Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
The more important news from Schreier is that they cancelled that awful sounding kids bike game (which to me screamed co-op focused) and are now in the early stages of a new Deus Ex which was originally going to wait until their next project was out.
Hadn't heard about that kids game (seems like it could've been alright but whatever) but I like that they're prioritizing a new Deus Ex. The mismanagement of that IP (all their western IPs, really, but that one more than the others) is like the one thing that has really soured me on Square-Enix as a whole and has convinced me that they're completely inept clowns.

I wonder if this will be the second half of Mankind Divided we were supposed to get or just a completely new thing. I think some (most?) of the leads for MD have left the studio at this point... :/

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Man, just three weeks after the new logo and rebranding? That's just brutal even by the standards of this industry.

as for the "kids on bikes" game, honestly, we knew too little about it to say whether it could have been any good. wonder if that's the team assisting Playground on the Fable reboot now?

• Sad
Reactions: sk2k and lashman

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
I wonder if this will be the second half of Mankind Divided we were supposed to get or just a completely new thing. I think some (most?) of the leads for MD have left the studio at this point... :/
Given that it's still very early and that Mankind Divided came out in 2016, I'd say it's pretty unlikely that any new Deus Ex project would be a direct sequel to MD. Most likely going to be a soft reboot with a new time period/protagonist.

(speaking of MD, I should play that at some point... one of those games I've had in my Steam library for years now, but never gotten around to)

Reactions: Pommes and lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Oh yeah, baby ! I have no idea what it would change for me, probably nothing, but I’m in.
yup, wouldn't change anything :p but you can move your current one to the new one, if you want (it will move your follows and followers, but not your posts)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Im sure that this has been known for a number of years, him along with Randy are both sum bags from what I remember.

Remero use to be pretty bad but he has calmed down over the years from what I have heard and it's nice to have a conversation with.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
So everyone's been talking about a really scary section in Shadows of Rose. I had no idea what it entailed but boy, I sure do now...

Anyway, gotta love the RE engine. After seeing my PC struggle through Plague Tale, going back to this game running effortlessly at 60fps feels great.
Obviously PT pushes more modern rendering techniques but man, I honestly feel it shouldn't be quite as demanding as it is.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
So everyone's been talking about a really scary section in Shadows of Rose. I had no idea what it entailed but boy, I sure do now...

Anyway, gotta love the RE engine. After seeing my PC struggle through Plague Tale, going back to this game running effortlessly at 60fps feels great.
Obviously PT pushes more modern rendering techniques but man, I honestly feel it shouldn't be quite as demanding as it is.
Funnily enough, I didnt find anything in REV–SoR scary, but I know what section you most likely mean. :)

the RE engine is great, yeah! The way it runs and the way it looks is an amazing combo, and honestly I dont need games to look better than this. I hope that Capcom doesnt get lured into using UE at some point and keep using RE engine. And I hope more devs use their own great engines! ( Shame about the Fox Engine, that was a great looking/running engine as well!)

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Humble Choice for November 2022

This is a great month for me. Several Wishlist items up there and a couple that look worth checking out.

I've been itching in particular to finally check out Amalur after all these years. Always heard mixed things about it. I know the studio was a mess as well. But on the other hand reevaluations over the past few years have been really favorable.

Anyway, I fired it up for a bit and was instantly enamored. Looks and runs great. Feels like a cross between Darksiders and Fable if that makes any sense. Love the "decade old design sensibilities" vibe of the whole thing. Feels slick & streamlined.

Big thumbs up so far.

Isn't this the game that has been in development for decades?
Been in development since 2002.

So 20 years.

Shockingly, UnReal World has been in active development since 1992.

So 30 years (and still getting updates).

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
November already! Thanks for the thread Mor!

I was on vacation from work all of last week... was supposed to go to Japan, but my spouse just transferred to a new job and didnt have any vacation days to use, so we had to reschedule. On the bright side, that meant almost 13 straight days of mostly gaming! :blobmorning2:

Beat Plague Tale 2 100% - just a phenomenal game all around, it's the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves to the first Plague Tale's Uncharted 1. Amazing art direction and fantastic set pieces. Demanding CPU-wise as far as I can tell, but I averaged 72 fps or so at 1080p on my laptop, which has a 5600H/3060 (yes, my desktop GPU still hasnt come back in, because Zotac is useless).

Presently hopelessly addicted to Gunfire Reborn; that just passed me by when it originally launched on Steam, but after trying it on XGP I can't... stop... playing it. Its been out for a couple of days and I've already played it for like 35 hours, just nuts. I regret not hopping on that train earlier, its the roguelite Borderlands of my dreams :smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes:

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Hadn't heard about that kids game (seems like it could've been alright but whatever) but I like that they're prioritizing a new Deus Ex. The mismanagement of that IP (all their western IPs, really, but that one more than the others) is like the one thing that has really soured me on Square-Enix as a whole and has convinced me that they're completely inept clowns.

It would be nice if they finished jensen's story but I don't think they will. The next game is probably 4 years away at least and by that point we're talking 10 years since mankind divided, and these games didn't exactly light the world on fire sales wise so I imagine with that huge gap in between that cuts your audience down even more. As much as I hate the idea it makes all the sense in the world to just start over and reboot the IP with a different character.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Thanks for the thread once again, Mor :flare_bath:

Monochrome Mobius and perhaps Tactics Ogre for me this month.

Today is my birthday, so will probably spend the day relaxing and not doing much else. :flare_lmao:
Happy birthday! I also took a day off today to rest. These 12-hour working days last month were killing me.

Sakura Wars' composer Kohei Tanaka (also Gravity Rush, One Piece and a ton of animes) will be working on three "big jobs" at the same time, and all of them are orchestra. Please please please one of them has to be a new SW project!

Last edited:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
In the third quarter of 2022, revenue grew by 7% to EUR 7.9 million. Development fees made up 95% and royalties 5% of the revenue. Key positive contributors were the development fees from Alan Wake 2 and Max Payne 1&2 Remake. At the same time, development fees from Codename Condor and Alan Wake Remastered and game royalties from Control decreased from the comparison period. Alan Wake Remastered and Crossfire did not generate royalties.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Man, just three weeks after the new logo and rebranding? That's just brutal even by the standards of this industry.

as for the "kids on bikes" game, honestly, we knew too little about it to say whether it could have been any good. wonder if that's the team assisting Playground on the Fable reboot now?
I would not be shocked if we learned embracer has done this with several other devs theyve picked up over the past few years. This one just broke into the news cycle due to the nature of original acquisition and the recent public renaming. Good Guy Embracer never eally existed, they just bought up a lot of well liked IP from the grave/other publishers who had sat on them.

wasnt the alan wake remaster egs'clusive? no shit it didn't bring in any royalties for remedy

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Man I’m still very interested by the onslaught of Square Enix releases, but at 40+ a pop on grey sites, fuck that noise.

Reactions: lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Neat, Sega patched the Judgment games to FSR 2.1.2 among other things. Doesn't seem like they also did that for any of the Yakuzas though. Oh well, still cool.

Edit: they fucked something up for Lost Judgement, lol, it's downloading 18.4GB! The Judgement patch was small, this doesn't seem to do that much more 🤷‍♂️
Ok, so maybe that "fixed a portion of event scenes to play at 60fps" means we're basically re-downloading some of the pre-rendered videos in better quality 👀

Last edited:

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Neat, Sega patched the Judgment games to FSR 2.1.2 among other things. Doesn't seem like they also did that for any of the Yakuzas though. Oh well, still cool.

Edit: they fucked something up for Lost Judgement, lol, it's downloading 18.4GB! The Judgement patch was small, this doesn't seem to do that much more 🤷‍♂️
Ok, so maybe that "fixed a portion of event scenes to play at 60fps" means we're basically re-downloading some of the pre-rendered videos in better quality 👀
Every time a patch is released, the DLSS mod breaks :notlikethisblob:

Status
Not open for further replies.