Community MetaSteam | November 2021 - Bienvenidos a Mexico. Sombreros no incluidos

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
but has anyone actually gotten Clip Studio Paint to work with Linux? I have seen various posts around the internet that have claimed to have it working , but most are older posts.

I was making a short list of programs that I use and looking up compatibility.
I tried installing and running the trial version they had for download, that worked fine with Wine, but to actually use the program, I'd have to set up an account or sub, so thats something you'd have to test.

I recommend dual booting first anyway, so you can test this stuff out one by one. Expect to break stuff at first, so keep your data secure :D

I use Manjaro KDE, so thats what I recommed :D

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I tried installing and running the trial version they had for download, that worked fine with Wine, but to actually use the program, I'd have to set up an account or sub, so thats something you'd have to test.

I recommend dual booting first anyway, so you can test this stuff out one by one. Expect to break stuff at first, so keep your data secure :D

I use Manjaro KDE, so thats what I recommed :D
Oh wow, awesome! Thank you so much for checking!!!

• Hug
Reactions: LEANIJA

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Oh wow, awesome! Thank you so much for checking!!!
no problem, that was just a few clicks :)
Im sorry I was too lazy to set up an account to test "proper"

BTW, theres also Krita as an alternative you could use, and you can try that on Windows too: Krita
I hear good things about it, but havent used it properly yet.

~

Game Awards voting is now live

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
We need some protection from practices that would have any company stop supporting store x or y for reasons and only releasing patches and fixes (remasters remakes I can understand) on another platform. Not being on that platform to begin with is another matter they should be free to choose but not this possibility. At the same time, it can be understandable in some cases (ie, no longer supported Wii version of Dragon Quest X, but that's a subscription based game anyway, right, so clearly they simply won't let people on Wii subscribe again) but again, patches/fixes for something like Max Payne for Windows 11 or whatever, please...

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Still available in UK/EU steam store as seperates, 1&2 bundle and 1,2&3 bundle.

edit: According to the discussions some suspect they've started to be delisted from store because a remake/remaster is on they way? hmmmm.

Reactions: Stevey

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
For my open world needs, what should I get? I was considering maybe AC Vikings, or maybe FarCry 6. I do like guns more than melee. Maybe Watch dogs legion?

What I really want is a new Fallout.:(
I've been in the same boat lately. Really want to play a new Bethesda game.

Thinking of trying 76 with gamepass for first time

Even thought about replaying Fallout 4 since I only played through it and dlc once. I certainly missed out on some quests and other shit. Cheevos were also turned off on steam because you install mods :mad:

I was also thinking about playing Fallout 3 again. I only ever played it at launch on PS3. Never played it on PC or the dlc. And they updated it not long ago to remove gfwl and crash issues (i think) so I might pick up the goty version to play with mods during winter seal. Also keeping an eye on Outer Worlds and DLC for a good discount during seal.

Fallout 5 is probably 10+ years away unfortunately. But yea I can't wait for Starfield next year. Them calling it "Skyrim in space" and a "Han Solo simulator" elevated hype levels really high. Really hope they deliver some good quests/companions etc.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 19, 2018
Ibis Island
Saw the talk earlier, don't bother with Watch Dogs Legions unless

A. You've played 1 & 2
B. You get the Bloodlines DLC

The regular campaign of Legion is basically nothing in the grand scheme of things for Watch Dogs. Bloodlines despite being an expansion is more of an actual "Watch Dogs 3". With that said the game was fine but it's not anything special either. I beat it with the majority of things done and you truly see everything that game has to offer in about 5 hours. It's good if you want something you can just kind of mindlessly play though.

I kinda hope at some point they release bloodlines Standalone.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Fallout 5 is probably 10+ years away unfortunately. But yea I can't wait for Starfield next year. Them calling it "Skyrim in space" and a "Han Solo simulator" elevated hype levels really high. Really hope they deliver some good quests/companions etc.
Starfield can't come soon enough. This doesn't mean much, but the concept arts make it look like an incredible game.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I'm enjoying my time with Forza Horizon 5. It's the perfect game, at least for myself, to play while I listen a podcast as mostly of the time there isn't any story to pay attention.

I kinda feel conflicted about the progression, you can get powerful cars at the beginning if you're luck or played the previous games, though the drivatars will use cars of the same category as you.

Choosing Mexico as the scenery was a good decision, it's a beautiful and varied landscape and I've already spent many hours driving trough it.

There are a lot of cars so sometimes it's overwhelming to choose which one I want to use on a certain race. The tunning customization is something that I'll not get into right now, I just download some configuration that will fulfil my needs.

Still talking about the community, some of those painting jobs are crazy. From what I've read you can't import any images into the game so everything is mafe using the in game tools. There are all kinds of paintings shared by the community, some will try to mimic the real life counter parts, though my favorite so far is the all pink Barbie painting I'm using in a Ford Focus.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Dark Catt vs. Valve bites

Full doc: Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Dark Catt added less information that goes against themselves, thus they could allege that 30% maybe too much.

Valve limiting Steam keys doesn't seem illegal

Valve SDA doesn't contain exclusivity clause. And because as Dark Catt alleged, those are common in industry, it probably wouldn't be illegal even if it had such.

Requiring developer to keep game updated is not illegal
"Steam would expect its customers to receive a comparable product to that offered through other storefronts. This is a basic business principle"

Dark Catt could not prove how penalizing badly reviewed games is anti-trust violation

Like Wolfire, they got 30 days to update.

Would be funny if Wolfire's update was just to remove everything court inferred in Valve's favor :D
(Though after motion to dismiss, Valve bring facts outside the complaint to prove their version)

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
These court decisions seem sensible enough. Let's see what the amended complaints will be, I am curious to see if they will bring something more substantial to the table.

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Weekend PC Deals (credit to Neowin)

Bundles
Choose Wisely Bundle
Space Sports, and Orc Bundle

Killer Bundle 20
Build Your Own Slayer Bundle 3
Build Your Own Birthday Bundle

Free Weekends
The Crew 2
Call of Duty: Vanguard
Star Citizen

First Class Trouble

HUMANKIND$39.99 on Steam
Life is Strange: True Colors$38.99 on Steam
Madden NFL 22$26.99 on Fanatical
It Takes Two$21.99 on Fanatical
Satisfactory - Early Access$20.99 on Steam
Halo: The Master Chief Collection$19.99 on Microsoft Store
Lost in Random$19.99 on Origin
Saints Row The Third Remastered$19.99 on Steam
OUTRIDERS$19.79 on Steam
Forza Horizon 4$19.79 on Microsoft Store
DEATH STRANDING$17.99 on Steam
Mafia: Definitive Edition$17.00 on GreenManGaming
Dark Souls: Remastered$16.99 on GamesPlanet
Marvel's Avengers$15.99 on Steam
Red Matter VR$14.99 on Steam
Gears 5 Game of the Year Edition $14.99 on Microsoft Store
Gunfire Reborn$14.99 on Steam
Insurgency: Sandstorm$14.99 on Steam
STAR WARS: Squadrons $14.79 on Origin
STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order$14.79 on Origin
Space Engineers$13.99 on Steam
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition$13.59 on Steam
Mars Horizon$13.39 on Steam
Wasteland 3$13.19 on Microsoft Store
Nebuchadnezzar$12.99 on Steam
Karnage Chronicles VR$12.49 on Steam
The Deus Ex Collection$10.07 on Steam
Quantum Break$9.99 on Microsoft Store
Command & Conquer Remastered Collection$9.99 on Origin
Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling$9.99 on Steam
Gears Tactics$9.99 on Microsoft Store
Ori and the Will of the Wisps$9.89 on Microsoft Store
Just Cause 4 Reloaded Edition$7.86 on Steam
Startup Company$7.79 on Steam
Splinter Cell Blacklist$7.49 on Steam
Samorost 3$5.99 on Steam
Don't Starve Together$5.09 on Steam
Terraria$4.99 on Steam
Euro Truck Simulator 2$4.99 on Steam
Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition$4.99 on Steam
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition$2.99 on Steam
The Turing Test$2.99 on Steam
Dungeon Siege Collection$2.99 on Steam
Magicka$2.49 on Steam
Just Cause 2$1.49 on Steam
KID A MNESIA EXHIBITION$0 on Epic Store
Never Alone$0 on Epic Store
Guild of Dungeoneering$0 on Epic Store
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory$0 on Ubisoft Store

GreedFall - $13.99 on GOG
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - $10.19 on GOG
Mafia - $10.04 on GOG
A Plague Tale: Innocence - $9.99 on GOG
Vampyr - $9.99 on GOG
Dungeons 3 - $9.89 on GOG
Mafia II: Director’s Cut - $7.99 on GOG
Samorost 3 - $5.99 on GOG
Commandos 2+3 - $4.99 on GOG
Vaporum - $4.99 on GOG
Machinarium Collector's Edition - $4.49 on GOG
Cultures 1+2 - $3.99 on GOG
Commandos Ammo Pack - $2.99 on GOG
Patrician 1+2 - $2.99 on GOG
Port Royale - $2.99 on GOG
Sudden Strike Gold - $2.99 on GOG
Port Royale - $2.99 on GOG
Imperial Glory - $2.49 on GOG
Praetorians - $2.49 on GOG
Pirates! Gold Plus - $1.79 on GOG
Dex - $1.49 on GOG
UFO: Afterlight - $1.39 on GOG
Original War - $0.99 on GOG
ARMA: Cold War Assault - $0.99 on GOG
Submarine Titans - $0.99 on GOG
Port Royale 2 - $0.99 on GOG

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I've played through Bright Memory: Infinite. It's fun and quite the spectacle but also kinda underwhelming. It's longer than Episode 1 but doesn't really feel like more than an Episode 2 instead of a full game. I also have to say that I found some set-pieces in Episode 1 actually more impressive than anything in Infinite.

Dinjoralo
Regarding Edge of Eternity, since we both were a bit annoyed at how it seemingly continued to get major changes to everything even after it released out of Early Access:

I just read a dev say that the 1.1 update can be considerer the final update for the "base gameexperience" and all the remaining updates on their road-map will be about post-game content, so it should be safe to start playing now.
I'll probably wait a bit more since I'm still deep in Final Fantasy 15 anyway and it seems there are still bugs and stuff with the 1.1 update they're working on sorting out, but it's good to know that we don't need to wait another eternity (heh) before properly starting it.

Last edited:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I just realized that only reason why Activision has issues silencing buzz around their issues is because they have nothing to offer wider audience due to their downscaling in development. If they had big release planned in near future they could have released promo material, bring hype up, make shareholders happy and all of these complaints would be just screaming into the void. But they have issues with Diablo 2, CoD Vanguard sales are down, no new releases on sight and now these new issues basically made them defenseless.

• Eyes

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Did the AC: Ezio trilogy remasters not come to PC or came after Ubisoft already pulled out of Steam?

kinda wish they'd come back already... Ubisoft Client is trash. I'm forced to use it everyday for my (STEAM) version of Siege, and it's just so... bleh.

• Eyes

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Did the AC: Ezio trilogy remasters not come to PC or came after Ubisoft already pulled out of Steam?

kinda wish they'd come back already... Ubisoft Client is trash. I'm forced to use it everyday for my (STEAM) version of Siege, and it's just so... bleh.
There was no reason for release them on PC because they didn't improve things compared to PC game. AC3 Remaster came to PC including Steam.

• Eyes

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
So like every ubisoft game, and you have to grind 70 more to reach the end lol.
You're not wrong, but sometimes the locale and character makes it bearable and interesting enough to plod along regardless. I put about ~100 playing hours into AC Odyssey, and that's almost wholly thanks to Kassandra being a decent character and Ancient Greece being so fun to explore. (I really like Greek legends/Theism too, so that helped.)

I ended up liking AC Odyssey a lot more than I thought I would, despite being burned out on Ubisoft/Open world games at the time. It had me super pumped for the next AC/RPG hybrid, but they murdered my hype right after by pulling out of Steam... 😓

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
You're not wrong, but sometimes the locale and character makes it bearable and interesting enough to plod along regardless.
Very true, navigating the rooftops of Paris is basically the only reason I managed to finish the piece of shit that was Unity.

• Eyes

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Anyone play Workers & Resources or Project Zomboid? I keep going back and forth on these games -- they look super fun, but also like work. The autumn sale is soon, so time to start planning ... W&R is actually on sale now for the Czech and Slovak games week, which I didn't even know was a thing!

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Anyone play Workers & Resources or Project Zomboid? I keep going back and forth on these games -- they look super fun, but also like work. The autumn sale is soon, so time to start planning ... W&R is actually on sale now for the Czech and Slovak games week, which I didn't even know was a thing!

Worker and Ressources: Don't have it personally, but watching a 200 episode lets play, it starts in February 2020 and it had already a massive amount of systems and buildings. It is very advanced in regards to the complexity with roads, electricity, pipelines, chutes, etc. No idea how it evolved in the last 18 months, am only at epise 10 of 197 :D
From the looks of it, if Sim-City is Babymode, City Skylines is the equivalent of Rimworld then Workers and Ressources is on the halfway between Rimworld and Dwarf Fortress, if that makes any sense :D

Project Zomboid: You will die a hundred times before you survive longer than a few days, and a dozen times before you survive the first hours. Watching a how-to or a lets play of the first few days (Rhadamant for example) is the best course of action.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020

Both are extremely deep experiences. Out of those two, Zomboid is easier to pick up and play. Though I have only played the tutorial of Workers & Resources. W&R is just wow, I do not think I have ever seen such an involved city builder. It does not just smooth over the complexities of even the simplest tasks that so many city builders do. Like building personal cars for your citizens really tries to simulate all of the ins and outs of the process from mining and refining and/or importing resources, transporting those resources to factories, assembly of the car in factories, supplying transport of the completed cars to a dealership, and parking for your citizens to store their cars when not in use. Like holy moly, it is next level.

To be fair, Zomboid has its own complexity

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and xinek

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I can finally strike something off my backlog with Paradise Killer. Definitely a fun mystery to solve, but it could do with just a bit more QOL. Particularly an actual map, navigating the island never became really intuitive.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Worker and Ressources: Don't have it personally, but watching a 200 episode lets play, it starts in February 2020 and it had already a massive amount of systems and buildings. It is very advanced in regards to the complexity with roads, electricity, pipelines, chutes, etc. No idea how it evolved in the last 18 months, am only at epise 10 of 197 :D
From the looks of it, if Sim-City is Babymode, City Skylines is the equivalent of Rimworld then Workers and Ressources is on the halfway between Rimworld and Dwarf Fortress, if that makes any sense :D

Project Zomboid: You will die a hundred times before you survive longer than a few days, and a dozen times before you survive the first hours. Watching a how-to or a lets play of the first few days (Rhadamant for example) is the best course of action.
Both are extremely deep experiences. Out of those two, Zomboid is easier to pick up and play. Though I have only played the tutorial of Workers & Resources. W&R is just wow, I do not think I have ever seen such an involved city builder. It does not just smooth over the complexities of even the simplest tasks that so many city builders do. Like building personal cars for your citizens really tries to simulate all of the ins and outs of the process from mining and refining and/or importing resources, transporting those resources to factories, assembly of the car in factories, supplying transport of the completed cars to a dealership, and parking for your citizens to store their cars when not in use. Like holy moly, it is next level.

To be fair, Zomboid has its own complexity
I knew W&R was very in depth, but I guess I didn't realize it was THIS detailed. These super complex games are so interesting -- the thought of watching a bunch of tutorial videos turns me off, but then again, if you want to experience that kind of complexity, it takes investment. Like playing Shenzhen I/O, it would be much more difficult if I wasn't a programmer by profession. I've seen reviews that say W&R is like playing both Rimworld and Factorio at the same time. I love both those games, and it's hard to imagine playing them both in the same map/world. I'm taking myself into it.
Zomboid I'm not so sure. It looks like the beta branch is 2 years old and people are complaining about it. But then again, if people are putting hundreds of hours into an early access game on its beta branch, that is still a sign that the game is good. Kind of regretting not getting this during the Halloween sale, but there are only so many hours in a day anyway.
Thanks for the inputs!!

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I knew W&R was very in depth, but I guess I didn't realize it was THIS detailed. These super complex games are so interesting -- the thought of watching a bunch of tutorial videos turns me off, but then again, if you want to experience that kind of complexity, it takes investment. Like playing Shenzhen I/O, it would be much more difficult if I wasn't a programmer by profession. I've seen reviews that say W&R is like playing both Rimworld and Factorio at the same time. I love both those games, and it's hard to imagine playing them both in the same map/world. I'm taking myself into it.
Zomboid I'm not so sure. It looks like the beta branch is 2 years old and people are complaining about it. But then again, if people are putting hundreds of hours into an early access game on its beta branch, that is still a sign that the game is good. Kind of regretting not getting this during the Halloween sale, but there are only so many hours in a day anyway.
Thanks for the inputs!!
Zomboid:
There is the official 2-year-old beta branch (0,38)
and then there is the Weeks/Month-old Beta-beta branch ;> (0,41)

It's night and day between those versions, better sound, better character sprites, and of course more content. You just have to go to the options in steam and select the "iwillbackupmysaves" beta.

• Eyes
  • Love
Reactions: Tomasety and xinek

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Finished Dishonored 2. I loved exploring all the individual sandboxes that make up the game. Brilliant level design and timeless art direction.
Playing this, Prey and Mankind Divided over the last year has been such a treat, I get so immersed exploring these worlds and trying out all the different possibilities allowed by the gameplay mechanics. All 3 games have engaging stories and great or even memorable characters. Excellent stuff all around.

SaberVS7

Average Date a Live Enjoyer
Jan 23, 2020
Finished Dishonored 2. I loved exploring all the individual sandboxes that make up the game. Brilliant level design and timeless art direction.
Playing this, Prey and Mankind Divided over the last year has been such a treat, I get so immersed exploring these worlds and trying out all the different possibilities allowed by the gameplay mechanics. All 3 games have engaging stories and great or even memorable characters. Excellent stuff all around.
Now play Deathloop if you haven't yet

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Haven't played W&R but it's on my Wishlist and will likely nab it when it finally goes 1.0.

Zomboid however is one of my Top 5 GOAT Steam games, along with the likes of Factorio, RimWorld, etc.

It's been in Early Access forever, but much like Dwarf Fortress or UnReal World, it's one of those games that has seen active development for years upon years and will likely never leave EA because the devs are so passionate about continuing to evolve the game "forever". Some people mistake this for the dev being "lazy" for not reaching 1.0 sooner, but it actually reflects the deep level of care they put into the project. As Kyougar noted, the iwillbackupmysave branch sees monthly updates and the dev does weekly progress updates every Thursday.

IMO, Zomboid is the absolute best sandbox survival game on the market that is not ASCII like Dwarf Fortress and CDDA. It's incredibly deep and sports a really charming Sims 1-inspired presentation.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Hey so I went to a concert today, and looking back on it my biggest regret was not really realizing who was who. There was a meet and greet that I got a chance to go to.

One of the artist was none other than Night Tempo I couldn't remember what songs night tempo had done and it was not that long after that meet and greet that I had realized that this song is by Night Tempo

I didn't even know much about the artist other than this songs but in a way I mix them up.

Also out of the 4 acts, night tempo was the opener and the one I liked the most.

Meet and greets are weird (I didn't even realize that it was that even though some people did mention something like that, I thought it was just a merch event and that was all). I had to wait for about 2 hours in line and I was part of the last group to do the event.

The only other meet and greet that I have taken a part in was with the Monster Hunter Word staff at PSX 2017 (that event made me think that you can only say like 1 thing and get 1 thing signed and then leave, but that didn't seem to be the case and the reason as to why the wait was 2 hours for me.

By the way I got tickets to see Anamanaguchi next year so I will likely be hearing this live in person

Last edited: