Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Lol 48 euros for Sonic on the grey market. Will totally gamble that much on a divisive new Sonic.
I will admit I’m surprised and intrigued at the positive buzz.
But 48 euros.
For Sonic.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
And to think, just days ago you doubted it
Lashley, it's not that I doubted you personally, I tend to be kind of skeptical with certain entities and Ubisoft is one of them.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

If you're on the lookout for another Vampire Survivors clone, you might want to look at this game. I've only played it about an hour, but it seems well made and is already highly polished. The developers have said only about half the content in the game is available which makes me excited to see how it will turn out. There is a native Linux version so it works perfectly out of the box on Steam Deck, but it is a bit of a battery hog as I only get about 2 hours of playtime at 60 FPS (there are also a lot of frame rate drops when there's tons of stuff on the screen).

SEGA using Queen here is perfection.

Also, only Steam logo, so the EGS logo on the website must be a mistake.
It has 91% positive reviews on Steam. I'm honestly surprised it's so well received as I wrote it off as another junk Sonic game when it was initially revealed. I might have to play it at some point.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I would be more interested in all of the Assassins creed games on steam but I have been given as gifts or got them for free all of the other AC games on the Ubisoft launcher for the ones that aren't on steam so It's kind of a whatever thing as much aas it would be "cool" to get them on steam I dont want to spend like 300+$ just to own them again on one spot

Reactions: Cacher

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
My first impressions about Frontiers, Sonic controls slightly different between the open world and the cyberspace stages, I feel that I prefer how he controls in the open world.
The stages, I feel that they control better than Forces, Lost World and Colors, but worse than Generations. There's a few things that are a bit too finicky, but overall I'm liking the game so far.

I'm using the high speed mode with a couple of manual tweaks that I felt made it control better for me (I set turning speed to max and boost turning speed to min).

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
There are very little things more annoying than "I Voted" sticker posts on social media during US elections XD

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
My first impressions about Frontiers, Sonic controls slightly different between the open world and the cyberspace stages, I feel that I prefer how he controls in the open world.
The stages, I feel that they control better than Forces, Lost World and Colors, but worse than Generations. There's a few things that are a bit too finicky, but overall I'm liking the game so far.

I'm using the high speed mode with a couple of manual tweaks that I felt made it control better for me (I set turning speed to max and boost turning speed to min).
On PC? How's the pop in? Is there any major stutter? I know the game is locked to 60 unfortunately, waiting for someone to patch it out.

The previews makes me dismissed the game before launch but the polarizing reviews pique my interest again. Willing to part $33 (regional pricing) to test it myself.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
On PC? How's the pop in? Is there any major stutter? I know the game is locked to 60 unfortunately, waiting for someone to patch it out.

The previews makes me dismissed the game before launch but the polarizing reviews pique my interest again. Willing to part $33 (regional pricing) to test it myself.
Yeah, on PC.
I'm not having any performance issues or stuttering with an i7 9700K and a RTX 3060 Ti at 1440p (the GPU is not even close to running at max clocks), though there are users that have mentioned having performance issues or stuttering in the community hub.

Pop-in is noticeable, vegetation only goes as far as where I marked in the following pic, though I find myself not really looking at it usually, maybe due to the speed?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Soul Hackers 2
Diofield Chronicles
Triangle Strategy
Star Ocean
Tactic Ogre
Valyrie Profile
and now Sonic

Fall 2022 was overpriced niche game wonderland. I'm basically looking at GG.deals every other day, longing for the time when someone will come back to their sense.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Did Sega forget about Sonic Colors Ultimate being in EGS jail ? It was released on September 7th last year.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Soul Hackers 2
Diofield Chronicles
Triangle Strategy
Star Ocean
Tactic Ogre
Valyrie Profile
and now Sonic

Fall 2022 was overpriced niche game wonderland. I'm basically looking at GG.deals every other day, longing for the time when someone will come back to their sense.
Even beyond the price, I'd say the quality is an issue. When games are barely average (or plain bad like Valkyrie Elysium.... and arguably Soul Hackers 2) and get immediately hit by negative word of mouth, good luck selling well.
Sonic Frontiers appear to fall on the other side at least, maybe it will succeed thanks to it... also makes a strong statement about having good moment-to-moment gameplay being faaar more important than having tons of long winded, mediocre systems out of the butt.

Reactions: QFNS

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Do people in other countries get reminded when to vote?
Sure they do. Dex just hates democracy. /s
In my country when there are elections there is 1 month campaign before elections that you can't miss no matter how hard you try. Then you go and vote and that's it.

When there are US elections even I know because you can't miss it due to months and months of of campaign. And then on the day of elections tons of posts "I Voted".

And don't get me started about democracy because my opinion about 2 party system that is in America is not very good :p

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
In my country when there are elections there is 1 month campaign before elections that you can't miss no matter how hard you try. Then you go and vote and that's it.

When there are US elections even I know because you can't miss it due to months and months of of campaign. And then on the day of elections tons of posts "I Voted".

And don't get me started about democracy because my opinion about 2 party system that is in America is not very good :p

The 2 party system is not very good but I have seen what some other countries do for voting.

I think what England does is weird. Yes they vote and stuff but your vote doesn't go to an individual but rather to a party and then they choose who they want to represent you and stuff.

But yeah there is a lot of issues, were you have to pretty much align with one side or the other since since third parties never get choosen.

The issues with having multiple parties as well is that those come and go very quickly and then get merged into other and stuff like that.

Having a 2 party system mainly helps in making it easier to narrow down on how to choose and and who is campaigning.

It's a difficult thing especially in the case of the US where it's a very huge place with a hole bunch of different elections that go on at the same time. You could have multiple parties and it would be useful to have them work together to actually get stuff done because otherwise they wouldn't have enough votes to pass stuff.

Speaking of election and stuff like say Persona 5. Since that does involve an election and how they work there. So having Joker help Yoshida campaign by Japanese standards is considered very strange since young people never get involved in politics. The main way that people in Japan campaign for office is via posters and via a "soapbox" which is what Joker is going and also what the main antagonist of the game does at one point. It looks like in real life the only people that ever gather at those are old people and young people just ignore them and go on their merry way.

I remember doing this whole thing about having a 2 party system and how that can be useful and how having a multi party system can also be useful and of course their downsides.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
The 2 party system is not very good but I have seen what some other countries do for voting.

I think what England does is weird. Yes they vote and stuff but your vote doesn't go to an individual but rather to a party and then they choose who they want to represent you and stuff.

But yeah there is a lot of issues, were you have to pretty much align with one side or the other since since third parties never get choosen.

The issues with having multiple parties as well is that those come and go very quickly and then get merged into other and stuff like that.

Having a 2 party system mainly helps in making it easier to narrow down on how to choose and and who is campaigning.

It's a difficult thing especially in the case of the US where it's a very huge place with a hole bunch of different elections that go on at the same time. You could have multiple parties and it would be useful to have them work together to actually get stuff done because otherwise they wouldn't have enough votes to pass stuff.

Speaking of election and stuff like say Persona 5. Since that does involve an election and how they work there. So having Joker help Yoshida campaign by Japanese standards is considered very strange since young people never get involved in politics. The main way that people in Japan campaign for office is via posters and via a "soapbox" which is what Joker is going and also what the main antagonist of the game does at one point. It looks like in real life the only people that ever gather at those are old people and young people just ignore them and go on their merry way.

I remember doing this whole thing about having a 2 party system and how that can be useful and how having a multi party system can also be useful and of course their downsides.
My general stance on politics and politicians is that I hate them. Every single one of those politicians anywhere in the world these days cares only about their own ass and chair and not people. And I am bit of radical in my circle of friends and family because I always day that people should smack politicians whenever they see them on the streets, just to remind them who they are working for XD

• This!
Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
My general stance on politics and politicians is that I hate them. Every single one of those politicians anywhere in the world these days cares only about their own ass and chair and not people. And I am bit of radical in my circle of friends and family because I always day that people should smack politicians whenever they see them on the streets, just to remind them who they are working for XD
Both the politicians and the rich have forgotten about the guillotines !

• This!
  • Toucan
Reactions: lashman and C-Dub
OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
You are certainly not alone in not trusting Ubisoft (or any other publisher for that matter). Thankfully customers have the power to push them towards the desired outcome.
Well, thankfully it seems that instead of focusing on boycotts, people do indeed push for their desired outcome on the platform. And in addition to that, it seems that customers do support what they asked for cause' most of the time said results do have a positive ending. So, yeah

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Did Sega forget about Sonic Colors Ultimate being in EGS jail ? It was released on September 7th last year.
Nah, they haven't forgotten it, my guess is that they didn't want it to steal attention away from Frontiers, or maybe they saw that the fall season is having too many releases and decided to wait a while longer before releasing it on Steam?

EDIT: Servers for Dark Souls Remaster have returned:

Last edited:

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018

This is not at all true or accurate.

Votes in England are for an individual that in most cases represent a larger party. Independants are a thing though.

The person you vote for usually represents a party although in some cases this can be because being an independant candidate with no backing (from the party) might be financially unviable and they join a party that closely represents their personal ideology. Election costs are expensive for even simple stuff like printing your own leaflets.

There are a fair amount of independant local councilors but less so as you move up the political ladder to Government and this IS because of financial burden of campaigning as an independant.
The brits do like to vote for a personality though through its main party and its awful and stupid.

We as a country can also be pretty stupid with how we vote and instead of looking at an incumbent local councilor of one party and saying "they they do a good job lets vote for them" they vote along the lines of their national party in local elections which is pretty daft.

But anyway, the votes do go to an individual and the results are decided on how many of those individuals represent a particular party.

As people are by large stupid and like to vote along party lines (like America), you can get total idiots representing you at a local level that in turn represent a larger party that people have chosen as their political ideology.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Vermintide 2 was redeemed 10 million times during its free giveaway.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
This is not at all true or accurate.

Votes in England are for an individual that in most cases represent a larger party. Independants are a thing though.

The person you vote for usually represents a party although in some cases this can be because being an independant candidate with no backing (from the party) might be financially unviable and they join a party that closely represents their personal ideology. Election costs are expensive for even simple stuff like printing your own leaflets.

There are a fair amount of independant local councilors but less so as you move up the political ladder to Government and this IS because of financial burden of campaigning as an independant.
The brits do like to vote for a personality though through its main party and its awful and stupid.

We as a country can also be pretty stupid with how we vote and instead of looking at an incumbent local councilor of one party and saying "they they do a good job lets vote for them" they vote along the lines of their national party in local elections which is pretty daft.

But anyway, the votes do go to an individual and the results are decided on how many of those individuals represent a particular party.

As people are by large stupid and like to vote along party lines (like America), you can get total idiots representing you at a local level that in turn represent a larger party that people have chosen as their political ideology.

I must have looked at some wrong information then. Since that's what it was telling me. Or maybe it had something to do with how the prime minister is choosen or something.

Anyway thank you for clearing that up.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Picked up Ragnarok today, didn't plan it, but a retailer had it cheaper than the official price (56$ instead of the usual 77,5$) so I jumped on it.

Might be a dumb decision as I will get the game on PC too.

But I haven't touched my PS5 since finishing Forbidden West in february.

I don't use my PS5 these days and when Im done with Ragnarok I have no idea when the next time will be.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Hell no, I will need tl;dr for this one fam

Marty Stratton, @idSoftware Studio Director, lied about @DOOM Eternal's OST events in a Reddit post that used disinformation to blame me entirely for its failure Later, he offered me a six-figure sum to never speak about it
The truth is more important.

In Marty’s “DOOM Eternal OST Open Letter”, posted on Reddit on May 5, 2020, he made allegations against me that directly contradicted the actual events, contractual terms, public announcements and contents of emails and calls.
And also stuff like id including tracks that they rejected from Mick in the game, including those rejected tracks resulted in the amount of music used in the game being more than double what Mick was contracted to do, so they pretty much only paid him half of what he did.
And a huge amount of mismanagement and abuse of power from id's side.

EDIT: There's a summary at the bottom of the article:
DOOM Eternal
I haven’t been paid for over half of DOOM Eternal’s music: The game includes more than double the music I was contracted to produce. Rejects, mockups, demos, many of which were never meant for public release. I created this music as part of the development process and shared it with id Software in good faith. But id Software used the music in the game, marketing and soundtrack and still refuses to pay me for it.

The DOOM Eternal OST was a mess
It was announced, with my name attached, and made available for pre-order before I was contracted to produce it. Despite my alarm and constant appeals Marty refused to do anything about the situation, leading to a nine-month delay before I could start work.

The deadline was April 16 (29 days later) and the contract stipulated id Software had complete creative control and would aquire access to all my source material.

Marty withheld crucial details from me until 13 days before my deadline, such as:

• Potential legal trouble they faced for taking pre-orders before it was under contract.
  • Details about their internally-produced OST: an alternative edited from my in-game score, which they’d worked on for at least six months without my knowledge or involvement.
I didn’t approve the release: In the days leading up to April 16, Marty cut me out of the process and decided to release their alternative version instead, reducing my direct contributions to filler. Both he, and id Software’s Lead Audio Designer, Chad Mossholder, didn’t allow me to hear the final album and didn’t seek my approval; they weren’t contractually required to do so.

OST release
Their poor-quality release immediately drew criticism, and a worried Marty personally asked me for assistance in addressing the situation. I made myself entirely available to Marty and committed to satisfying disappointed customers with a better OST. Marty made it clear he wanted me involved, saying he wanted a positive outcome, had no ill intentions and wanted to resolve the issue professionally.

• He offered to draft a joint statement addressing the situation and announcing plans to move forward.
  • He requested I hold off on making further public comments until we could address the public together.
Marty told me to expect the draft within hours, but it never arrived.

Reddit
Instead, days later, he published a 2500+ word “open letter” on a fan-run Reddit page that singled me out as the sole cause behind the botched OST. The post attracted thousands of comments and news articles and severely damaged my personal and professional reputation. Worst of all, he did it behind my back whilst leading me on with a bullshit story about working together on a professional solution to the problem.

His statement was full of lies, disinformation and innuendo, and when challenged, his company offered me a six-figure sum to shut up about it. When I tried, time and time again, amid a torrent of abuse, harassment and threats, to resolve the matter more amicably, he constantly refused, worried how addressing the Reddit post would damage his own reputation instead.

But as far as I’m concerned, truth and honesty are more important: Marty’s words damaged my character and attacked my reputation. I have afforded him ample opportunity to address this issue, but his refusal to do so has left me with no option other than to issue this statement.

Last edited:
OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Tomorrow will be two years since AC: Valhalla launched. Just saying.
Let's say it happens tomorrow....

Will they just announce Valhalla or perhaps they will do like EA and add small waves of games? :thinking-blob:

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Let's say it happens tomorrow....

Will they just announce Valhalla or perhaps they will do like EA and add small waves of games? :thinking-blob:
I think they do waves. The first wave could be Assassin's Creed (put Valhalla on sale and set up a store page for Mirage), then a wave for Far Cry 6, then one for Tom Clancy and another for their smaller games (Anno, Riders Republic, Immortals Fenyx Rising etc).

OP
Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I think they do waves. The first wave could be Assassin's Creed (put Valhalla on sale and set up a store page for Mirage), then a wave for Far Cry 6, then one for Tom Clancy and another for their smaller games (Anno, Riders Republic, Immortals Fenyx Rising etc).
That's exactly what makes sense to me, tbh

Reactions: ExistentialThought
Status
Not open for further replies.