Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
It is funny how there are first-person memories, viewed from the perspective of Keanu Reeves. And he is actually in the main protagonist's head.

Like here, smoking in the background, while that other dude talks about him. I think there is potential for an interesting story, albeit targetted at teenagers (Matrix, Fight Club, etc.).

Edit: And there is French voice acting. Nice.

Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
The popular Steam curators are mostly memes. And then there are these which look legit but feature weird coincidences.

Setting up a fake curator with bot subscribers looks like a good way to receive free games.

This are the F** THAT F** THE GREAT TOOLS :persevering-face:

As you know, I love to do conceptual things for Steam design and mostly user engagement tools, well, something happened.

This from September 28

Today... Well, well well :blobeyes:

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I'm so torn on the Capcom thing. The info is so good but I feel so bad for them, not only employees also had their info compromised alongside all this but these would have been such cool announcements assuming everything is true.

Fuck it I'm buying everything Capcom-related on my wishlist next sale just because of the possibility of Dai Gyakuten Saiban coming west.
On the positive side of not being able to get a PS5 this year:

• Makes me have to wait to get Demon's Souls, meaning by the time the console is in stock a PC version may be announced or heavily rumored
  • Less chance of launch problems
  • PS5 games will be on more sales next year (I hope at least)

I thought for myself "Well back to PC gaming" after I missed all the shots for a PS5, but I realize that DeS is the only game I would have gotten asap, so when I had finished DeS the console would dust down again until Miles and Sackboy went on sale or Ratchet releases.

I guess having a massive PC backlog is a good thing during these times. Helpes me cope with the lack of PS5.
Its for the best.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Why is that? Blizzard/Activision is pretty much the only publisher left that's releasing games only on their own launcher.
I never said anything about exclusivity. They could still release on this hypothetical launcher along with Steam.

In the meantime I'll gladly take God of War and Days Gone on Steam.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Fuck it, I know its supposed to be shit, and all that EGS shit, but I'm getting shenmue: Its fucking shenmue fuck it: fuck:
So instead of supporting worthwhile indies (at least!), whose work is far more worth you coin, you spend it on trash?
How laughably weak you are >=D
This are the F** THAT F** THE GREAT TOOLS :persevering-face:

As you know, I love to do conceptual things for Steam design and mostly user engagement tools, well, something happened.

This from September 28

Today... Well, well well :blobeyes:
This is going to be in a future update? I'm not seeing it on my end :X

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Woo, been waiting for this.

Talk with the one and only grandaddy of the Yakuza series,
This rules insanely hard. Anyone who likes Yakuza should watch it. Its so clear that he cares deeply about players and the games they make. Even if Yakuza as a series has missteps, I think its obvious that the creators love it as much or more than the players. Toshihiro Nagoshi is a treasure.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Could Sony be launching a fully fledged Game Pass competitor ?

Maybe that would explain their willingness to port some games over. Bundle them in a sub of sort.

I really don't mind as long as I can buy them individually. I hate the subscription model.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Maybe that would explain their willingness to port some games over. Bundle them in a sub of sort.

I really don't mind as long as I can buy them individually. I hate the subscription model.
Honestly hope they just stick to the new PS+ vault thing for the PS5 and add in newer games to it.

It should be more than sustainable too if they have 30+ million subscribers or wtvr.

Otherwise it becomes a mess with all the subscriptions. PS+, PSNow and now another one? At some point it just becomes excessive and confusing.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Has anyone tried claiming Elite Dangerous from EGS for free and using frontier store to migrate copy to Steam?

This would be very funny, but Frontier's frontend is such a horrible mess I wish I never ever had to deal with it. Even the fact the game has a launcher is feeling pretty unnecessary.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018

No company in the world will lock they products behind a subscription only service, all of them will offer their products in a conventional way and as you said, offering a subscription model, but as we have discussed a lot of times here, the future model is to open and expand, not to put thing behind a wall of some glass (this time a subs) :blobhug:

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
No company in the world will lock they products behind a subscription only service, all of them will offer their products in a conventional way and as you said, offering a subscription model, but as we have discussed a lot of times here, the future model is to open and expand, not to put thing behind a wall of some glass (this time a subs) :blobhug:
I completely agree this would be beyond stupid. And even though I expect a Sony-owned digital platform on PC in the future I still hope they will keep releasing on Steam (or EGS.....).

I guess they could merge PS+ and PS Now.

2021 is shaping up to be incredible for PC gamers.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Has anyone tried claiming Elite Dangerous from EGS for free and using frontier store to migrate copy to Steam?

I would love to test this out, but the mix of EGS and the Frontier launcher is proving far too difficult for me. This is one busted freebie.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
2021 is shaping up to be incredible for PC gamers.
I don't know if it's going to be amazing or completely horrible for players, people or myself included but GOD I want this year to end already.

I appreciated a lot of this from this year (people wash their hands now, unbelievable :blobeyes:) but for the most part it has been utter trash and it won't be remembered as a good year, potentially remembered as the start point of the cool time-zone :crying-face:

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I don't know if it's going to be amazing or completely horrible for players, people or myself included but GOD I want this year to end already.

I appreciated a lot of this from this year (people wash their hands now, unbelievable :blobeyes:) but for the most part it has been utter trash and it won't be remembered as a good year, potentially remembered as the start point of the cool time-zone :crying-face:
I wish you all the best for 2021. :blobhug:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

So... how do I do that?

I never owned any of their games before so I just created a new account. I guess I have to download EGS launcher to connect it to Frontier, then connect to Steam?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
More DualSense update, it's almost feature complete now on PC.

What's left is adaptive triggers, but I guess that'll depend on each dev/game's implementation.
Steam Input
  • Implemented rumble over Bluetooth for the PS5 controller
  • Reduced rumble intensity for the PS5 controller
  • Allow external audio based haptics while rumble is enabled on the PS5 DualSense controller

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Got I got so sidetracked by Shenmue, but IO making 007 makes so much sense. But that teaser, that was probably just to show investors that hey we are still reveleant the moment the deal was made, that game is like a decade away.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Some of the boss fights, vehicle sections and levels against the Flood will test your patience.
Haha yes it seems my optimism was too early. It took me over half an hour to kill the heretic leader in the Oracle missions last night. In the end I managed to kill him by hiding in a certain spot, causing him to stop moving for some reason and just hanging in the air to be sniped. That battle was extremely bad game design.

Reactions: C-Dub

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Looks to be at spot #66 on global top sellers atm.
#53 right-now.

This can be handy once it is updated:

It might work, but Geforce Now only supports Elite Dangerous on Steam, so one has to download 21 GB from Epic in order to link the Epic account to Frontier. Too much of a hassle for me, with no guaranteed reward.

Last edited:

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
The adaptive triggers got me hooked. Whenever Astro's giving them to me I love them and get withdrawal symptoms whenever they are taken away from me. If Valve lets them be activated in the Controller Configuration I might use that to get my fix

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I have to disable all force feedback and v Rumble effects in controllers for about a year now. If I don't; even the slightest effects make my left hand go numb.
It's probably good old carpal tunnel syndrome and I need to see a neurologist in the near future. Doesn't matter, long story short: The dualsense controller ain't for me.
Like not at all.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
The adaptive triggers got me hooked. Whenever Astro's giving them to me I love them and get withdrawal symptoms whenever they are taken away from me. If Valve lets them be activated in the Controller Configuration I might use that to get my fix
I really hope Valve can find a way to forward the triggers to Steam Input, and that developers take advantage of them.

I'd also quite like to developers link an audio channel to the DualSense. Apparently the combination of audio and haptic really adds to the immersion.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I picked up a dualsense and have been using it the last couple of days with the Steam beta update. I really like the feel of it. Sits nicely in my hands. Yeah it would be nice if they can utilise all the features of it on PC.

Reactions: Mivey
Status
Not open for further replies.