Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Pretty cheap month for me, for a change. I'll probably only get Möbius Front 83.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
And as always, great OT lashy!
Nice thread btw.
Great new thread! 😀
and as always thanks for the thread @lashman .
Thanks @lashman ❤
Nice thread @lashman ta very much.
thanks a lot, everyone :blobhug: you're the best! :D

I probably do need Steam Threads back in my life
yes ... yes, you do! :)

added ... congrats! :D

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
The overall "[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Very Positive[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]" and "[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Overwhelmingly Positive[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]" rating games list with historical lowest price during [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Halloween[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] sale on Steam Store

Filters applied: ≥ 50% discount ≥ 500 reviews

In bundle[UWSL][UWSL]0 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle[UWSL][UWSL]3 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle[UWSL][UWSL]1 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle[UWSL][UWSL]4 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle[UWSL][UWSL]2 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle[UWSL][UWSL]9 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle[UWSL][UWSL]6 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle[UWSL][UWSL]5 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle[UWSL][UWSL]9 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle[UWSL][UWSL]15 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle[UWSL][UWSL]6 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

In bundle[UWSL]0 [/UWSL]times

In bundle[UWSL][UWSL]11 [/UWSL][/UWSL]times

Reason: Added "in bundle "x" times" info
Last edited:

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
My PC running Ghostrunner at 1440p 144Hz:

My PC running Ghostrunner at 1440p 144Hz with DLSS turned on and set to Performance:

Amazing what it does. Think I will now try to use it with Raytracing. Had that turned on at some point but it took the framerate to the forties. Then again I only have a 2070 Super

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The amount of games I have finished this year has suddenly totally killed my interest in finishing more games. I've tried starting on a few games yesterday and today, Outer Worlds, Yooka Impossible Lair, Divinity OS 2 and even continuing to play Manifold which I started on a few days ago which is pretty great, but I have zero interest. So far I've finished 98 games this year due to the pandemic and it's a miracle despite the vast majority being 1-6 hour games. I even tried to play Journey which I now is great since I played it on PS4 a few years ago, nope, no interest.

Only thing I wanna play now are roguelikes, Rimworld, Factorio, Satisfactory, etc. simply games that cannot rally be "finished".

So the only games I hope I will have an interest in finishing for the rest of the year is Valhalla (10th nov), John Wick Hex (4th dec) and Cyberpunk unless it get's delayed again. I honestly don't care if CP2077 get's delayed again, it releases when it releases. Well I actually never cared when the game got delayed the first time either.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The overall "[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Very Positive[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]" and "[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Overwhelmingly Positive[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]" rating games list with historical lowest price during [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Halloween[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] sale on Steam Store

Filters applied: ≥ 50% discount ≥ 500 reviews
Thank you so much for doing this. I had no idea a game like 'Dude, Stop' could even exist and the trailer was a journey in itself :p.

I also can't recommend The Final Station enough.

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
My PC running Ghostrunner at 1440p 144Hz:

My PC running Ghostrunner at 1440p 144Hz with DLSS turned on and set to Performance:

Amazing what it does. Think I will now try to use it with Raytracing. Had that turned on at some point but it took the framerate to the forties. Then again I only have a 2070 Super
You mean in first case supersonic 1000 fps and in second meditative 0 fps?

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
New thread looking good. I'm gonna need to go find my spelunky 2 achievement cause I'm pretty sure I did that.

Excited for Yakuza this month. Also thanks for the birthday wishes all. Gonna celebrate by maybe playing some Hades and then dying a lot more in Spelunky 2.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I'm done with both my Muv-Luv replay and with Shadow of Mordor, I think I'll jump into Robotics; Notes Elite now, since I'm wfh again for a month and I feel like this is the perfect moment for wordy rpgs and VN

QFNS

Nov 18, 2018
Here we go. Add me to that list!

This is not that hard to do once you learn a couple important strats and give it some practice! I think lots of people could get this one!

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Yay, new thread! Thanks, lashman!

Managed to finish Ni no Kuni 1, Doom Eternal TAG & Amensia Rebirth last week. Currently finishing up Pumpkin Jack.

All set for the games I'm looking forward to play in November. Prodeus, Sakuna & Yakuza 7. Poor wallet. though. :blobclosecry:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
And after 88 hours, that's Assassin's Creed Odyssey done. Its writing is a disaster, but everything else works so well.

Don't think I will touch Valhalla anytime soon though. Odyssey was enough Ubisoft for me, probably for a long while.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Here we go. Add me to that list!

This is not that hard to do once you learn a couple important strats and give it some practice! I think lots of people could get this one!
Yeah its pretty easy. You dont even have to do the full course. I saw the challenge and went back to try it and it took me 5 minutes lol

QFNS

Nov 18, 2018
Yeah its pretty easy. You dont even have to do the full course. I saw the challenge and went back to try it and it took me 5 minutes lol
The hardest part for me was realizing you could do some sneaky bomb throws to save like 10+ seconds. I watched one video, saw them do it, called myself a dummy for not thinking of that, then did it in about 5 tries after using that strategy.

Reactions: Arsene

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
By the way so in 2014 Sony sold off their computer business and still own about 5% of it (vaIO) they were not doing that good and had to do restructuring. I think by this point SCE (later named SIE) was one of the few profitable portion of Sony.

One of their plans was to just ditch PCs and instead focus on mobile...... Oh boy that did not work in their favor at all. Year after year their mobile division has been doing worse and worse and worse. This year alone I think they have sold less than 1 million phones world wide. Even in Japan they have less than a 10% market share. Samsung has something like 6% market share there.

You also see some companies like Konami entering the PC space.

But then again I think that's Sony's VAIO line was targeted at high end business class stuff. And not students, not gamers, and not at the low end spectrum of the market and stuff. They were mainly going after business people and stuff like that, were there was already a lot of competition. Before they sold VAIO they were even doing some stuff with it being able to do some stuff with a PS4 like remote play (this is before they eventually just made the Windows app available for everyone, they did the same with their mobile app, prior you could only rite play in Xperia phones).

In a weird world were in addition to the PS4 Sony keeps the VAIO business and even makes a new line dedicated to students (I think in Japan even in 2014 and such there was not as high of a laptop adoption rate compared to over seas and even those that did have one were using a MacBook).

On a someone related note to that how have PC hardware sales been like because of Covid? Did they shoot up from people working from home and stuff? Would they have made more money from VAIO this year because of Covid compared to Xperia?

I was going to say some more stuff but I lost my train of thought.

Oh yeah Apex in just a few days!!!!!!

Also I was able to get both the Lifeline and Bloodhound editions of the game!!!. I was able to get the Lifeline from Best buy for just $10USD. I got the bloodhound one for $7USD form GameStop (on clearance). They both comes with Origin codes and each include $10USD worth of in-game currency and some exclusive skins. So for under $20USD I got a pretty good deal and also I can use this stuff on the Steam version of the game!!!!
I'd say get to the back of the line
Where does the line start?
------

Something that was happening between 2010-2014 was that there was a decrease in laptop sales. I can't recall about desktop sales though. I guess that people thought that tablets would just outright replace computers and stuff because of the iPad. I am not sure how tablets are doing now (for all I know they could in reality be doing all time high in sales and stuff) but they did not end up replacing laptop (which evolved into Ultrabooks) and smartphones just ended up getting a lot bigger and faster to the point that you really don't need a tablet. I've thought about getting a tablet and stuff but I have not really had a need to. The last one that I purchased was a Nexus 7 all the way back in 2013. Since I don't go to my school campus to do school work I have not needed to get another laptop, the last one that I got was a Surface Pro 3 back in 2016 or so. What if I get one of those new VAIO Ultrabooks? They are just under $2kUSD.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISee and TioChuck

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Been hearing some good things about Visage. Might need to give it a try; although I don't think a 15+ hours horror game would make for a enjoyable experience overall.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Sony's VAIO line was targeted at high end business class stuff.
(Hardware)Sony is good at engineering and they are making good products. Their biggest problem is their lack of marketing and their inability to communicate. I bought one of their laptops over six years ago (before ps4 launched). It was an awesome piece of tech: An Ultrabook, made from carbon fiber, with 8h+ runtime, a modern i5 of the time, 4GB of RAM (plenty six years ago), 512GB SSD, awesome display, awesome speakers, and the best part: It was just 1 Kg and only cost 900€,
Easily the best Laptop I ever owned, till today. But nobody knew it existed... I stumbled upon it because of a random reddit post.

(I only replaced it last year, because the soldered-on memory died)

It's the same with their phones, they had some good ones. I was searching for a new phone recently and it didn't even cross my mind to check on Sony. I've forgotten that they are still making new android devices... :shrugblob: No communication = no awareness.

But for business Laptops? Concentrating affords against the ThinkPads and Co. of the world? Typical rushed, arrogant Sony decision. First you need to build a lot of trust and market awareness. A LOT.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I actually considered Sony phones last year when I was buying a new one, but app compatibility with their ultrawide devices wasn't quite there at the time and I got spooked away from them.

Apparently, this year, with the advent of many different form factors for phones, app developers have built in more flexibility for screen size, resolution and aspect ratio so it's less of an issue. If I were to buy a new phone in 2020, I'd definitely consider the Xperia line because the screens are supposed to be nice, it has hardly any bloat in its Android implementation and the build quality is insanely good.

But ISee is right, awareness of them is low - you need to really research your devices for the Sony line to even come up. If you're only giving it a cursory glance to see if there's something better than Samsung or Google Pixel devices, you probably won't even realise Sony make phones. I'm not sure how they even cut through at this point.

Reactions: ISee

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I had a Sony phone and I was pretty happy with it. To be fair though, the reason I chose it was basically that at the time it was almost the only option for getting good specs in a relatively compact form factor.

Reactions: ISee

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Wow, this looks amazing. I've never had any experience with the Pi before, but how usable is it? I'm thinking about getting one for my WFH needs, including lots of typing, conference calls, and some light design work with Canva and/or Photoshop.
What does WFH mean?

Anyway, Raspberry pi is not a highend computer where you can do photoshop work. I don't even think Photoshop is available for Raspberry Pi

Reactions: ISee and texhnolyze

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
They are good for emulations, but I think they still have a long way to replace home/work computers. Although I haven''t used a pi as a work computer yet. So I might be wrong here.

If you can work in Linux environment, then you can give it a try.

• This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: ISee and Tomasety

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020
Sony are a little bit of a weird brand outside of Playstation. As an audio enthusiast they’re generally regarded as a borderline legendary company in the personal audio space. Headphones like the MDR-R10 are considered to be vintage relics and go for upwards of 4 to 5 digit sums depending on serial number (which is important due to a running change that affected the tuning midway through the line). From a modern perspective, earphones like the ones from the IER series (the most expensive of which retails for $2000) are considered some of the best on today’s market, not just because of sound quality but because of raw engineering and technical innovation. In addition you see Sony at the forefront pushing new connector standards like the 5pin 4.4mm system which functions both as a balanced (two signals per channel plus ground) and single ended connector (one signal per channel plus ground). So outside of Playstation? Sony’s audio division at least is actually kind of a great brand.

But man do I really not like Playstation. Between the Cell bullshit with the PS3, the 8GB DDR5 of PS4 and now the SSD of PS5, it’s almost like a haphazard, misleading and clumsy attempt at being as technologically forward as they are in other fields. It’s a strange parallel to draw and leads me to believe that the different divisions of Sony are perhaps really quite divorced from one another.

• This!
Reactions: PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.