Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Cheers Mor. Already have tactics ogre preordered, let's see if it's as good as everyone keeps saying.

Anybody got tips for ring of pain? Having fun but I can never get far and I am at like 10 hours lol.
It's been a long time since I last played it but from what I remember monsters scale with ring level which means you can abuse this to get better gear/spells by using an alternative exit from the level instead of jumping straight to the next level. The alternative exit takes you to a smaller room with some loot and, usually, easier mobs.
It's best to save a bit for the bigger chests than to open a lot of small ones. Bigger chest have better gear/spells that are ridiculously powerful.
Never sacrifice speed.

Reactions: QFNS

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Another great thread, Mor .

I wonder if Miles Morales can even come close to the success of Spiderman, which was on the top 10 for like 10 weeks or something. I doubt it, but it will be interesting to follow.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I was planning no purchases but then I saw Ryza 2 on sale.

Played a little bit of the first one and I loved it, so now I want all the games for the inevitable series binge.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Sackboy now requires EOS overlay, fuck off.

This game is doomed
Hope they patch this out eventually. I was thinking of buying it eventually as a local co-op game. But having to use EOS is massive annoyance. I'd rather not share my data with Epic, a company known to use their software to access users local Steam files without their consent.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Honestly I have never heard of Ghost Song before some of you mentioning it. Looks like a fun Metroid clone.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I don't like Epic but it seems that EOS does provide a useful service to developers. I am not aware if any competitors exist, in any case the popularity of Unreal Engine means that an integrated solution will most likely win out.
The problem are the varying degrees of how EOS can be implemented and how opaque it is to the end user. Not to mention, if it is implemented several months or years later which has been the case several times over.

At a glance I do not really care about EOS, but when it is implemented in a way that makes itself known, like in the worse case, requiring an Epic account to access a game on Steam, that is a massive point of frustration and a deal breaker to someone like myself with no Epic account (deleted mine after the second time it was compromised, before EGS launched though).

I do not want yet another layer of companies responsible for whether or not I have access to the game I purchased. If EOS quietly loads in the background and does not force any Epic account on me, even better can be deleted, then it is what it is. I still think it could bite many devs in the butt in the long term, especially for older depreciated titles having these services they arw tied to outside of Steam, but I do not make the calls.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Huh.
Here is The Sacred Pools, an unreleased FMV game by Sega planned for release in 1997. The game was a new arrival to the FMV market that was pushed as an “erotic thriller” for older audiences. With a reported budget of 2-3 million dollars, Sega’s new division SegaSoft aimed to expand the experiences available on Saturn, PC, Macintosh, and PSX(!). Although Sacred Pools made a legendary debut at E3 1996, the press panned the game for its quality and it was quietly pushed aside to never be heard from again.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I am hearing mixed reports on whether it now requires account linking. So annoyed, I bought this for cheap off a 3rd party site and now cannot refund...
You don't. The game shows a pop up saying "Use your Epic Games account to continue" but you can close it out and play no issue. Online works too through Steam, the link is likely for crossplay, Seems to work exactly the same as Tetris Effect.

As far as im aware you cant actually access the overlay itself if you don't link your EGS account either. Though achievement pop ups appear in the bottom right for both EOS and Steam regardless of your link status which is annoying.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
From what I gather, Onoma never had any specific IPs they worked on, but instead made mobile games.

I think a few people have mixed them up with Eidos Montreal.

Still, a very bizarre move. Fuck Embracer. You don’t let a studio change their name and celebrate that, then sack everyone two weeks later.

• This!
Reactions: ExistentialThought

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah, I think I mentioned this before but I really wonder if all their acquisitions were because they actually want that many studios or if it's more of a "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" kinda deal. Like, they'll have them all pump out games over the next few years and just immediately kill the studios that don't deliver.

edit: Oh and seems P4G is getting an update on PC ahead of the rerelease. Cool to see Atlus maintaining version parity instead of going the shitty Capcom route and having console exclusive updates.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Yeah, I think I mentioned this before but I really wonder if all their acquisitions were because they actually want that many studios or if it's more of a "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" kinda deal. Like, they'll have them all pump out games over the next few years and just immediately kill the studios that don't deliver.
The Elon Musk method

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
What likely happened with SE montreal is during negotiations SE required they take them too and the purchase price for everything was low enough for Embracer to give in. It's pretty clear that besides all the IPs they only wanted crystal dynamics and eidos montreal.

The more important news from Schreier is that they cancelled that awful sounding kids bike game (which to me screamed co-op focused) and are now in the early stages of a new Deus Ex which was originally going to wait until their next project was out.

Status
Not open for further replies.