Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

Oof.
Yeah I saw that too and just figured "why be surprised?" If you release a sequel to a joke game on an unpopular platform, you probably shouldnt expect it to perform super well. Some games, like Surgeon Simulator are really just a throwaway gag for most players (and Youtubers/streamers, of course), and developers should realise that when they think "should we make more of this?" (of course, maybe there is more to Surgeon Simulator 2, but I honestly cant be bothered to read up on it)

PC gamers are sending the message that VR is not the future.

At least not until you can get a VR set for $50 or less.
It's not a surprise when games with a limited audience don't win popularity contests. Whether it's VR, a CRPG, or a Grand Strategy game, it doesn't matter how good they are.
Also, you need the space. VR really gets going when you can move around freely. Coupled with the high prices for the headsets makes VR a hard sell, even when there's cool games.

Just finished Resident Evil 3 remake. I did like it a lot. I know it is a short game but for that's a plus, I hate when games drag for too long.
I really liked it too! And it can be replayed several times with higher difficulties, yielding unlocks, and tempting you to get better times/ranks. But even if you discard that completely, I think its just a fine, short game. I know a lot of people disagree though, and that is completely fine.

Some more recommendations, I'll post some more later, but for now
Don't tempt meeee. I bought too much already.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Yeah I saw that too and just figured "why be surprised?" If you release a sequel to a joke game on an unpopular platform, you probably shouldnt expect it to perform super well. Some games, like Surgeon Simulator are really just a throwaway gag for most players (and Youtubers/streamers, of course), and developers should realise that when they think "should we make more of this?" (of course, maybe there is more to Surgeon Simulator 2, but I honestly cant be bothered to read up on it)
I guess the Epic money wasn't enough to save the company?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
It seems MS and EA somehow missed the memo that you're not supposed to go so deep with your discounts anymore and I am here for it.

Seriously, can't remember the last time I've had a cart like this. No one tell them.
Some are cheaper than Origin

I question math Origin uses, with lower base price than on Steam (by 9 cents), same discount percentage, somehow costs more.

Bundles are good deals too (both EA&MS), The Sims™ 4 Deluxe + Cats & Dogs Bundle is 17€, while Cats & Dogs DLC is 20€ on Origin (and Steam).

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019

I (finally) picked up Atelier Ryza during the sale - I'm anticipating being the one to review Ryza 2 for RPG Site, so I figured now was as good a time as any to get through the first.

I'm only about 4 hours in, but I can totally see how it was this one that really broke out into popularity. As funny as it is to say it was the character design that drew people in - and I'm sure that had at least some impact - the game itself is very charming, and a ton of fun. Before this I'd played Ayesha - and I'm halfway through Escha & Logy - but I must admit that Ryza is immediately fun to play, while the earlier games are definitely more of an acquired taste.

Definitely gets my thumbs up for folks trying to get into the series, at least so far!

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I will admit that i dont play VR that much since i played Alyx. I often think about firing something up but then think about how ill have to move all my furniture out the way and dig out all the wires and plug it all in and i go meh.

I look forward to a few years time when the tech has improved to be lighter, wireless and less faff.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I have 11k points I don't know what to do with and this somehow still feels like a waste of them. And I actually spent money leveling up badges. What is wrong with me?
I had 54,000 points so I just bought the level 20 badge. Am I doing it right?

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Regarding Bloodborne:

There's an insider on ERA who got his/her info verified by mods. Sonys acquisitions of Bluepoint is done, but they are apparently waiting to announce the acquisition when the next remake has been announced which is apparently pretty far along, maybe announcement at TGA, but the insider don't know.

This makes the question, is Bloodborne a remake instead of a remaster or did the insider mistake it or get it wrong and it is a remaster or the person/peeople providing the insider info got the info wrong that BB is indeed a remaster? Or Is BB actually a Remake or if Bluepoints project is not BB, is someonee elsing remastering/remaking BB?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
For the Steam awards, what's a good VR game to nominate?

I can't choose Alyx for some reason, even though it's possible in the other categories.
huh, that's weird ... maybe try clearing your cache ... or try in a browser ... it worked for me

I question math Origin uses, with lower base price than on Steam (by 9 cents), same discount percentage, somehow costs more.
math ... not even once

• This!
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Just when the feverish hype was dying and I had made peace with the fact that I haven’t bought a PS5, it dawned on me that every Yakuza games are on it. And Judgement.
:confounded-face:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I didn't play all that many games which released this year, but after some hemming and hawing I ended up with a list I'm pretty happy with:
I remember you were praising Ori 2 a lot, so makes sense.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Regarding Bloodborne:

There's an insider on ERA who got his/her info verified by mods. Sonys acquisitions of Bluepoint is done, but they are apparently waiting to announce the acquisition when the next remake has been announced which is apparently pretty far along, maybe announcement at TGA, but the insider don't know.

This makes the question, is Bloodborne a remake instead of a remaster or did the insider mistake it or get it wrong and it is a remaster or the person/peeople providing the insider info got the info wrong that BB is indeed a remaster? Or Is BB actually a Remake or if Bluepoints project is not BB, is someonee elsing remastering/remaking BB?
The Bloodborne rumours never had anything to do with Bluepoint, it was QLOC working on it. Me wrong

Last edited:

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
So I've just finished the Steam Autumn sale list I left pending since yesterday and I thought I would do another list with "Mostly Positive" games as well since I saw many games that might be worth to get.

The [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Mostly Positive[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] lowest recorded price list on Steam store (Autumn 2020).

In bundle:[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]5 [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle:[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]0 [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle:[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]1 [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle:[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]0 [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle:[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]1 [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle:[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]1 [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle:[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]4 [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle:[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]0 [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle:[UWSL][UWSL]0 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle:[UWSL][UWSL]13 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle:[UWSL][UWSL]11 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle:[UWSL][UWSL]1 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle:[UWSL][UWSL]6 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The Bloodborne rumours never had anything to do with Bluepoint, it was QLOC working on it.
Didn't InquisitorAlex say in his rumor that Bluepoint is working on it and QLOC is helping out on the PC version? Or is QLOC handling both PS5 and PC versions?

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
The Bloodborne rumours never had anything to do with Bluepoint, it was QLOC working on it.
Jeez, not QLOC.
They may have done good with Dragon's Dogma and Tales of Vesperia, but they butchered Dark Souls Remastered.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Didn't InquisitorAlex say in his rumor that Bluepoint is working on it and QLOC is helping out on the PC version? Or is QLOC handling both PS5 and PC versions?
My bad, I remembered that poorly. I blame that god forsaken thread merge.

Anyways yeah it was supposed to be a remaster with Bluepoint/QLOC working on it. I sincerely doubt its the other Bluepoint remake.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Continuing from my last post

How you gonna live on the same sphere of existence as me and NOT own any of these lovely classic compilations? They may not necessarily be the best emulation but hey, they're as legal as it gets.

^A rhythm-centric action game. All about the timing of attacks and defending/blocking enemy attacks. Visually it is passable and for a $1ish it is worth checking out if you're interested.

Interesting mix of platforming and PnC with a good dose of British humor.

Hand of Fate is a rogue-like style game where the deck of cards you choose will determine what adventure you will go on. There's lots of replayability to clear harder challenges and to get all cards in the game to experience the various stories to offer, and all presented with the wonderful performance of Anthony Skordi as the Dealer. If you've not played a rogue-like before, this might be one to try out since its rules are simple which involve random equipment and bonuses (or debuffs!) applied as you progress through a quest.

A simple strategy rpg where you battle on hex based grid and move units around to take down opposing mobs. Simple and quick and easy to get into with a simplistic presentation.

Nonagram/Picross style game with a humorous story.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
No, Bluepoint was always Demon's Souls, Qloc was BB

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
So Blue was always Demon's + a second remake project and QLOC is handling the PC and PS5 version of Bloodborne alone?
I don't know about the PS5 version, but IIRC the rumor has always been

Qloc - BB PC
Bluepoint - Demon's Souls
??? - BB PS5

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Regarding Bloodborne:

It's really confusing. I don't think a fully fledged "remake" of Bloodborne makes sense. A relatively cheap remaster will do on PS5 + PC just fine.
What we seem to know from many people here and elsewhere is that Bloodborne PC is real. Is it really a remaster or simply the OG version we can't be certain though.
TGA would not be a bad place to announce it.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Guys, 3080 is smooth as butter, just played a bit of HZD (as it can be demanding as hell) and OH BOY those frames :blobeyes::blobeyes::blobeyes:

Perhaps they are working on a remake, but the pc only gets a port of the original game? I suppose Queen would have told us if she was testing a remake.
I think it makes more sense that the PC version is considered some sort of "remaster" by unlocking the framerate (or eliminating the framepace), giving a few little touches here and there, and call the day. Remake sounds weird in general, why would a game from 2015 need a remake? but this industry is weird as hell with words and choices so bloody god knows.

• Hug
Reactions: Shahem and PhaZZe

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
It's really hard for me to see the Saudi crown family acquiring anything as a positive thing :/.

In a more positive light, games like Sakuna and Falconeer doing well really makes me hopeful!

On Elite : I've put it on hold. I just can't take the grind even when I'm pretty much at its end. The gameplay is just a tedious collection of un-enjoyable, disconnected minigames with no depth whatsoever. Travel feels like it happens in a different space from the rest of the game due to its bullshit instancing MP and FSD/"jump" design. Despite its 128-bit positioning, I feel completely disconnected from the world and even my ship as a result. What little of it I see is made samey by the meh cockpits and the flight model is just a chore without any joy whatsoever. There's just so little content to enjoy in general.

I'm tired of running after arbitrary carrots that don't really matter to me when I get them and that game's obsession with making progress bars fill up has thoroughly fed me up. What difference is it going to make that I get a corvette? It's going to be more of the same. That game never delivers on the promise of awe and freedom and joy of spaceflight because space is empty, planets are poorly-detailed and every station in the game is based on a variation of a handful of models.

I think that game really, really misses the point and joy of spaceflight with its corner-speed flight mechanic neutering any hope of proper physics or enjoyment. Thruster capabilities are driven by arbitrary rules rather than physics, so it never feels like flying. I wish it had been more I-war 2 or House of the Dying Sun than this. It's not even more balanced in any way in MP because people still joust and circle each other and all the usual pitfalls while chugging down shield cells, because contrary to popular belief FD hasn't found a good formula. They juiced it up a lot with good sound design and there's a lot to be said for how they convey the mechanics of it, from the UI to the main thruster VFX, but the core of it, in my experience and opinion, is rotten.

Also, the idea that this flight model is good from a visual aesthetic standpoint falls on its face quickly when people fly FA off, which, surprise, enables them to move in ways that are more space-like and feel completely un-intuitive given that ships still have a very clear back/front design. Also has the problem of mav thruster VFX not being visible from afar, meaning no visual source/language to explain the ship's motions. Finally, Frontier has released an AMA recently during which they stonewalled their community so shamefully that... Yeah. I have zero confidence or faith in them to fix anything about any of those fundamental problems. So for now, I'm done. I tried, I really did. About 80 hours clocked in, I think that was a fair shake.

Anyway, I'm going back to looking for a good space game to scratch my pewpew itch. SW:Squadrons seems to have poorly-implemented M&KB controls so that one is out. I guess Falconeer is going to have to tide me over! That game can get so zany it's unreal.

You guys also make me wonder about WL3. I gave up on WL2 because of a stuttering bug, but should I try to finish it again? Does the third game depend on knowledge from events unfolding in the second?

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
What next ? Kim Jong-Un buying Square Enix ? I know money has no morality, but could people not sell their business to murderers ?

edit
57 billion dollars for fucking SNK ?

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
57 billion dollars for fucking SNK ?
Yeah, that is a lot. I read "million" at first. lmao

Edit: Actually, it is 190 million dollars, or 160 million euros.

Otherwise, Jeff Bezos (183 billion USD) would only be able to purchase the equivalent of 3 times SNK by selling all of his Amazon shares.
It would not make any sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Li Kao

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Downloading Gears 5. I did play 1&2 (maybe 3) back in the day.

Is the story important for me to know going into 5? I only really remember the basic premise - aliens attack earth, big burly men chop them up with chainsaw guns.

Reactions: MegaApple

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
My nominations this year :
(I wish I could nominate Hades in more categories)

Speaking of, I also (rightfully) praised Hades.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
This is sort of weird in a way. One on hand (and one of the comments even says this) millions is millions so yeah that could be considered to the masses with over 5 million units being sold and stuff. But also 5 million is not even 5% of total PS4 units sold so that is a very small rate of players. But at the same time most of Sonys AAA titles that they love to boast about so much only end up selling around 10 million units on average I think which is roughly a 10% of total PS4 units (but when you ignore people with multiple PS4 units then the number would actually be higher). So I guess that they don't need a huge adoption rate in order for it to be something that they still support?

The main thing that I'm curious about with PSVR that I'm not sure Sony even talks about is specific game sales. I think they said that they have sold over 20 million PSVR games. Which would be maybe 4 per person (the number may actually be a lot higher) which is decent? So how many units do PSVR games sell on average? How many units has Astro Not sold? How many copies has Blood & Truth sold? How many copies has Iron Man sold? (I may potentially pick up the Iron Man VR set for around $350USD this year). I remember at one Point when QVC was selling a $200USD PSVR bundle for just $80USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.