Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
No, it’s a different game
Ok, I’m lost.
Is it part of the same universe ? Does it take place before Tsukuhime and Fate ?

Last edited:

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Ok, I’m lost.
Is it part of the same universe ? Does it take place before Tsukuhime and Fate ?
Mahoyo takes places 10 years before Tsukihime, they're set in the same universe but not necessarily the same timeline.
Characters from Mahoyo are also present in the various Fate works but they're characters from their own timelines (maybe).

If what you're trying to guess is if you need to read something else before Mahoyo then the answer is no.

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Been playing Weird West occasionally. Runs ok (in terms of battery life) on the Deck with settings at a mix of low to medium and at 30 FPS. The game itself clearly has some of that immersive sim DNA pumping through it, even though it's not the typical way those games are presented (FPS). Lot's of complex systems, enemies that move around dynamically and react to things.
How did I miss Weird West!? CRPG like game with Immersive Sim sensibilities, sounds like right up my alley!

Hell its on game pass too!
I haven't played it for more than a couple hours yet, but it's pretty good. Gives you a lot of freedom to take on missions either lethally or non-lethally, and using both stealth or combat. And quick saving/loading is even encouraged by the game via a tutorial pop-up, so they surely know their audience.

Last edited:
  • Gib
Reactions: QFNS and Le Pertti

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I guess Tsukihime remake might be localized too since it’s mentioned in the ESRB description of Mahoyo

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
What's the best -and cheapest 1 month plan- VPN? I need to buy something digital from Amazon Japan but it's a geoblocked content, I was using Tunnel Bear without issues but recently doesn't work well at the ending point, seems like socks 4 or 5 protocol issue but no sure, have nothing to with address and payment method because I have a japanese VISA and address that I used before to buy other items, but I'm not there right now.
Some people say NordVPN but I've read on reddit some people have been getting issues with streaming platforms like Netflix so I'd could get the same problem like Tunnel Bear.
Any recommendation?

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
What's the best -and cheapest 1 month plan- VPN? I need to buy something digital from Amazon Japan but it's a geoblocked content, I was using Tunnel Bear without issues but recently doesn't work well at the ending point, seems like socks 4 or 5 protocol issue but no sure, have nothing to with address and payment method because I have a japanese VISA and address that I used before to buy other items, but I'm not there right now.
Some people say NordVPN but I've read on reddit some people have been getting issues with streaming platforms like Netflix so I'd could get the same problem like tunnel bear.
Not sure if it's the cheapest, but whenever it comes to VPNs folks I talk with can't shut about Mullvad, and just checked: they have plenty Japanese servers since that's what you need. Might be worth a look.

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the new thread mor!

Sadly there is not really anything im going to buy in November, so im just gonna play some games on steam i bought a long time ago, that i havnt played yet.
Sorry friend, but this is not how things work. You will keep purchasing more and more cheap games, via sales and bundles, and your backlog will continue to grow more and more and more and Mor . Then you will slowly play a few games a month at most, perhaps finishing one or two, and have ever increasing difficulty on deciding what game to play next... and end up choosing something you've already beaten before. This is the way.

Censored

Oct 8, 2021
Not sure if it's the cheapest, but whenever it comes to VPNs folks I talk with can't shut about Mullvad, and just checked: they have plenty Japanese servers since that's what you need. Might be worth a look.
If it's a one time thing, you could try proton VPN. The free tier lets you connect to Japan/USA/Europe(NL).
Same issue on both VPN

Mullvad is quite cheap, I've paid 5 euros for 30 days so it isn't a big deal but same result. Tried all japanese ip locations, seems Amazon has some great geo checkers (neither on Desktop PC or Mobile data). As I said I think it has something to do with those VPN protocols.
At least Mullvad works well with DMM xD, but I want that amazon video, I have 550 yens to spend there.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Mastodon posting -

I started The Case of the Golden Idol on the Deck.

It’s surprisingly basic. Sound is pretty much nonexistent. Steam Deck mouse emulation is even more insufferable than usual

I can’t wait to play it again.

I think this unassuming ‘logic deduction’ game is doing something extremely right.

Next up, LTTP Obra Dinn ?

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
(Maybe a dumb) Mastodon question:

What do servers actually do? As I understand it, you can still follow feeds of people who are on different servers, and you can migrate between servers. So what's the actual function of them? Do they just provide the traffic hosting for accounts on them? Provide some form of discovery that's localized to the server you're on? Something else?

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Unexpected expense incoming very soon. I fight a losing battle against my cat appetite for cables. The little fucker nearly chewed the one from my keyboard in half.
Not enjoying this as I have absolutely no idea what to buy.

A mech would be cool but super pricey, without numpad and would I tolerate the noise ? (some Ducky color set-ups are mouth watering, though)
A membrane, yeah sure, but which one... the most well regarded aren't cheap or OOS.

FYI I'm still using an old Illuminated Keyboard right now.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

What do servers actually do? As I understand it, you can still follow feeds of people who are on different servers, and you can migrate between servers. So what's the actual function of them? Do they just provide the traffic hosting for accounts on them? Provide some form of discovery that's localized to the server you're on? Something else?
People often use "email" as something similar, like a server is the email host that stores everything but you can still follow and communicate with everyone.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

yup, pretty much what you said :) you got it right

Reactions: Avern

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! FeedMeAStrayCat is giving away 5 gift(s).

This is a first-come, first-served giveaway. Once you enter, your key will be delivered to you instantly via a PM.

Gaben and myself share a birthday tomorrow, so here are some pre-bday giveaways!

The following games are being given away:

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
FeedMeAStrayCat count me in (I also have b-day tomorrow).

What to get as present game to myself.. hmm perhaps Uncharted?
Hello my birthday sibling! :steam_cleanseal:

And I'm wondering the same for myself. I did buy The Quarry last week at around $29 for the deluxe edition for my bday and I'm thinking of finally grabbing.. well.. Stray as my main bday gift to myself haha

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018

DF report on Sackboy, seems like the main issue is UE4 stutter.

I do find it strange though, because I am playing it and i did get slight stutter in the beginning, but never ever anything close to what he seems to get, which is more like freezes.
The exact same thing seems to happen to him in Gotham Knights as well, Alex has freezes of 1-2 seconds, but then you look at gameplay from Cohhcarnage and he doesn't get any freeze on his PC.

Censored

Oct 8, 2021
It seems that Steam has been flooded with a lot of chinese eroge trash game -more than usual- whose Art/CGs are generated by AI. It's sad but
it was expected since Stable Diffusion expansion and the sad thing this gonna be pretty common and sadder this gonna affect good VNs.

Status
Not open for further replies.