Community MetaSteam | November 2021 - Bienvenidos a Mexico. Sombreros no incluidos

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
BUT MEDIA PARROTING WHAT TYLER SAID SAYS....
Tyler is an ass that with each year that passes works more with assumptions rather than real info.

For real, now that he expanded into other gaming news I've seen a couple of people I know that work in the industry be like ''that's just not true wtf''

He had his moment but now he just wants to play into the insider-personality stuff a la schreier or grubb but with a fraction of the connections and without any regard for truth.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Tyler is an ass that with each year that passes works more with assumptions rather than real info.

For real, now that he expanded into other gaming news I've seen a couple of people I know that work in the industry be like ''that's just not true wtf''

He had his moment but now he just wants to play into the insider-personality stuff a la schreier or grubb but with a fraction of the connections and without any regard for truth.
Exactly, it's really frustrating to see media just spreading this kind of information without investigating the reports, again, I'm aware it's not "their job" to do the insights, but c'mon, if you are reporting rumors at least try to get some verification from your own sources.

Funny thing is that most of this information hurts more than helps, like, for example, his report about VR is completely incorrect, there's internal work for VR and even the website that corroborated Deck said they can corroborate the existence of Deckard kits, heck, there's this twitter/YT user who does an amazing investigation for VR scene in general that has done an stunning job when it comes to deckard.

Sadly, it's not the truth that makes websites and media viable but clicks and engagement, if it's true or not it's completely secondary in this cases.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I have no problem with GOG Galaxy but then i "only" have 300 games in my library and i don't link it to other launchers.
I don't like having my account details in other launchers so i haven't linked Steam to anything else either unless i had to like with EA.
Ubisoft and EA are generally seperate with only Mass Effect Trilogy being cross launcher there.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Interesting idea, here are my picks.
I'm noticing that Steam seems to miss a few that do have Metacritic scores, also there's a surprising amount of games that have console scores but not PC ones - I left them out if I thought they're quite known (i.e Subnautica Below Zero, various Ys games,... ), but there are probably still some of these in the list.

1bitHeart
428 Shibuya Scramble
Anima: Gate of Memories
Hexcells
Higurashi
The House in Fata Morgana
LiEat
Lobotomy Corporation
MO: Astray
One Finger Death Punch
Pharao Rebirth+
Skautfold: Shrouded in Sanity
Skautfold: Usurper
Touhou Luna Nights
Umineko
The Vagrant
World End Economica Trilogy
Xuan-Yuan Sword: The Gate of Firmament
Gujian 3
Thanks for the share! I'll be picking up Pharaoh Rebirth before the sale ends. Seems right up my alley.
I also realized that I have many of these and haven't even played them...

Some more deep cuts that I remembered about:

Twilight Struggle, an adaptation of the (pricy) board game.
Siralim 1-3, monster collecting turn-based RPGs.
September 1999, a free spooky tone piece thingy.
Love and Love 2: Kuso, top notch platforming.
Mu Cartographer, a genuinely really unique puzzle game!
Zero-K, a free Total Annihilation-like with both SP and MP (yes you read that right!).

Last edited:

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Random Question. GTAV is blocked in my country, is it possible if someone from a country where it's not blocked buy it a gift it to me? I mean I have the EGS version but I'd love to have the Steam version and GTAV steam keys do not exist apparently.

• Eyes

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Yea I would much rather they award a little extra for doing things like winning, double kills, being best on your team, having least deaths etc etc. The little fun competitive things.

At the end of the day its just levels. People want to see progress bar level up so who gives a shit. Make more levels so people level up more frequently for the satisfaction. Make more junk items to give away every time you level up. There is really no fix to battle passes.

New modes/maps/events/weapons are the best thing to look forward to with this game. I really want to see them push this engine and their infrastructure. Give me a larger 24vs24 mode or a battle royale. Give me more fun and clutch team modes other than oddball/ctf.

I don't expect much from everything else.
participation XP means that a higher percentage of players will just afk the rounds. (Dunno if there is an anti-afk method in Halo or not)

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Well, it's not like doing menial or routine stuff in games as a way to unwind is a fresh concept.
"Menial and routine" about sums up my experience with Animal Crossing lol. I think i lasted like 3-4 weeks before getting sick of it. Checkin' in every day and doing the same tasks/routine ended up feeling like work. And at the time I was working 2 jobs, so more "work" is definitely not what i wanted. 😓

For some reason I just don't get along well with simulation/task games these days. But as a kid I loved them... I wonder what changed in my brain after becoming an adult that turned me off them...?

• Eyes

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Is it me, or Deep Silver is sending Chorus out to die?
I haven't seen a single piece of promotion for the game, and it's released in 3 days. :thinking-face:

Yeah, I hope the game doesn't reflect this level of confidence by Deep Silver. They actually didn't even "fix" some really good regional prices for it, which sadly these days tells me the publisher just isn’t paying attention to the game.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Still no gameplay though. Maybe at TGA?
If no gameplay by E3 2022, I think it might get delayed to 2023 lol.
(Which would probably be for the best considering well... Bethesda bugs...):blobtide:

Looks like its gonna be the greatest video game ever made.

Anything less is unacceptable.

Good luck Todd

• Toucan
  • Evil
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

Still no gameplay though. Maybe at TGA?
If no gameplay by E3 2022, I think it might get delayed to 2023 lol.
(Which would probably be for the best considering well... Bethesda bugs...):blobtide:
Already confirmed that there won't be gameplay until E3 2022. I don't like these kind of marketing where all is just talk and concept at that can be totally different from game. If you are not ready to show game then be silent until you are.

Reactions: Tomasety and xinek

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018

Rain fixed

• Eyes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It's a shame with GOG, I have a library of around 350 or something there, bought some games, but that was many years ago. These days I only buy on Steam due to trust, covnenience, ease of use and quality of life updates. I have GOG Galaxy installed, but haven't used it in at least 6 months.

Last edited:

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021

Rain fixed
Woah, the rain actually looks so much better, mostly because of that fog effect.

• Eyes

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
"Menial and routine" about sums up my experience with Animal Crossing lol. I think i lasted like 3-4 weeks before getting sick of it. Checkin' in every day and doing the same tasks/routine ended up feeling like work. And at the time I was working 2 jobs, so more "work" is definitely not what i wanted. 😓

For some reason I just don't get along well with simulation/task games these days. But as a kid I loved them... I wonder what changed in my brain after becoming an adult that turned me off them...?
I had the same thing with AC, but for a good long time it also hit the spot just right do my routine in there on a daily basis. I used to leave watering my plants for last, which is a total bore but helped me relax a little before bed :blobmorning2:

With AC it's at least not as pressing to do your tasks, whereas in a game like Destiny 2 or Genshin the aggressive timed events really did feel like I was often not so much choosing to play the game but felt almost obliged to.

Great game. Just as a fyi: the game has a single missable item which is right in the prologue - just hit a certain turtle until you get a shell.
Thanks. That would've really bugged me if I missed it!

Last edited:
  • Eyes

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I reckon I've bought 1 game on origin and 1 or 2 origin keys, 0 games on Ubisoft and 1 outside key, 1 game on gog, 0 games on the rockstar thingy, 1 bethesda key and 0 epic anything.

• Eyes

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
At a profit hopefully :h02cool:
Sadly no, but not a big loss mostly just the fees. But I did it just before the dip the stock market took with the news of the new Covid strain so the timing was good.
Thought I would invest that money in myself instead. But I still intend to return to investing soon! We should have a investing thread!

• Eyes

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Sadly no, but not a big loss mostly just the fees. But I did it just before the dip the stock market took with the news of the new Covid strain so the timing was good.
Thought I would invest that money in myself instead. But I still intend to return to investing soon! We should have a investing thread!
Investing in 10k new steam games is the best option right now. Steam's breaking new records etc.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I actually ended up beign some GME too cuz of the dip lol.
Everything went down except for Biontech/MRNA shares, those increased by +50%
:H02laughing:

Too bad i didnt buy them

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I just learned premium currency in Halo Infinite is 10% more expensive on Steam than Xbox. I guess Microsoft is accounting for Valve's commission and is slightly bumping up Steam's prices.

Edit: