Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
If this had gyroscope it would be cool, but I don't see mentioned anywhere so I guess it doesn't (i'll find out in december when it releases and more people will write about it I guess)

This looks pretty cool, it's nice to see something that let's you have an either symmetric or asymmetric layout

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
The latest issue of White Dwarf is out, and being the Christmas issue there is a lot of stuff shoved in there. This includes a GOG code for 12 Warhammer related games. They are:-

• Gladius
  • Battle Fleet Gothic Armada
  • Dakka Squadron
  • Shadow of the Horned Rat
  • Warhammer Quest II
  • Chaos Gate (Original version)
  • Rites of War
  • Manowar Corsair
  • Talisman Origins
  • Dark Future Blood Red States
  • Epic 40,000 Final Liberation
  • Mordheim City of the Damned
Only downside is it is 1 code for all of the games.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
What is the Lan event in Japan called again?

They have a decent sized PC lan thing in Japan but I can't remember the name. I think it starts with the letter C.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I need an advice I'd like to buy a 27'' pc gaming monitor (not for me it's a gift), i'm completely ignorant as far as monitors go, is this any good? or is there something better I should be looking at?

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I need an advice I'd like to buy a 27'' pc gaming monitor (not for me it's a gift), i'm completely ignorant as far as monitors go, is this any good? or is there something better I should be looking at?
Yeah those seem to be good, I’ve seen the osyssey line be generally praised. I would personally go with AOC for lower price but still good. But I wouldn’t complain to get Samsung as a gift.:)

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
27" is too small for the curved monitor, it won't feel good to use. If you need a curved monitor, I suggest going for at least 32". Otherwise, go flat screen. Also, what will be your main use for this monitor? Productivity, work, gaming, etc.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I would suggest doing some reading about different panels, but if I had to summarize it then
1. Go for IPS if you want more natural colors, faster response time, and no image ghosting, but you will have to sacrifice image contrast
2. Go for the VA panel if you want more vibrant colors and better contrast ( which matters more if you play in a dark room), but unless you go absolute top-spec VA monitor, you will have a slightly slower response time, and you might notice image ghosting which is the biggest downsides of this type of panel.
3. Don't even consider the TA panel.

LG 27GP950-B is a good monitor, it uses nanoIPS ( LG's IPS-type panel) display which while it doesn't have the greatest contrast, the response times are among the best. I personally use a monitor which also uses this type of display ( Dell S2721DGF) and I totally recommend it.

Reactions: QFNS

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
That's my monitor so i should probably write something:

pros:
  • VA contrast without dark level smearing
  • response times / motion clarity are still as good as it gets at "desktop monitor for ~400€"

cons:
  • curved display isn't for everyone and just plain bad for some work applications
  • QA issues for the whole G7/8/9 line of Samsung monitors have been in the news several times now
  • firmware isn't great, you can't use various features simultaneously
  • mbr is just bad, luckily the monitor doesn't need it
  • don't fall for the hdr, like any monitor that doesn't have a full 500+ zone FALD (or OLED) it's crap (i do use it occasionally though if something cleary wasn't made for sdr)
  • viewing angles are bad, this is a monitor for 1 person
  • it does have some glow at the edges, ips are usually worse but they also glow all the time anyway while i've seen better from other VA panels

I don't regret my purchase at all and love the thing because there just isn't a rival for the pros at the price point (yet), but the list of potential problems make it hard to recommend, especially as a gift where you don't even know what problems the other person might run into.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Steam Concurrent Players counter is kinda broken today. it is stuck at 30,911,029 for some time It was breefly jumped to 30,926,xxx but went back to old one. Also SteamDB is reporting different numbers and now it showed 0 players t one point. And now Steam is reporting 30,865,009 as peak.

Lashley

Please disperse! Nothing to see here!
Steam Concurrent Players counter is kinda broken today. it is stuck at 30,911,029 for some time It was breefly jumped to 30,926,xxx but went back to old one. Also SteamDB is reporting different numbers and now it showed 0 players t one point. And now Steam is reporting 30,865,009 as peak.
PC gaming is dead

😭

Deleted member 113

I just noticed PAC-MAN MUSEUM+ is currently 50% off on Steam (and even less on some stores like GMG, where they have this collection at around 8€).

That's an insanely great deal on a great collection of 14 titles, well emulated, and with plenty of neat features and extras, so if you like the series, and/or arcade games, this one is a must have.
For those unaware, the collection includes:

• PAC-MAN
• SUPER PAC-MAN
• PAC & PAL
• PAC-LAND
• PAC-MANIA
• PAC-ATTACK
• PAC-IN-TIME
• PAC-MAN ARRANGEMENT Arcade Ver.
• PAC-MAN ARRANGEMENT CS Ver.
• PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION
• PAC Motos
• PAC'N ROLL REMIX
• PAC-MAN BATTLE ROYALE
• PAC-MAN 256

I would pay the current asking price for PAC-MAN ARRANGEMENT Arcade Version alone. It's an insanely fun score-attack game, and now one of my personal favourites in the PAC-MAN series. (y)

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
QA issues for the whole G7/8/9 line of Samsung monitors have been in the news several times now
This is completely anecdotal but I bought a Samsung G7 last year and did not have a good time. I think I posted about my experience about a year ago. The short version is the monitor started displaying weird vertical lines at the highest refresh rate and I had to send it to Samsung for repairs. Took them about two weeks to get back to me and ask for more details as they couldn't see anything wrong with the monitor. Then it took like another month for them to tell me they couldn't fix it and someone would be contacting me about a full refund. Another month for that person to get in touch and then like 3-4 months for me to actually get the damn refund check.

So yeah, I can't recommend the G7 lmao.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I had the impression Samsung monitors were generally seen quite well, glad to be corrected on it so I can avoid.

I have a AOC 24" IPS 144hz screen and I quite love, it super cheap but one of my favourite screens I've owned. Before this screen it was quite a long time since I had screen granted.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I had the impression Samsung monitors were generally seen quite well, glad to be corrected on it so I can avoid.

I have a AOC 24" IPS 144hz screen and I quite love, it super cheap but one of my favourite screens I've owned. Before this screen it was quite a long time since I had screen granted.
They're not bad but for the price you can do much better.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com

But really, the current LG, AOC, Gigabyte, MSI 160hz+ IPS panels are really good. Can't go wrong with any of them.

the use is gaming, would this be better then?

LG 27GP950-B 27” Ultragear

Amazon product
That's really good but it's 4K resolution. If your friend has a RTX 3080 or above it'll serve him well. If not, I think picking a 1440p high refresh rate will be more sensible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Le Pertti

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I thought Steam had fixed the dupes in the top sellers charts?
Dupes only don't show up in the charts page, while the top sellers in the RSS feed still shows the different editions as separate.

The charts page is updated on tuesdays instead of sundays though.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
similar to the deck I run with, I win more than I lose so can't complain

Imagine how broken that deck used to be in the beta when Nova was +2 to all cards lol.

It's a fun game but I'm glad having stopped playing.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I finished Pentiment just now. Holy shit that was good. In a year where Ron Gilbert released a Monkey Island game, Pentiment is my GOTY.

The story is so immersive, and twisty, and (at points) heartfelt. It's educational, and thought-provoking, and inspiring. Oh, and it's gorgeous too. The art style is deceptively simple, and the scenes are dripping with atmosphere and details(especially the ones with crowds of people).

Part of me is dying to read about all of the different outcomes... but I also really want to discover them on my own when I decide to replay it. I know I missed talking to several people in Act I as I didn't fully get how time advanced in the game right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.