Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Gotta admit there are some good deals this sale.

Doom Eternal for 20$
RE3 for 20$
Metro Exodus for 16$
NNK for 15$
NNK2 for 10$
Black Mesa for 10$
Thronebreaker for 9$
Dead Rising 3 for 9$
Evil Within 2 for 8$
Sonic Mania for 5$

Now to decide if I actually want to buy and play any of these games :coffee-blob:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
My Steam Awards nominations. Hard choices for sure, most of the games I enjoyed greatly weren't actually of this year (though I managed to slip a few in because they launched on Steam or got out of early access this year). I might still edit them again, some I really had no idea what to set and chose randomly.
Sucks you can't set for goty one you already set for the categories so you have to think up another to replace it (ie I had Yakuza for the story rich one initially).

Last edited:

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020
Wonder if anyone has any general recommendations for a filthy Souls fanboy for this Steam sale. Not from a gameplay perspective (because I'd really rather play the originals than a half-passable clone), but from a worldbuilding, polish, attention to detail, art direction and atmosphere point of view. Doesn't need to be obscure, as long as it's good.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Wonder if anyone has any general recommendations for a filthy Souls fanboy for this Steam sale. Not from a gameplay perspective (because I'd really rather play the originals than a half-passable clone), but from a worldbuilding, polish, attention to detail, art direction and atmosphere point of view. Doesn't need to be obscure, as long as it's good.

Cool seamless world and fun combat. Though not for story and stuff, that's just there (not too intrusive or awful). Has its own spin, not as Souls-like as accused, more Castlevania-like in that you acquire cool powers and shit to progress to all new areas you couldn't get to rather than just get keys/switches/beat bosses.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Vampyr has some elements of Souls series. The important thing to keep in mind is that you can upgrade when you go to sleep, so before doing so make sure all surrounding NPCs are not ill or at high healthy condition.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Is Wasteland 2 DE worth a playthrough or should I just jump into 3? I tried it for some min on game pass and liked it, but I haven't played 2 yet which I own.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Hollow Knight and Nioh are the best Souls clones imo. HK for the world building atmosphere/mystery and Nioh for the punishing/addicting gameplay.

Also check out The Surge. It starts a bit slow...but after 5-10hrs it gets kind of good. Haven't played enough of Surge 2 to say the same thing but it also started off very slow.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I usually put them in the Metroidvania genre but some folks likes to classify them as Souls-Like

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Working on my home exam, got 24 hours, so most of my day is practically this.

Yes, in that order.
This was me working with unity camera and player control only to learn that Cinemachine exists after a day and a half of failing to get it written by hand

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Hollow Knight and Nioh are the best Souls clones imo. HK for the world building atmosphere/mystery and Nioh for the punishing/addicting gameplay.

Also check out The Surge. It starts a bit slow...but after 5-10hrs it gets kind of good. Haven't played enough of Surge 2 to say the same thing but it also started off very slow.
I'm not expert on the matter but I believe that Sekiro and Code Vein are also good souls-like games (2nd is anime thematic tho if you don't mind that aspect).

You could try checking games by "Souls-like" tag either on GameDataCrunch or Steamdb

Reactions: MegaApple

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
the Debut Collection Badge will be removed from the Point Shop on December 9th @ 10am Pacific. This is your last chance to level up your Debut Badge.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018

I have 11k points I don't know what to do with and this somehow still feels like a waste of them. And I actually spent money leveling up badges. What is wrong with me?

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020

Cool seamless world and fun combat. Though not for story and stuff, that's just there (not too intrusive or awful). Has its own spin, not as Souls-like as accused, more Castlevania-like in that you acquire cool powers and shit to progress to all new areas you couldn't get to rather than just get keys/switches/beat bosses.
Vampyr has some elements of Souls series. The important thing to keep in mind is that you can upgrade when you go to sleep, so before doing so make sure all surrounding NPCs are not ill or at high healthy condition.

I usually put them in the Metroidvania genre but some folks likes to classify them as Souls-Like

Perhaps I should have worded it differently. I'm not necessarily looking for something that worships Dark Souls' art direction or lore or combat style or anything of the sort. I'm looking for something that gives the same sort of feeling as a first playthrough through Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls, that sort of adventure in a dangerous world with well thought out level design and enemy placement and a coherent directorial vision. It doesn't necessarily need to have the same grimdark story as Dark Souls or the same kind of gothic inspired medieval fantasy aesthetics, or really even be a game about medieval combat at all. I know it all sounds very vague, but it's the best way I can describe what I like best about those 2 games. Hell, it really doesn't even need to be an action or RPG as long as it has that kind of feeling of a world with secrets to uncover and challenges to overcome, and a good enough sense of art direction and game design to back it up. Hollow Knight does look like the kind of game that fits that criteria though so I'll definitely be picking that up.

Reactions: MegaApple

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

I don't like that fact they are removing the debut badge. I wanted to keep it leveling up so this is something I quite don't like and less understand. I don't have the consumer power of a horse to buy many games and get enough points to level it at max which was something I set as a challenge for myself in the long distance future :(

On a positive note I'm planning to do another post of games which might be good to buy on this sale.

• Love
Reactions: Echoes
Status
Not open for further replies.