Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
i wouldn't count on it, sadly
They had started supporting them before fucking off to EGS. It would be weird to walk back on that. There's already a thread about it on the steam forums so at least they know. Nothing to do but wait and see.

Reactions: lashman

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Feels like a low energy announcement from Ubisoft, I figured they would make a bigger deal of it like EA did.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

Guess who's back?
Back again.
Ubi's back.
Tell a friend.
Backstreet's back, alright!
Everybody, yeah.

Though I do hope they'll have Steam achievements.
Now the wait for Fenyx Rising begins.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Darktide is amazing, but the lack of mission variety really hurts it.
I know they didnt roll out all missions yet, but im already having fatigue from those in the game and i can't imagine the rest of the missions changing that for long.

The biggest negative difference to Vermintide is that the environments all look so similar to each other.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
That Sweeney money must have finally stopped flowing for Ubi. Don't really see why else they waited so long to return.

All in all they probably lost out on hundreds of millions by doing this dumb shit. All to feed Sweeney's ego.

The idea of you making more money only if someone else makes less has always been stupid in this industry. Valve wasn't about to destroy their profits because you want free distribution.

Just put your games on every platform and let people decide where they want to buy it. That is how it should be with pc gaming going forward.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Ubisoft came back to Steam because they are in really bad position and they need any new source of revenue or good news. They released only 1 big multiplatform game in past 2 years (Far Cry 6) and they were releasing up to 5 big games per year until then. This year alone they released 0 big multiplatform games. Their biggest release was Mario+Rabbids Switch exclusive. They don't have AC Mirage or Avatar release date and so far their only known release is Skull & Bones that will probably bomb.

They can't ride their 10K employees company on MTX and DLCs alone.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Do we have predictions of when Tsushima is coming to PC?
From 2023 to unknown. I would expect it to be one of 2023's AAA releases from Sony but yeah, nobody knows for sure.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Do we have predictions of when Tsushima is coming to PC?
I'd say 2023 for sure. Old enough where the PlayStation fanboys won't get too butthurt, but new enough to still gain traction as a "new release" on Steam.

Price is also a factor. The hurt feelings of console warriors aside, SIE's modus appears to be to sell all their full price games on PC at 60$, which they can't do if they release too close to the PS5 version (as they would be charging PC gamers less money than PS5 buyers, for a technically superior product).

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Bro!!!!!!!!!

Bruhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

My dude!!!!!!!!!!

LG just unofficially announced the holy. Grail of video game monitors.

1440p 27 inch 240hz OLED!!!!!!!!!!!!

What sucks is that it's AMD premium And not Gsync ultimate. It is Gsync compatible though.

It will retail at $1k USD

I think I will buy it if Best Buy sells it since they have a 5 year warranty for burn in for OLEDs.

Crazy times.

Sadly I may end up missing out on Dolby ATMOS though.

There is a lot of stuff that Sony does that sadly feels outdated. I say this since my AV system is a Sony one and lacks HDMI 2.1 and stuff.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I wonder if the new Ubisoft games will come as well, day and date? Can understand giving up on breakpoint and even onboarding new Div 2 players. FC6?

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I don’t expect my wish list to shrink in size much in this sale.

A combination of having too much to play and sale prices not being great will see to that.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Meh I doubt that I will spend that much money on sale, if any. I kinda just want Evil West but that is like 25$ range for me. Gotham Knights can be bought for like 25-30$ but I kinda still don't like how game performs on PC so I would wait a bit more. Then there are Stray/Kena that ibam waiting to get at least 50% off but I doubt that will happen during the sale.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'll browse a bit, but I don't really plan on buying anything. Still too much stuff lying around.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

Yeah pretty much garbage, Denuvo, etc for Steam Valhalla and there's the requiring ubisoft connect etc which is the same as all the other Assassins creed/ubisoft titles on steam but I think this is the first "new" title since they retired uPlay

Ubisoft Connect is just a rebranded uPlay they changed the name of the client and everything so they're not going to mention uplay at all anywhere

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Sales were better before because it was in a bad state. Now that PC gaming is doing extremely well, pubs don't want to put their games on deep sales.

Basically suffering from success.
There are worse things in the world. When they stopped gamifying them, that's when I lost some interest in them.
That and indies still do deeper price cuts, it's the bigger pubs not playing ball.

Reactions: QFNS
Status
Not open for further replies.