Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
These new Twitter changes has been implemented so haphazardly that I can imagine the software engineers behind them are preparing their resume in order to jump ship while doing their final commits. :flare_lmao:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
These new Twitter changes has been implemented so haphazardly that I can imagine the software engineers behind them are preparing their resume in order to jump ship while doing their final commits. :flare_lmao:
Musk already fired 50% or more of the staff, when someone does that you gotta know the axe is coming for the other 50% soon. Sharpen up that resume immediately.

• Evil
Reactions: Kvik

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Musk already fired 50% or more of the staff, when someone does that you gotta know the axe is coming for the other 50% soon. Sharpen up that resume immediately.
Nah all major companies will fire tons of people this and next year. Meta fired 11K people today for example, that is 3 times more than Musk did. Also hiring is frozen in all major companies until 2024.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Nah all major companies will fire tons of people this and next year. Meta fired 11K people today for example, that is 3 times more than Musk did. Also hiring is frozen in all major companies until 2024.
I mean he did say his goal was to fire 75% of the people. How musk is handling this really isn’t “normal nothing to worry about” by industry standards .

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I mean he did say his goal was to fire 75% of the people. How musk is handling this really isn’t “normal nothing to worry about” by industry standards .
Handling is sloppy for sure but firing lots of people would probably happen one way or another. Most of the big tech companies have more people than they need and everything is nice and dandy while profits are going up. As soon as profits drop firing starts. And that kinda proves that company is too bloated, because if you can fire 11K people in a day and still continue to work without basically any issues did you really needed those 11K people or did you just hired them to remove talent from the market so competition can't find that talent?

• Toucan
Reactions: PC-tan and QFNS

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Handling is sloppy for sure but firing lots of people would probably happen one way or another. Most of the big tech companies have more people than they need and everything is nice and dandy while profits are going up. As soon as profits drop firing starts. And that kinda proves that company is too bloated, because if you can fire 11K people in a day and still continue to work without basically any issues did you really needed those 11K people or did you just hired them to remove talent from the market so competition can't find that talent?
Without any issues? The people still at twitter need to work double now(have to sleep in the office), so the same work needs to be done but with fewer people. Wouldn't say that is "too bloated"

• This!
Reactions: QFNS and Kvik

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Let's not forget, Musk fired Twitter programmers who wrote the less amount of code without knowing that the whole point of programming is to write less amount of code which will stand scrutiny.

The bozo is not an engineer (despite some muskrats insisting that he is), and a bad businessman to boot.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Let's not forget, Musk fired Twitter programmers who wrote the less amount of code without knowing that the whole point of programming is to write less amount of code which will stand scrutiny.

The bozo is not an engineer (despite some muskrats insisting that he is), and a bad businessman to boot.
He did what?
"Lines of Code written" is like the stupidest metric possible to evaluate productivity/know-how.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Without any issues? The people still at twitter need to work double now(have to sleep in the office), so the same work needs to be done but with fewer people. Wouldn't say that is "too bloated"
I meant Meta in that case. As i saidfiring was handle sloppy in Twitter case, like everything else so far.

He just had to do what he did to Tesla and Space X, hire people who know how to do job properly and not play with Twitter. Basically he should just be piggy bank and keep meming and let capable people do their job.

• Toucan
Reactions: QFNS

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I am really interested to see what does Assassin's Creed Revelations Patch 2022 that popped up as depot in SteamDB means. Brotherhood also has new depot called acb_rdv_test. What does rdv mean?

Reactions: thekeats1999

Deleted member 113

In case anyone is interested in retro games, do note that the Atari Vault compilation and its DLC (handled by Code Mystics) will be removed from Steam any moment now, to make way for Atari's new Atari 50 release.

This older compilation, Atari Vault, actually has numerous games that won't be part of the new one, and the DLC even has some unreleased prototypes, so if you want to get them, I would advise you to pick up the soon to be removed compilation as soon as possible.

An important note: at least in Europe, there are several stores (like Gamebillet, Fanatical, and WinGameStore) selling both the compilation and the DLC for much less than Steam, with a price that's almost half the Steam price (without discounts), so you'll probably be able to buy an official Steam key for much less than buying these on Steam.

Deleted member 113

Out now:

This forgotten oddity, that shares some similarities with the Persona series, was originally published by Atlus, and it has now been remastered and translated to English.

The developer behind it has voiced his hopes that the game sells well, so that a sequel can finally be made.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Of all the stupid billionaires who failed upwards through exploitation and inheritance, Elon Musk is probably the stupidest.

His Twitter takeover has been an absolute shitshow.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Capcom and Namco figured out how to play the game. Square and SEGA are still just complaining.
Dunno about Squeenix, but seems like SEGA is doing fine overall?

According to their financial reports, Q2 was within expectations, Soul Hackers 2 and Two Point Campus sold slightly below expectations, but older titles remained at the same level as last years Q2 and F2P had strong sales.
They're also expecting Soul Hackers 2 and Two Point Campus to do fine in the long term, and, at least based on peak concurrent players on Steam, seems like Persona 5 Royal and Sonic Frontiers are both off to a good start?

EDIT: On another note:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Those Tactics Ogre review scores are much higher than I expected, but I still think it needs to wait, have too much on my plate.

Last edited:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Possibly, but it isn't guaranteed. Today marks two years since AC: Valhalla released, but things might not be ready on Ubi's end.
There's an Assassin's Creed sale on EGS so it probably isn't happening today.

Status
Not open for further replies.