something that I am not to sure about. Because different store listings could point out to difference in the game (I guess that price and sku stuff could also be controlled differently as well this way, later on I will check to see if SE has DQXIS as part of their SE.jp Steam keys) having a different SKU at least means that they can put in on sale at a different time then the other version and stuff. That is a possibility is it not? Okay so this part doesn't really have any merritt.

So I tried the demo and oh boy.... I mean it "looks" okay at maxed settings but dang it just "feels" amazing. I was having a hard time playing at 60fps at max settings at 1440p but here at max settings with 1440p I'm getting over 100fps on average. Sometimes I even get 144fps.

Going back to Sony the reason that I bought them up before was because I was watching this one video and in that video they talked about Sony doing product placement in Hotel Transylvania 2. They have vaIO computers and Sony smartphones. So I looked up vaIO and that's is where I saw that they sold the vast majority of it in favor of mobile and stuff. Also @moon I have seen that MKBHD video before and that's why I mention that they kept doing down year after year.

Sony makes some really good stuff but who are they trying to sell it to? Years ago I was thinking of getting a Sony phone but I don't think I did since they are just too expensive. If you want a Sony phone then you will have to play over $900USD. My One+ 7t only cost about $500USD(I think it was on sale?) And that is more than enough for me since my phone's tend to last around 3 years. If they made more budget friendly phones and improved their marketing they would be more popular. I mean in the US one of the big names for $300USD phones is motorola, I would have gone with a Motorola for my new phone but the newest version would not be out for another few months so I just went with the One+ after the Google Pixel 4a didn't work out (was it the 3a or 4a??)

Back in the day some of the best budget friendly phones that you could get were the Nexus line of phones.

Look at Sony headphones they make some of the best $20USD headphones on the market, I use to use cheap stuff like JVC gummies which cost $10USD and would break within a month, but the $20USD Sony over head headphones would last me 3+ years, my next pair of Sony headphones which cost me about $60USD lasted like 4 years.

Anyway that is all for now

Reuse last game's asset. Call it 'Classic costume'. Genius,
I see that Japanese companies have embraced the whole "wishlist us on Steam" slogan. And I guess they would have to seeing how PSN no longer has them

rate my joke

• Toucan
Reactions: Xclash

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Well if you listened to me in the past then you would already know about this (by the time that I am posting this people already pointed some of this out) Nippon is getting its own version (its own .exe). The first time around Japan didn't get DQXI on PC but this time around SE is finally bring the game to PC so that is pretty cool. As far as the changed go, that is something that I am not to sure about. Because different store listings could point out to difference in the game (I guess that price and sku stuff could also be controlled differently as well this way, later on I will check to see if SE has DQXIS as part of their SE.jp Steam keys) having a different SKU at least means that they can put in on sale at a different time then the other version and stuff. That is a possibility is it not? Okay so this part doesn't really have any merritt.
I looked into it this morning and discovered that the Japanese text of DQXIS is exclusive to Japanese region, while the global SKU does not include Japanese text. Thus the two SKUs. Tbh, I am not sure why so many publishers refuse to include Japanese text into localized games, like XSEED, Ghostlight or VN publishers like Sekai Project. Or maybe it's the fault of the original licensor holders? I would have bought some of their localized games if JP text is included.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
So it looks like DQXIS downgrade is real, but it's not as bad as we originally thought. Most jarring one is grass density, but I wonder if it can be fixed by tweaking .ini files. Other than that, it's mostly the same. Textures like rocks are more brown-ish, but the look similar, and character/monster models are identical.

That said, I still won't buy it though. Screw them for not offering upgrade paths for OG owners.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
It's all bad amateur mistake development from Square so I bet it honestly couldn't be merely patched up, by their own fault granted. They made the 3Ds 3D + 2D version, with a separate PS4 version like a full remake, then they made the contract with Nintendo for the extra stuff on a Switch version that would be based on the PS4 version but didn't actually make that content for the PS4 version and then downgrade/time it for the Switch release but instead worked only on the Switch base which had forked off already with its own quirks and now that's getting ported over to the rest rather than work to upgrade that stuff and insert it in the original PS4 base and fix that up to be on par in the rest ways. It's a huge mess! They should do a 50% discount for owners so you pay 20 for the additions, but I don't think it should be a patch, the versions should be separate entries in the library regardless, you'd definitely have people complain they can't play what they bought on day one as it was and as they prefer this or that aspect of it any more, since it really isn't just a patch over it either. Something like that. Hopefully they improve their multi platform development and overall development to say, how Capcom treats that stuff or something. Edit: oh, DMC5SE.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Since hardware can put in such small form factors again. Would love me to have some new Amiga like computers!:D I mean its so big it probably could house a decent gpu and everything. And yeah give me one of those retro monitors also!

Like give me something like this, but with modern hardware and not that bulky of a monitor but same style but bigger and good.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Remember when I shared a private email I had with Saber's PR confirming that there were no plans for Steam releases at the moment? well, I guess that was a lie :evilblob:

1 month later!

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Remember when I shared a private email I had with Saber's PR confirming that there were no plans for Steam releases at the moment? well, I guess that was a lie :evilblob:

1 month later!

Going by this video:
I have no idea why this is even remotely interesting to anyone who played the original release on Steam (like I have). It's exactly the same game, at best they just changed a few random assets here and there.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

1 month later!

Maybe they didn't lie. According to Steamdb the app was published 21 days ago.

Even if they didn't lie they could have emailed you with a new reply to let you know about the change of Steam release state.

Reactions: MJunioR

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Ooh, how I wish this kind of payment methods becoming a standard for most PC launchers and console ecosystems.

I may actually buy more games if so. But alas, we're just some dirty peasants from some corner of the world, and these companies don't need our money.

I've mailed a Valve CS regarding this some time ago, as well as Gaben himself. But nope, no response so far. No time for dirty peasants.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
So it looks like DQXIS downgrade is real, but it's not as bad as we originally thought. Most jarring one is grass density, but I wonder if it can be fixed by tweaking .ini files. Other than that, it's mostly the same. Textures like rocks are more brown-ish, but the look similar, and character/monster models are identical.

That said, I still won't buy it though. Screw them for not offering upgrade paths for OG owners.
I bought DQ11 twice, once on Steam and the DE on Switch. I'm half tempted to do another playthough using the Game Pass version, but I've got so many other games I'd like to play through that I don't know if I want to invest the 90+ hours.

1 month later!

I wonder if that means Saber will eventually put World War Z on Steam (and more importantly, Snowrunner when its exclusivity contract ends). I know they were really bullish on Epic about a year ago and didn't seem overly interested in putting any of their games on Steam.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I wonder if that means Saber will eventually put World War Z on Steam (and more importantly, Snowrunner when its exclusivity contract ends). I know they were really bullish on Epic about a year ago and didn't seem overly interested in putting any of their games on Steam.
I guess so, at the very least the ones that seem to be coming are Ghostbusters and Crysis remastered (leaked via document in which confirms denuvo for Steam version) about WWZ and Snowrunner.

Well, let's see, WWZ is still putting things in with the season 2 and there's still a switch port to be released, I think the game will come at some point once the content is done, for Snowrunner I guess it's just a matter of 12 months but we will see.

Reactions: Arc

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
those screenshots are great, how the hell can you possibly make such a mistake?

~
also, yeah, i also hope for good news from the US today. i know the republicans have nasty systems of voter suppression in place everywhere and cry foul/play the victim whenever they dont miraculously get 100% of the votes, but even despite that, I hope that Americans are not ignorant enough to repeat their mistake(s .... since they did re-elect Reagan and Bush, after all...).
And again, you can dislike Biden all you want, but I think anyone with quarter a brain will see that between the two choices the incredibly flawed American "democracy" offers you, he is the better candidate by a metric ton of country miles.

btw, especially hope for good news since Austria has been hit by a terrorist attack last night, fucking hell. Kept me up half the night, following the news... I dont live in Vienna, but have some friends and family there (I made sure they're safe and sound).
It was a really harrowing thing to happen. Here of all places. We have this aura of "nothing can happen here" and nicknamed ourselves "Insel der Seligen" - island of the blissful. We feared this could happen here too, eventually, but you're never fully prepared for such a shock.

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
those screenshots are great, how the hell can you possibly make such a mistake?

~
also, yeah, i also hope for good news from the US today. i know the republicans have nasty systems of voter suppression in place everywhere and cry foul/play the victim whenever they dont miraculously get 100% of the votes, but even despite that, I hope that Americans are not ignorant enough to repeat their mistake(s .... since they did re-elect Reagan and Bush, after all...).
And again, you can dislike Biden all you want, but I think anyone with quarter a brain will see that between the two choices the incredibly flawed American "democracy" offers you, he is the better candidate by a metric ton of country miles.

btw, especially hope for good news since Austria has been hit by a terrorist attack last night, fucking hell. Kept me up half the night, following the news... I dont live in Vienna, but have some friends and family there (I made sure they're safe and sound).
It was a really harrowing thing to happen. Here of all places. We have this aura of "nothing can happen here" and nicknamed ourselves "Insel der Seligen" - island of the blissful. We feared this could happen here too, eventually, but you're never fully prepared for such a shock.
I'm a really glass half-empty kind of person. I want to see Trump flushed down the toilet but I can't help have this foul taste in my mouth at who is going to be at the helm, who is going to set the standard for the next four years. This is going to be - hopefully - who sets the level of the political discourse. I hope the US will get someone better than Biden after this because hell, what a scumbag. He would never have had a shot if not for Trump, in my opinion.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Oh wow just learnt that Logitech had to name itself Logicool in Japan because there's a company called Logitec already.

I found out because one of the artist I found through FAKKU posted a brand new Logicool keyboard

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

1 month later!

Right after giving it away for free too
I already played the original Ghostbusters game in the beginning of the year. Do I want to play the remaster? I don't think so. The game wasn't that fun :p
Didn't the original have one of those awful DRMs that only allowed you to install the game 5 times?

Status
Not open for further replies.