Community MetaSteam | November 2021 - Bienvenidos a Mexico. Sombreros no incluidos

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
DF basically: The safest way to secure yourself a good Elden Ring experience is to play it on PC.

It's funny how the best console version is the PS4 version on PS5 because PS4 version has less details. Xbox version is the worst apparently. Already got my Steam pre-order so Im ready.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Forza Horizon 5 > Now playing
Elden Ring > preordered
Halo Infinite > Now playing
Endwalker > Ready to buy and hyped
God of War > Not preordered yet but soon™

I think I never played so many D1 in such a short period of time
I only have Bloodlines 2 and Elden Ring pre-ordered. Bloodlines 2 because of a price error.

I don't really pre-order games thes days because I don't know if I will have time for it when the game is out.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
DF basically: The safest way to secure yourself a good Elden Ring experience is to play it on PC.

It's funny how the best console version is the PS4 version on PS5 because PS4 version has less details. Xbox version is the worst apparently. Already got my Steam pre-order so Im ready.
So basically it is just another From soft game XD

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Curious what games MetaCouncil members get feels for. (Also maybe I'll find some recommendations!)
The most recent one is AI the Somnium Files, with manly tears on my face.

Others that I remember:

Breath of the Wild - a long journey coming to an end
Xenoblade 2 - not going to spoil it
Xenoblade 2 Torna the Golden Country - not going to spoil this, too. But you will know the ending of this DLC if you have completed the base game. It still hit like a truck.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Curious what games MetaCouncil members get feels for. (Also maybe I'll find some recommendations!)
The games that have stuck longest with me are probably Proteus, Disco Elysium, Breath of the Wild, The Witness and Firewatch. I've certainly shed a tear during many others, but these resonated with me in a completely different way. The Beginner's Guide and Abzu also left a deep impression.

And despite not being a fan of the game part of it, Outer Wilds' brightest moments are awe inducing like few other games are and struck a beautiful emotional chord in me that can best be described as simultaneously feeling existential fear and an almost spiritual reverence before the beauty and horror of the unknown.

Last edited:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018

Hmmm, trying to mix both "feels" and "different" in my mind.

I'm probably going to remember a lot of late 90's and early 2000's later but for now:

- Recently: Probably Sable. Mostly because all the feels come from the atmosphere and world design. Thinking "rationally", I should have been bored by it, but it ended up being one of my favorite gaming experiences.

- The first Portal: nothing quite like it at the time.

- Speaking of nothing quite it, now I'm going very old school with Star Control 2. I got really involved in the world, and on my first playthrough I hit the timelimit and saw the villains slowly wiping out all the planets I visited.

- Now, I know this is kind of an obvious answer but still true: Brother's, A Tale of Two Sons. After I stopped crying my eyes out, I stood there thinking how it was f*cking genius to use a controller (and the way you used it) as a storytelling tool.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Bloodborne, Crysis, MW2, Life is Strange, Gravity Rush and Alan Wake comes to mind.

I just came to the current time section of AC Valhalla and Im so lost! I thought they had ditched current time stuff. Now I need to catch up on what's happening.
I would never have finished Valhalla without a trainer on PC. Too much fucking bloat, so I ended up cheating my ass to finish line, teleport to waypoint was one of the cheats I used. All those fucking shitass missions that took 10-15 min to complete, but to travel to accept the missions took 30 min or whatever. Over and over again. Fuck that.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Just to clarify i didn't actually watch or read the credits to those games. They are just games where i sat and though about the game for a while as the credits rolled then i got up and went back to the menu or went and made a cuppa while thinking about things.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
All three NA data-centers in FF just went down simultaneously. panik. panik. panik. my comfy game is deadzo.

========

I'm really surprised and excited to see so much variety among the answers so far for that tweet.
And some not so surprising (but still good!) ones too.

• Love
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Persona 4 Golden on PSV (real ending).

I sat there feeling warm and fuzzy due to how great the ending was (I'm a sucker for extended epilogues).

The happy feelings suddenly gave way to quiet sadness when I realized that I had, at long last, run out of more P4G to play, and my term at Inaba was coming to an end permanently.

I felt largely the same when I finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and the first Life is Strange.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Hmmm... there probably were others but off the top of my head I remember:
  • Last day of June
  • Hollow Knight
  • Wandersong
  • Celeste
  • Banner Saga
  • Transistor
  • Pyre

Some of these really destroyed me.

edit: I'll add losing your entire 150+ days company in Battle Brothers to some random orc raiders. That shit makes the toughest man on earth cry.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto

For me personally, in recent years, nothing has topped SOMA. It was a gut-wrenching, bittersweet ending.

Aside from that, there are a lot of other games that have left me wanting more once I finished them OR have made me feel sad. Couple that spring to mind:

Persona 3.
Silent Hill 2.
Red Dead Redemption 2.
Infamous 2's evil karma ending. (Where you gotta kill your bro, Zeek.) Mind you, I haven't played the game since 2011, but I'll be damned if I didn't hate the game for making me do it back then. :p

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Well, looks like I'm MetaCouncil exclusive now since I forgot the e-mail I signed up with on Era :ROFLMAO:

Not a terrible loss tbh, haha
I've lost access to the email I signed up with and I can't remember the password and can't change it. At some point I'll be kicked.

Thanks Yahoo and your shit tier security for losing my 20 yo email using my real name.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
The all-time favourite in the feels department is definitely the Trails series for me. :flaregalaxycat:

Apart from that, it's pretty much a mix of the classics already mentioned previously in this thread, but most recently for me, it must be Muramasa! :flare_mogu: