Community MetaSteam | November 2021 - Bienvenidos a Mexico. Sombreros no incluidos

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
For my open world needs, what should I get? I was considering maybe AC Vikings, or maybe FarCry 6. I do like guns more than melee. Maybe Watch dogs legion?

What I really want is a new Fallout.:(
How much time do you want to spend? Far Cry 6 is about 40 hours max, AC Vikings is 100+ and has two massive DLCs

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
For my open world needs, what should I get? I was considering maybe AC Vikings, or maybe FarCry 6. I do like guns more than melee. Maybe Watch dogs legion?

What I really want is a new Fallout.:(
I'm guessing with Fallout you mean Fallout 3 and onwards, but I like cRPGs so I will recommend some of those anyway: Wasteland 3, ATOM RPG, Encased.

• Gib

Deleted member 113

This one looks pretty slick. Also a gamepass title so you can play it there.

Edit: Just saw FunktionJCB post... Yikes. Nvm.
Ignoring my post about non-delivered rewards, for which they charged, I have to further point out the following:

-the game was supposed to have 7 characters; a couple of months ago, they said the game would launch with 3; it ended up launching with... 2, with the developers posting on Steam that, if sales are good, they will consider restoring the cut characters (honestly, this feels less like a game being completed, and released, and more like a game being "dumped" to fulfil existing contracts, like with Microsoft's gamepass).

-additionally, soon after the crowdfunding ended, tinyBuild came on board as the publisher, and strange things started happening, like the lead developer leaving the game, and weird accusations started going around (he basically complained about tinyBuild completely taking over the game, while tinyBuild accused the former lead of "blackmail"); since then, apparently they re-started the game from scratch, without much details being provided on what was happening, and now the game is released lacking much of the content it was supposed to have (even content that was said to be in a couple of months ago), and buggy.

So yeah, if you really want to try out the game, it's probably better not to waste your money by buying it right now, and see how things will progress, in terms of post launch support (sadly, I think the game will be abandoned, and people will regret their purchase). Or, if you have gamepass, try it there (although, I've already seen people complaining about losing their saves with the gamepass version, so that version is probably even worse, at this time, than the Steam version).

Last edited by a moderator:

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Ignoring my post about non-delivered rewards, for which they charged, I have to further point out the following:

-the game was supposed to have 7 characters; a couple of months ago, they said the game would launch with 3; it ended up launching with... 2, with the developers posting on Steam that, if sales are good, they will considering restoring the cut characters (honestly, this feels less like a game being completed, and released, and more like a game being "dumped" to fulfil existing contracts, like with Microsoft's gamepass).

-additionally, soon after the crowdfunding ended, tinyBuild came on board as the publisher, and strange things started happening, like the lead developer leaving the game, and weird accusations started going around (he basically complained about tinyBuild completely taking over the game, while tinyBuild accused the former lead of "blackmail"); since then, apparently they re-started the game from scratch, without much details being provided on what was happening, and now the game is released lacking much of the content it was supposed to have (even content that was said to be in a couple of months ago), and buggy.

So yeah, if you really want to try out the game, it's probably better not to waste your money by buying it right now, and see how things will progress, in terms of post launch support (sadly, I think the game will be abandoned, and people will regret their purchase). Or, if you have gamepass, try it there (although, I've already seen people complaining about losing their saves with the gamepass version, so that version is probably even worse, at this time, than the Steam version).
What a bummer, it was a game that I remember seeing the trailer many years ago and it seemed like it could be a good game.

---

Pre order is up

Last edited:

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
It looks like that Ubisoft is all in for Metaverse, Blockchain and Crypto
Man, Ubisoft used to make some really great games, but I really don't understand how they manage to continually mess things up. From every game series turning into the exact same formula to weird statements such as this.

They are really making it easier to avoid their output...

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018

Hummmmmm.
As an administrator user, I think I have almost full access to the files, at least in regards normal operations. I can delete, rename, edit and execute them. So yeah, it does appear to be a bug if you can't do any of that.

They appear to still have some form of system protection, which is why I think Steam is failing to add them.

In the end, because Microsoft still hasn't completely ditched the AppX system, this is another hacky solution that will probably be unstable. What they need to do is bite the bullet, freeze the current Xbox App support (keeping it around for people to access their games), but move to a really new Launcher for the new and updated games. One that does not have any relation to this stupid Windows Store system.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and xinek

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Those games had a cool gimmick where you could put some music CD to get new monsters, the game even spawned an anime.
They've updated it. Obviously someone will datamine it and everyone will have a list of the unique monsters but it's a good idea.
● The New Monster Generating System!
One of the most unique features of the original game, which allowed players to acquire monsters by importing CDs,
has been replaced with a new music database that can be used to generate monsters by searching CD titles!
"This is your chance to raise the rare monsters that you couldn’t acquire before! "

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Ah we're approaching the BF cycle point of 'the last one was the best one and the newest one sucks'
To be fair, pretty much every Battlefield game created on Frostbite engine is in a terrible state at release ( some more than the others). BF 2042 is no exception here but the difference is that underneath those issues in previous BF entries you had an exceptional game but they didn't have enough time in the oven. BF2042 on the other hand is a fecal matter not only because of technical issues, but also terrible and baffling design choices. Fixing technical issues won't make the game fun. It needs a complete revamp. The game feels like it was created by people who don't know why people like Battlefield in the first place. If you showed me this game and told me it's a Chinese Battlefield clone then I would believe you.

I still can't comprehend how they could design such fantastic movement and gun feel in BFV and then just throw it away in the next entry.

• Eyes

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Is it normal that Microsoft Chat support asks for emailso they can send verification cote that you then need to send them back so they can access your billing history? i got email from MS that my OneDrive payment didn't went through and it says on my Account page that it failed but both PayPal and my bank account have registered payment.

• Eyes

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Do we have a Linux thread?

I could not find one, but has anyone actually gotten Clip Studio Paint to work with Linux? I have seen various posts around the internet that have claimed to have it working , but most are older posts.

I was making a short list of programs that I use and looking up compatibility.
We do have a Linux gaming thread:

Sadly I can not help yo with Clip Studio Paint on Linux :weary-face:

Deleted member 113

Another Pac-Man compilation is releasing early next year:

I was unaware that Pac-Man Museum was gone from Steam since last year. :thinking-face:

This new release includes a bunch of "new" games, including Pac 'n Roll Remix, Pac-In-Time, the arcade version of Pac-Man Arrangement, Pac-Motos, and Pac-Man 256 (the later already available on Steam as a separate title).

Last edited by a moderator:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
We will be adding the classic PC versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas back to the Rockstar Store shortly as a bundle. Additionally, everyone who has purchased Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PC from the Rockstar Store through June 30, 2022, will receive these classic versions in their Rockstar Games Launcher library at no additional cost. We will update everyone as soon as these are back in the Rockstar Store.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
What they should have done from the very get go was not stop selling the originals and just bundle them with the so-called "definitive" version.

The trend of overwriting game versions is silly and remakes/remasters should just include originals whenever possible (granted, I know there are sometimes legal hurdles and such) or at the very least, the originals should be kept available.

It is hard to give them much credit since they completely dropped the ball everywhere else.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
To be fair, pretty much every Battlefield game created on Frostbite engine is in a terrible state at release ( some more than the others). BF 2042 is no exception here but the difference is that underneath those issues in previous BF entries you had an exceptional game but they didn't have enough time in the oven. BF2042 on the other hand is a fecal matter not only because of technical issues, but also terrible and baffling design choices. Fixing technical issues won't make the game fun. It needs a complete revamp. The game feels like it was created by people who don't know why people like Battlefield in the first place. If you showed me this game and told me it's a Chinese Battlefield clone then I would believe you.

I still can't comprehend how they could design such fantastic movement and gun feel in BFV and then just throw it away in the next entry.
Well I've played around 10 hours now and for me it's yep that's battlefield.

• Eyes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Damn @ 22% mostly negative for BF2042.

I was expecting it to be bad with all the complaints but not that low. yikes.

They should have delayed it by another 3 or 6 months to iron out all the problems. This was something they took a year off for as well. The franchise is probably dead if they don't turn this around quick.

• Eyes

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So I see Rockstar have released a post about the Definitive Edition of GTA.

They experienced unexpected issues. I suppose the problem is that if they where expected issues they would leave themselves open to legal cases. On the other hand it just makes them look like morons who never even tested the game before slapping them out for £50.

Anyway, the real debate is do I give Cowboy Bebop a shot on Netflix. I mean it can't be as bad as Death Note was (although I did enjoy Willem Defoe in it). Can it?

• Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Finished replaying Halo 1 and age was not kind. I don't even know what part is legacy content or bad port. How many times I jut exploded, because. I lost count.
But further than me raging, I'm a little shocked at how the Remaster is so meh. Original graphics even still have their strong points, like some lightning. The remaster feels really low effort. Now I didn't say it's unacceptable, MCC was a colossal project and they evidently didn't want to redo Halo 1 from scratch.
But still, I can honestly say I played with the new graphics because I never experienced them, not because I preferred tem.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
So I see Rockstar have released a post about the Definitive Edition of GTA.

They experienced unexpected issues. I suppose the problem is that if they where expected issues they would leave themselves open to legal cases. On the other hand it just makes them look like morons who never even tested the game before slapping them out for £50.

Anyway, the real debate is do I give Cowboy Bebop a shot on Netflix. I mean it can't be as bad as Death Note was (although I did enjoy Willem Defoe in it). Can it?
I rarely watch any TV except for live sport but I might give this a watch later. We have a Netflix sub for guests so its there for the watching.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
In Wolfire antitrust case, Valve's motion to dismiss was granted, but

"Wolfire may file a second amended complaint, addressing the infirmities described above, as well as any other changes it elects to make, within thirty (30)
days of this order."

So it may not be over yet.

Full doc:

The issues

Court wasn't convinced that Steam Store & Steam Platform are separate products

30% is not unfair, because everyone that took less than that failed

30% does not reduce number of games release, there has been more games released on Steam.

Wolfire didn't describe how review bombs harm consumers.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
In Wolfire antitrust case, Valve's motion to dismiss was granted, but

"Wolfire may file a second amended complaint, addressing the infirmities described above, as well as any other changes it elects to make, within thirty (30)
days of this order."

So it may not be over yet.

Full doc:

The issues

Court wasn't convinced that Steam Store & Steam Platform are separate products

30% is not unfair, because everyone that took less than that failed

30% does not reduce number of games release, there has been more games released on Steam.

Wolfire didn't describe how review bombs harm consumers.