Community MetaSteam | November 2021 - Bienvenidos a Mexico. Sombreros no incluidos

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
Looked at the price of Blue Reflection 1 on a whim.
I won’t ever play that game it seems.
First game was pretty bad. I wrote a simple review in the rating thread:

Based on reviews and impressions, the sequel seems to be a big improvement on gameplay. I honestly want to play it but the pricing is complete BS.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Well, my point (which is unprovable, yeah) is that if New World was still at 1 million users they wouldn't offer copies. But you are right too, it's more subtle than that.
People used family sharing in New World to create alternate accounts which they then used to exploit the game (gold duping and such) or maybe cheat in PvP. Banning those accounts when they were detected didn't solve the problem because people would just family share the game to a new Steam account and start all over again. That's why Amazon permanently disabled family sharing. But, they recognized that this would also affect people who were using the feature legitimately. So they added a full license to family shared accounts where the main account wasn't banned. A pretty decent, customer friendly thing for them to do, and as far as I know, the first time it has ever been done.

But, maybe your unbridled cynicism is warranted and they only did it because their player numbers are dropping.

mastemas

truman doctrine (actual norwegian guy)
Apr 15, 2021
in recent news, we are 2-3 days away from SMTV releasing

as i can see, the emulator scene has already gotten a hold of it, and it's running very great on high-end spec PCs (which my PC is apparently, after checking out the specs to some of the emulator vids), but instead of emulating it after getting more viruses than (something with viruses), i'll just play it on the switch

i don't get it, why do people emulate modern games (if you ignore the fact that some people just dont wanna buy the game)

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

I'm ready to be disappointed. Though to be fair, the C&C remaster was actually pretty good.

The sad part is thinking of how many "game series the fans loved back in the day" they have that are dead.
Sims?
Sim City?
Sim Tower?
Sim Ants?

Spore???

Dungeon Keeper?

Populous?

Wing Commander???

Theme Park?
Theme Hospital?

Sid Meyers Gettysburg?
Sid Meyers Alpha Centauri?

Fifa Manager?

Dune?

Ultima Online?

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020

as i can see, the emulator scene has already gotten a hold of it, and it's running very great on high-end spec PCs (which my PC is apparently, after checking out the specs to some of the emulator vids), but instead of emulating it after getting more viruses than (something with viruses), i'll just play it on the switch

i don't get it, why do people emulate modern games (if you ignore the fact that some people just dont wanna buy the game)
Some local stores have broken the street date and are selling it here (but I am too broke to buy it) :)

Some people emulate the games as they don't have the hardware, or to some people with the console, they may want a smoother experience because games usually run better on PC. These people are probably the minority though. I think that the vast majority of people who emulate modern games are just people who sail on the high sea.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So I am in need of some good headphones for my PC and since most headphones I ever had in my life sucked I'm looking for some advice/recommendations from this mighty council.

absolute best headphones ... practically indestructible (and the cord is replaceable)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

Are you kidding ? Why do some people want a better IQ than the Switch ? Why would people want uncapped framerate ?

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
They already announced that earlier this year.
I remember that because the american branch was promoting earth day (to help the enviroment)

Maybe their American branch subscribes to accelerationist views, thus helping to make the problem worse to force a solution of the problem sooner.

• Evil
Reactions: Tomasety

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Playing Sonic Mania again, still love it, still think the game would be way better if you could disable lives. I'm dreading Flying Battery Zone already....

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Stevey

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Note that GTA 3 and VC remastered are getting too active on Steam packages, so it's highly likely that they are updating it at a regular basis and more frequently, does it mean that they will release them on Steam sooner rather than later? unknown but usually this is a good sign.

mastemas

Apr 15, 2021
Are you kidding ? Why do some people want a better IQ than the Switch ? Why would people want uncapped framerate ?
sure uncapped fps and all of that is nice, but is it really worth all the hassle?

you do need a strong PC to get the good quality going, and then you need to know the right places to get the ROMs, which then puts in risk for the viruses, and after that, you kinda do still need some other quality-of-life stuff, like a switch controller for the right button maps on the UI

if you have a strong PC, know where to get the right ROMs, and don't care about the UI/already have a controller, sure go for it, but in the end, that seems kinda less convenient than just switching it with the switch

besides i cant play it because this school laptop has a mere gt 930mx and it struggles to run minecraft

mastemas

Apr 15, 2021
how fkn dare u emulate games m8

fkn give your money to Nintendo now, or suffer the consequences I swear on my nans favourite tobacco tin
dude when the day comes that i can emulate playstation 4 games on this fucking school laptop with 8 gigs of ram, a gt 930mx and i5-8250U, i'll be all over that emulation scene
i can download whatever on this fucking laptop, it's already fucked by windows 11

• Eyes

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
my constant talking about smtv in this thread has paid off despite comments not to

now i will discuss mario kart
you wish. I was going to buy it anyway and then moan about how difficult and obtuse it is and why is there a giant penis and why is this game promoting satanism and anti-christianity? It's like a Dark Souls Pokemon Demon Breeding Simulator. Ban this filth. I'm writing a strongly worded post on mumsnet!

mastemas

Apr 15, 2021
you wish. I was going to buy it anyway and then moan about how difficult and obtuse it is and why is there a giant penis and why is this game promoting satanism and anti-christianity? It's like a Dark Souls Pokemon Demon Breeding Simulator. Ban this filth. I'm writing a strongly worded post on mumsnet!
mario kart is a commentary on the faults of capitalism, and yet, how communism isn't the exact answer for our economical and ecological situation today

unironically iirc my grandma's grandma was like one of 2 kids who survived the whole communism thing in USSR some time ago, she was one of 11 kids

Cacher

MetaMember
Jun 3, 2020
And the worst among all? It's Persona without the heart.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
sure uncapped fps and all of that is nice, but is it really worth all the hassle?
I was answering to 'i don't get it, why do people emulate modern games', not to 'is it really worth all the hassle'.
I would also argue that it is not really a hassle if you are not stupid enough to buy a PC for the sole purpose of emulating modern games. If you are a gamer and have a moderately recent PC, it's an interesting option. I basically argue against viewing emulator users like aliens with puzzling behaviors.

how fkn dare u emulate games m8

fkn give your money to Nintendo now, or suffer the consequences I swear on my nans favourite tobacco tin
It already happened in the SMTV thread on ERA :coffee-blob:

TrishaKit

Dancer
Aug 11, 2021
Regarding a monitor, a friend linked me this and I wound up grabbing it
Amazon product
So I am in need of some good headphones for my PC and since most headphones I ever had in my life sucked I'm looking for some advice/recommendations from this mighty council.
Sony's WH-1000xm4's have proven to be superb for me if you have the cash to throw on it. Very good over the heard noise cancelling headphones. Great sound quality.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Big McLargehuge

God Cleaver
Dec 8, 2018
I emulate some of my Switch games because I want the option to play those games at higher resolutions and framerates. I did my first playthrough of Metroid Dread on the console so I wouldn't run into possible emulation bugs, but any further playthroughs I will do through an emulator. Also, I hacked my Switch that I bought at launch so there's no traveling to the high seas involved. ;)

• Eyes

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
If you want a wireless headset, I can recommend the Steelseries Arctis 7. It's really comfortable for wearing several hours a day, it's not too heavy and the sound quality is good for a wireless headset in that price range.

FunnyJay