Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Here's hoping NEO comes to PC - but either way I can't not play a TWEWY sequel on Day-1. Here's hoping the game has some PS5 enhancements or something.

Reactions: Dekunator and Mor

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Wait there is a turn based Yakuza?
hmmmm. I tried to get into Yakuza 0 and whilst i liked the style and presentation i just cant do the combat. To much button mashing for me. Turn based might be right up my street.

Reactions: ISee

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I share the same sentiments about the combat.

Plus, how amazing was that credits song? I was grooving.

I fucking love this gif.
Stunning.
Captivating.
Mesmerizing.

Is this from a video i'm not aware of?
Wait there is a turn based Yakuza?
hmmmm. I tried to get into Yakuza 0 and whilst i liked the style and presentation i just cant do the combat. To much button mashing for me. Turn based might be right up my street.
Yea, Yakuza 7 is fully turn based JRPG, like Dragon Quest, Shin Megami Tensei etc.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
CONTRA: ROGUE CORPS - 91% off if anyone is interested in this
Fyi
This game is 30 fps
Has lots of grinding for equip items that start off by giving miniscule buffs
Gameplay is too repetitive
Farther the game gets harder it gets but u do get better loot/equip items dropped by enemies

Grab the contra collection if you havent yet you tasteless dastards

Reactions: Echoes

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Yeah, I'm thinking about getting Yakuza instead of CP2077 in December.
I'm playing it right now and it's good fun. The battle system is satisfying and there's loads of good side quests. The management minigame, while not for me, is better than the one in Yakuza 0.

It borrows from its JRPG influences rather shamelessly in many ways, but in the end forges its own identity.

Definitely worth grabbing, even at full price.

Reactions: QFNS and ISee

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hey I tried to stop thinking about buying things, that are almost always OOS anyways ! I swear !
So I tried to emulate some Gears.
And it had a very 2020 result :sweaty-blob:

Can I sleep to 2021 now ?

edit
I REALLY am tempted to play Yakuza 7, but it spoiling the rest of the series is no good.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
So I found a new space game, and, uh, it looks like that.

I'll admit, at first my reaction was to nope out, but on second thought it's really doing that Macross/Legend of Galactic Heroes presentation and tropes pretty well. In practical terms, the game looks like something of a mix between Homeworld and EvE, with an anime aesthetic not unlike Macross Frontier's.

Now, the funding model makes me nope right out of it again. Blockchain, equity investment and all that, I have no idea what any of those are but I'm staying far away for the time being. I also don't know enough about the underlying tech beside that it's running Unity. What sizes are the map, what scale can we look forward to, what is the intended scope of the game? No idea.

Still, it feels Homeworld-y with an interesting tone and style, so hey! More space games, good.

Last edited:
  • Disapproval
Reactions: Avern
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I imagine I could buy HZD.
Or is it OUT OF STOCK TOO, 2020 ?

Though if it is UBI-like I'm not too hot on it. A couple of hours of AC Origins killed my desire to continue playing the series.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Now, the funding model makes me nope right out of it again. Blockchain, equity investment and all that, I have no idea what any of those are but I'm staying far away for the time being. I also don't know enough about the underlying tech beside that it's running Unity. What sizes are the map, what scale can we look forward to, what is the intended scope of the game? No idea.
Not gonna lie, you had me in the first half with LOGH game. But yeah, the moment a game mentions blockchain, run.

Blockchain is a way to keep a public ledger tamperproof by expending an obscene amount of processing power. The closest I have seen someone come to justifying its use for games was when Extra Credits proposed storing items in an MMO in blockchain: a task that can be accomplished with a central server for a fraction of the cost, energy, and environmental damage.

So when someone says blockchain wrt a game, assume they mean: "We've made our own cryptocurrency! When you play our game, your GPU will mine it and we'll take a fat cut for ourselves, sucker!"

• This!
Reactions: Pommes

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Not gonna lie, you had me in the first half with LOGH game. But yeah, the moment a game mentions blockchain, run.

Blockchain is a way to keep a public ledger tamperproof by expending an obscene amount of processing power. The closest I have seen someone come to justifying its use for games was when Extra Credits proposed storing items in an MMO in blockchain: a task that can be accomplished with a central server for a fraction of the cost, energy, and environmental damage.

So when someone says blockchain wrt a game, assume they mean: "We've made our own cryptocurrency! When you play our game, your GPU will mine it and we'll take a fat cut for ourselves, sucker!"
I have no idea how blockchains work but the moment a funding model involves cryptocurrency, it gets a little iffy. I mean, I'm not even sure if the thing you have explained is how it works in practice given that it's ridiculously exploitative, to the point of being comical. It'd rather they went for Kickstarter, at least things would be a little clearer. I don't want to pass judgment too quickly because clearly, I am ignorant of the business model. Either way I'm staying well away until the game becomes a little more tangible.

Still a good concept and art direction though, which is why I brought it up :).

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
:O

How is the game in single player? I haven't played any of the Halo games at all.. Not so interested in multiplayer
Halo 1 is a very interesting game if you want to understand a bit how early console FPS games came along. It's got some really nice bits, but mostly it's just a step down from what you already had on PC in the 90s.

Halo 2 then feels like a proper refinement, much faster paced, and the ability to wield two weapons is really nice.

Halo Reach then, which I haven't finished yet, feels a bit mixed, the first few levels are kinda boring, and it's only in the middle of the game that it's staring to get interesting. I was kinda getting bored of FPS games, so I paused my playthrough of it.

Ultimately I feel the Halo series is more interesting for its place in the wider industry, less for how good the games themselves are.

Reactions: Eferis and Ge0force

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I'm thinking of plugging my old 360 to marathon Gears. It will look super good, I'm sure :S
Unfortunate that I can't even do that for Halo :grimacing-face:

edit - I will evidently begin by playing Gears 1 Ultimate on Game Pass with my Dua...
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Why the fuck can't I dismante or sell my shit in Valhalla. Why Ubisoft, fucking why. I loved dismantling in Origins and Odyssey. In Valhalla. my inventory is packed with shit I don't care about.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Why the fuck can't I dismante or sell my shit in Valhalla. Why Ubisoft, fucking why. I loved dismantling in Origins and Odyssey. In Valhalla. my inventory is packed with shit I don't care about.
Because every piece of equipment in Valhalla is unique, while most of the stuff you found in Odyssey was randomly generated.
Which is great because you no longer get flooded with worthless stuff that needs to be dismantled constantly. It was inventory busy work that is no longer needed.
Instead you are granted resources from chests (etc.) that can be used to upgrade the unique armor sets and weapons you like.

Runes can be sold.

Last edited:
Reactions: d00d3n

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Red Dead Online will be available from the PlayStation Store, Microsoft Store, Rockstar Games Launcher, Epic Games Store and Steam at an introductory offer of $4.99 – which is 75% off the regular price – until February 15, 2021.
The new standalone version of Red Dead Online will require up to 123GB of disk space and will also include the option to unlock Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode (purchased separately).

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
at an introductory offer of $4.99 – which is 75% off the regular price – until February 15, 2021*.
:thinking:

The new standalone version of Red Dead Online will require up to 123GB of disk space
:boomer: and Rockstar does not like Geforce Now.
and will also include the option to unlock Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode (purchased separately).
:cho: if that allows to get RDR2 for cheap.

• Toucan
Reactions: Rogue Agent

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Meh, was hoping it's Infinite Space inspired with that name and anime style but it's just some MMO?
I have no idea! Seems like it could be SP or small-scale MP. Quite a ways off either way, that is if it doesn't get canceled altogether.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.