Community MetaSteam | November 2021 - Bienvenidos a Mexico. Sombreros no incluidos

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
Steam sale is trending on Japanese twitter... PC gaming in Japan may be bigger than we think

It really is neat to see how Steam is growing in Japan that stuff like this can get thousands of retweets.
Even yesterday during the Utawarerumono stream when people were throwing out their platform preferences/hopes during the trailer (in Japanese) there were probably just as many people hoping the game comes to Steam as Switch/PS4.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Steam sale is trending on Japanese twitter... PC gaming in Japan may be bigger than we think
Actually it has always been popular. There is whole community of them on reddit

I talked to one guy once, he told currently it is very hard to be a PC gamer because publishers either
  1. Put extremely high regional pricing (in Yen). or
  2. Don't release the PC version of a game at all
Still, they are trying their best to get their voices heard.

Deleted member 113

Since we're on "sales season", a reminder that the following two collections can currently be had for an affordable price, and I personally find them well worth a look, since we're talking of a few dozen hours of quality content for each:

For those who enjoy "metroidvanias", this collection, for the asking price, is pretty much as good as it gets.
Aria of Sorrow is easily worth the price alone, but the other games are well worth playing as well.

M2 is behind this collection, so emulation is solid.

---

I'm sure by now most people are familiar with the Phoenix Wright series, but for those that still haven't played these games, this collection is a solid, and affordable way to play the first 3 games. We're talking about 60 hours or so of funny, engaging, and well written games, that are sure to please anyone that enjoys adventure games, or visual novels.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Unless I find something really cheap that can be bought with the wallet money I'm skipping this sale because I'm planning to upgrade to a less outdated build :evilblob:

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
From what I remember I think that there are something like 2 million registered Steam users in Japan. And there has been a large growth and some of that comes from Vtubers. Another factor has it has been mentioned before is the lack of a PS5. As it currently stands, its hard to even get a PS5 and there is not much of a point for some people to a PS4, and with how some people do have to do some work from home and stuff that encourages getting a computer you see more of that.

Prices for stuff are still expensive in Japan for PC hardware but it does seem like people are still able to buy stuff there though.
It could also be a result of the language barrier, it's possible that he's referring to the Deck as a console in that tweet and that playing the game on the Deck doesn't cause discomfort.
Makes sense since some people might just view the Deck as a console and also how some peoples biggest concern was if the thing would be comfortable to use.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Ended up getting Mass Effect. It's been a long time since I paid so much for a game but it's 3 games I love with all the dlc included and I've been itching to revisit ME for a long time. Haven't played these since beating ME3 when it originally released. Wont be spending any money on games for a while, unless something I really want hits 5 euros or something.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Did Bethedsa break the Skyrim Bundle or am i missing something?
The bundle was like £43 but buying Skyrim SE for £12 and the Anniversay Upgrade for £16 comes to £28.
What am i missing here?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Ooff.

I was going to have to reinstall Windows.. so decided to try 11 even on my unsupported processor.

As a bonus, I thought "let's see if with the new features I can avoid having to redownload Xbox games again".

Nope. Don't know exactly in which step, but Windows wiped the entire "XboxGames" folder on another drive just like it would do with the "WindowsApps" one. Imagine if someone decides to put in a "Games" folder with everything else.

On a positive side, maybe now I will stop playing Forza Horizon and move on to other games...

• Eyes

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
How do people already have the Halo Infinite event armours? I'm out of event challenges
I have it, too ;)

There's seven or eight event challenges this week. Only need to do five to unlock the armor. You can view the upcoming challenges page for the remaining. Swap out or complete some weekly challenges so that they can be added to your list (by random).

• Eyes

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Ouch, Deathloop already down to 33 bucks over on GMG. Tempting but I can hold off until the holidays sale...

Or beyond, really. Now that I know I'll be building a new PC in the coming months, I'm not in a hurry to buy any AAA games. I can just wait a bit and play them at a much higher framerate. And it gives me an excuse to focus on my backlog for a while.

• Eyes

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I have it, too ;)

There's seven or eight event challenges this week. Only need to do five to unlock the armor. You can view the upcoming challenges page for the remaining. Swap out or complete some weekly challenges so that they can be added to your list (by random).
Ah I see. Thanks.

Too bad I keep being paired with people that has never played a shooter in their lives.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I… I’m doing my best

I am not very good at playing shooters as well. I just stick with at least one of my teammates to increase my chances. Also surviving is way more crucial to the team than dying, so running from enemies is very important, too.

• Eyes

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
In the best gaming news of the year, apparently someone is making great progress on a Tales of Arise coop mod.
(Source is a discord channel so no link. Fucking Discord channels for large-scale discussion/announcements :p)

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
In the best gaming news of the year, apparently someone is making great progress on a Tales of Arise coop mod.
(Source is a discord channel so no link. Fucking Discord channels for large-scale discussion/announcements :p)
Basically restoring the coop of old, limited to combat only, or something even crazier where the other person gets to walk around as a party member in the field too?

• Eyes

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Took a cursory glance through the sale and didn't find anything. Will probably take a closer look over the weekend, but I'm not expecting too much, because it's not like I need anything right now, lol. Kind of in the mood to buy another VN though, but with the Deck on the horizon I also kinda don't want to do that right now...

Am heading towards the end in FF XV but I expect to spend some more time on cleaning up side-quests, hunts and I'm very likely going to at least check out whatever post-game there is. Then it's back to some other stuff I already started/planned. And then there's another Choice soon and I haven't played anything from the current one yet. The usual, lol.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Me: I don't need anything in particular so I won't spend money for Black Friday

Also me: That is amazing Hugo Boss coat and 500€ is not that bad price XD

Sometimes I am lucky that more expensive things is bit harder to buy here, if I was in US I would probably be broke most of the time even though I am good with money management XD

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Didn’t buy anything yet. The plan was to splurge for several VNs with good discounts, but seeing that the discount isn’t that hot I might go with less games but pricier. The obvious one is Guardians, and I‘m also quite interested in Arise.
But then again, those two games have Game Pass written all over them, so…

• Eyes

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
But no really I really don't need anything, especially not new games that I won't play for a while. I already have backlog full of great games.

And things outside of gaming I really want to get i can't for various reasons mostly not related to money. For example I want to get 3D printer for a long time now but unfortunately I don't have place where to put it so there is no point getting one.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I lied, I just completed my National Park Girls VN collection for 8 something. And that feels steep and unreasonable. Gosh, I'm doing this Steam Sale thing wrong.
I would have bought 9-nine episode 2 too, but 11 ? Get outta there ! :confounded-face:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Haven't bought anything yet but i have Skyrim SE & Anniversary in my basket and i'm really tempted by Guardians but i might pick that up at Christmas.

Oh, i tella lie, My Forza Horizon 5 xbox controller just turned up! It feels odd after using my 8bitdo Pro2 for so long but it was "driving" me mad playing Forza with it and i wanted an xbox controller to complete the trio of Switch, PS & Xbox. Oh, i have a Stadia coming on monday too.

I think i have a controller problem.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Sales are weird aren't they. Ive got my eye on Deathloop and want to pick up Wasteland 3 but ive already bought Days Gone which is probably going to take up a lot of time and RE:Village so whats the point in buying more long time investment games, the winter sale is round the corner.
I ended up buying The Pedestrian and The Longing as filler games for when im not in the mood for a mainline game.