Community MetaSteam | November 2021 - Bienvenidos a Mexico. Sombreros no incluidos

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Gonna keep it real with you guys, Forza Horizon 5 rocks.
I wonder why that could be

¡Hola! Compa

By the way Quick resume is really cool. I can jump between FH4 and FH5 without much issue (yes you get disconnected from the online part of FH but it's still pretty cool how you can do that.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Do Rockstar North even do the the ports inhouse or do they use one of the other Rockstar studios/farm it out?
It's developed by Grove Street Games, the same studio that ported the trilogy to Android/iOS.

• Eyes

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
in contrary to popular belief with the comfy emotes that has been posted on my most recent post, i am actually screaming my soul out

i have a programming assignment till the 16th, i want to get it done before the 11th so i can begin with another topic, and then play smtv on the 12th and 13th (where on the 13th, i have birthday)
i just spent 3 hours thinking about how (thing A) is not working, only to find out that the (thing B) right beside it was the problem all along,
and this happened twice today

however, the main problem is gone, and now i have to do some more work before i tackle another problem i can see ahead of me that, frankly, i have no clue how to do yet

also here's some steam stuff to make this post steam connected; i haven't touched steam in a month, if there's no persona port in december, i will scream my lungs out, also someone who got some stuff right just now says p4au in september 2022 so i'm actually going to hybernate like a bear until then

and also, edit; apparently both versions of BDSP are the same ROM, where the difference between the roms lies in some flags that can be changed by tampering with the files; by changing the files, you can change your BD to SP and backwards

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
and also, edit; apparently both versions of BDSP are the same ROM, where the difference between the roms lies in some flags that can be changed by tampering with the files; by changing the files, you can change your BD to SP and backwards
people will still buy 2 copies for reasons o_O

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Does anyone here work at a place that needs business intelligence work? Asking for myself.

• Eyes

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Wasnt EA supposed to be announcing somethong today, or have I missed it?
Not EA itself, but a journalist said he would have a scoop about an old series today. However...

I guess we can keep dreaming a while longer. Though the "complicated" part does not bode well for being anything good...

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Stevey

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Lol @ NFT meaning maybe reselling games

We technically don't even own the games we buy right now
Depending on where you buy stuff from now we're buying a license for the software that can be revoked for any reason they want if you read the TOS

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Football Manager 2022 officially released today and peaked at around 75k CCU on Steam. In comparison, when Football Manager 2021 released, its first day peak was around 76.6k CCU. What's most interesting is that it FM 22 was also available on Game Pass today while it took several months for 21 to hit Game Pass. It seems that Game Pass has, at most, a nominal effect on Steam's userbase. Just something interesting I noticed.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Pommes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Football Manager 2022 officially released today and peaked at around 75k CCU on Steam. In comparison, when Football Manager 2021 released, its first day peak was around 76.6k CCU. What's most interesting is that it FM 22 was also available on Game Pass today while it took several months for 21 to hit Game Pass. It seems that Game Pass has, at most, a nominal effect on Steam's userbase. Just something interesting I noticed.
Just seems like PC players in general don't care all that much about PC game pass. Game pass is definetly big on console though.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
could also mean that any growth the series has experienced with 22 compared to 21 has been taken up by game pass :unsure:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Something just occurred to me and I am sure that big companies have answer for it but isn't NFT for digital items basically market manipulation and creating of artificial scarcity? Technically digital items can't be unique, but publishers can decide to put limited number of items on the market. And difference compared to physical good is that it doesn't take more resources to create 100 of them like it does for physical goods.

So what publisher can sell is entire ownership of the asset which would require them to transfer all related files and delete them from their servers. But they can't do that because actual files are needed on the server to actually be in game.

So in the end only thing that publishers actually can sell to you is license to use digital item, and at that point that is what they are already doing with MTX.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
So in the end only thing that publishers actually can sell to you is license to use digital item, and at that point that is what they are already doing with MTX.
Yes, I'm probably missing something, but so far I haven't seen anything about the NFT use in gaming that makes any sense whatsoever because is still all tied to servers.

I mean, regular NFT is already incredibly stupid, but what the hell is advantage of having a local license if I can't even "take it out" of the original owner service.

Imagine 100 years from now, people asking:
"So, they were going through a pandemic, global warming and on the verge of several energy crises. What did they do?"
"Spent more energy than entire countries creating virtual currencies and making sure one jpeg file is more valuable than another identical one."

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
i am back with the daily smtv news

SMTV has gotten a patch overnight that; bumps up the resolution (noticleable in docked), looks like higher contrast, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more stable FPS in overworld, as commented by a person who has the patch

"Overall some blackmagicfuckery right there, looks actually like preview images/yuzu footage running on docked switch. Actually pretty now and runs decent for switch. Very impressed. "

god please let me finish this fucking assignment before the date

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
i am back with the daily smtv news

SMTV has gotten a patch overnight that; bumps up the resolution (noticleable in docked), looks like higher contrast, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more stable FPS in overworld, as commented by a person who has the patch

"Overall some blackmagicfuckery right there, looks actually like preview images/yuzu footage running on docked switch. Actually pretty now and runs decent for switch. Very impressed. "

god please let me finish this fucking assignment before the date
awesome to see!