Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
There was a guy that wanted an iPhone so bad that he did surgery in some back alley to sell his kidney, but he got a nasty infection and was bedridden for the rest of his life IIRC. At least he got the iPhone.
When I lived in Egypt in the late 90s mobile phones were taking off but stupid expensive for your average Egyptian wage. Despite this they rapidly became a "must have" item and a symbol of wealth. I remember reading in the paper that some dude crossing the road with a phone stuck to his ear got himself run over and killed. Turned out the phone was a plastic toy.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Official now, I guess hehe

Before anyone says is. No, I don't think this one will go EGS, this is either Multistore or Steam-only.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Official now, I guess hehe

Before anyone says is. No, I don't think this one will go EGS, this is either Multistore or Steam-only.
Remember a PR said it on reveal that was a 6 months exclusive deal, then they tried to recant

Remember they did the same stunt on the same day for Demon's Souls remake, when the mantra was still "only PS4 games will come to PC"

• This!
  • Toucan
Reactions: prudis and lashman

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Honestly, PS5 is a pretty bad console. The OS experience is not as good as the PS4's, the system itself is ugly and there's no games. Not a day goes by where I regret selling it, and even if Sony bought all the timed exclusives in the world I wouldn't go back because it's a bad console.

Just wait for the PC release. We don't even know if the game is going to be good yet, so I wouldn't recommend buying a console for it.

Plus if you buy/rent consoles to buy an exclusive game, you're just encouraging future PC delays and Square Enix's "let them double dip" and "we don't actually need to bother with non-PS platforms" mentalities.

Yeah FOMO sucks, but these companies should be bringing the games to you rather than you spending over the odds to play one game.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
I think this was announced for PC ages ago, but it’s been long enough that I thought it had been cancelled. On the former Apple Arcade exclusive front, maybe Capcom will finally bring Shinsekai to PC, though I’m not holding my breath.

Anyway, the first Oceanhorn was a decent enough Zelda clone, up until I got to one puzzle that requires you to hit a switch within an absurdly narrow window of time and gave up. Hopefully the sequel is better.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Honestly, PS5 is a pretty bad console. The OS experience is not as good as the PS4's, the system itself is ugly and there's no games. Not a day goes by where I regret selling it, and even if Sony bought all the timed exclusives in the world I wouldn't go back because it's a bad console.
I can say many bad things about PS5, but the OS is not one of them. In my opinion, it's anything but ugly. There are some really minor things missing, but at least it's quick and snappy.
The console design and controller are S-tier, as in Shit tier. If my Deck can last as long using PS5 remote play as the PS5 controller itself, then you know something went wrong.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Less than a 2 months until end of the year and still 0 info about Witcher 3 RTX release. I guess it will be either delayed or shadow dropped during TGA.

Reactions: thekeats1999

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
The OS experience is not as good as the PS4's
I respectfully disagree. It looks and feels like a dream, especially when it doesn't take a quite a few seconds while you wait the console to unfuck itself so it loads the store.

My only UI complaint is that the settings menu isn't as accessible.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Less than a 2 months until end of the year and still 0 info about Witcher 3 RTX release. I guess it will be either delayed or shadow dropped during TGA.
I heard talkings about a december 9 release but no idea where the rumor came from

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Assuming Square-Enix actually have the port ready to go after 6 months and not a day later (lol), yeah that's not too bad. I expected at least a year, likely more. FFVIIR took forever.

Reactions: QFNS

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
So I did a thing:
Revealed content
I was patient with Valve in hopes they would release it here officially but I couldn't wait any longer. Dear god was it a hassle to order.
Had to get a VPN, change my steam region to Germany, get a local payment method and order it to a parcel shop at the swiss-german border.

Only problem is I can't change my steam region back until 3 months have passed, so I'm kinda scared they ban my account since most games are quite a bit cheaper in €.

Can't wait until it arrives and finally try this thing for myself. I was so jelly of everyone posting their decks.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
How long are they gonna work on it before they simply announce it? Been so long.
Hopefully something bigger first after Sackboy, let Returnal be 2023 while, IDK, announce Tsushima now.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
and in recent news, the golden fish Max Fosh put out as a treasure hunt has finally been found after 3 months

general consensus? the hunt was absolute fucking shite lol

as far as we know, the steps to find the fish were to:
  1. first do a spoonerism of the song, which would get you "fax mosh" - you had to fax Mosh, but to do that, you had to first find a site to find the fax number - sounds good so far
  2. you had to guess the fucking site.
  3. you had to guess the fucking site.
  4. you had to go on random websites with "mosh" in it, trying out every combination of domain that starts with dot "f (...)", until you magically found a website that actually belonged to max fosh. yes, this implies going on random websites. with potential viruses. with drive by downloads. yes.
  5. this also implies that any poor sod involved in the community could have made a site which looks related to the hunt, and just put viruses on it.
  6. he wanted us to go on random sites.
  7. anyways, after you found the site, the fax number you originally had to fax to was there, so if you found the site, you found the fax number you had to fax it to
  8. however, after realizing that the way he designed it was stupid, he gave some hints that made it obvious that it was a site with the domain "mosh.fun" - in which he then proceeded to change the site to not have the fax number anymore, and instead told us to wait
  9. he wanted us to wait until he made another riddle on that site, in which after it, it was solved within days, with no clear reason how, but speculations say:
    1. there are talks of FUCKING OLD NAVAL CODE YOU CAN'T FIND ON THE INTERNET to find a number you had to fax to, which would be "faxing mosh"

god i hate it when people make riddles and puzzles incompetently, nothing will ever beat NotPron at this

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
In case folks weren't able to catch the end of the Extra Life stream we were able to reach our goal! Thank you so much to everyone that donated and stopped by during the stream! I don't think I could have done the entire 24 hours by myself.

I appreciate all of the support everyone showed me and a huge thank you to my friends that were there for most of it and jumped into some games with me to help keep my energy and spirits up. It was truly heartwarming and I cannot fully express how much I appreciate it. :blobhug:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I think I made peace with the loss of a numpad for a mecha keyboard. But I won't budge on AZERTY, I have full confidence that it's not a good layout, even for French speaking people, but you QWERTY deviants don't have accents. The literal hell.

Still not sure I would like the slimer Enter key, though :thinking-face:

Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.