Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Did something I have never done before, I bought a battle pass! For Warzone 2, I'm really enjoying my time with it and just used my microsoft reward points to get it. Seems also that just finishing the battle pass one gets enough coins to then get the next battle pass, so I thought why not.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Second Humble mail about 1 month for 7. But Humble, it's not me, it's you ! I can't...
Outside of Aiko's Choice, this is a bundle with gigantic BACKLOG FODDER written on it. In letters made of fire. This is my birthday soon and I can't gather the strength to say yes.

I guess I meant to say 'NO THANK FUCK YOU'.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Not sure I'll bother to nominate anything. I just didn't play many games from this year yet.

I did clear out my wishlist a bit, however. Anything at or near 5€ that still seemed interesting to play:

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
How come Callisto Protocol isn't available on any 3rd party stores?
It looks great but i ain't paying no 60 bucks for a game

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

In case anyone is curious about my choices. ;)

Rest of my choices:

Labor of love: Curious Expedition 2
Better with friends: Final Vendetta
Outstanding visual style: NeverAwake
Most innovative gameplay: Immortality
Best game you suck at: Wizardry: The Five Ordeals
Best soundtrack: SOL CRESTA
Outstanding story-rich game: Pentiment
Sit back and relax: PAC-MAN MUSEUM+

(There's always the chance of a last minute change, but so far I'm happy with my selections, since I managed to fit most 2022 games I liked, except Spider-Man, and the G-Darius HD re-release)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
How come Callisto Protocol isn't available on any 3rd party stores?
It looks great but i ain't paying no 60 bucks for a game
Having to pay full price adds to the scariness. I guess they could have gone full EGSlusive to go for the maximum amount of fright, but they do still want to make money, so not having any third party key sellers is a decent compromise.

• Toucan

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
One of the fun parts of Steam’s fall sale is the steam awards badge requiring you to review a game you nominated. This causes a bunch of games from the past year to get a huge bump in positive reviews. So I like to go around throughout the sale to see the review counts of certain games skyrocket.

Reactions: Pommes and lashman

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com

OK, thats the Autumn sale done! Went a little overboard this time - happy to have finally snagged Sword and Fairy 7, Buried Stars, and Neon White.

I'm also going to play the shit out of Gunfire Reborn, again (the XGP version consumed my life last month), thanks to this DLC that I only learned about just now. I love GR so much, it's like crack. :sweaty-blob:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

OK, thats the Autumn sale done! Went a little overboard this time - happy to have finally snagged Sword and Fairy 7, Buried Stars, and Neon White.

I'm also going to play the shit out of Gunfire Reborn, again (the XGP version consumed my life last month), thanks to this DLC that I only learned about just now. I love GR so much, it's like crack. :sweaty-blob:
Neon White is a banger. I spent like 25 hours over a weekend getting the 100%. Definitely one of the best games this year.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
I had added a bunch of quite old games to my wishlist in the last few months as I rediscovered a couple of genres of games I used to play a lot. Most of those had deep discounts so I went ahead and bought them out.

Then I decided to go through the remaining wishlist to see what really deserved to be there. If there's a game that has been on the wishlist for 3 years and has been discounted a bunch of times and you haven't bought it then odds are you're not that interested in it any more. Cleaned out a whole bunch of games that way.

One thing to keep in mind if regional pricing affects you; A lot of developers have chosen to wait until after the sales season to increases prices on their games. So this and the December sale might be the last chance you get to buy some of these games at their current prices. For example if there's a game which has a 20% discount and that doesn't seem enough to you... it's possible the price doubles in January and then you'd have to wait for a 40% discount just to match the price you get now. So it's worth keeping that in mind to see if maybe that 20% discount now is good enough given what might happen later.

In light of recent news, this is not a big deal anymore but the hidden Anno 1800 DLCs are actually on sale as well

Deleted member 113

2022 has been a very solid year, in terms of shmup releases.

Here's a selection of the brand new titles that launched during the year:

And here's a selection of 2022 re-releases of existing titles:

Last edited by a moderator:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I had added a bunch of quite old games to my wishlist in the last few months as I rediscovered a couple of genres of games I used to play a lot. Most of those had deep discounts so I went ahead and bought them out.

Then I decided to go through the remaining wishlist to see what really deserved to be there. If there's a game that has been on the wishlist for 3 years and has been discounted a bunch of times and you haven't bought it then odds are you're not that interested in it any more. Cleaned out a whole bunch of games that way.
I really should do this soon. My wishlist is creeping into the 200s. When my wishlist is getting to be 1/4 of my actual library, maybe I have a problem

:minos_sad:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Cyberpunk and God of War.
Or a month payment for a new processor.

So hard.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Playing God of War, I think there's a good game somewhere, in the layers of awful modern "RPG" parts. Between the item level forcing you into prioritizing gear that you may not want to use, to level scaled ennemies in old areas, to endless copy/pasted encounters with the awful FOV (thankfully you can change it on PC... with third party programs...)...

It's too bad because the little puzzles and the atmosphere is really nice, but it drags so much... and a little tidbit to really show how bad the storytelling is: rather than focused, important cut scenes, the game needs to add as much voice acting as possible everywhere - each time you use a teleport your pal Mimir tells you stories about the gods. So it can take 20sec or more of not only being forced to listen to him... but also to walk to the new teleport door that will appear, because you can't just click on teleport to X. You really needed all of that for "immersion".
I am constantly stunned at the stupid choices of game design that have repercussions on so much more than intended...

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
That Witcher trailer more or less looks like I remember the game looking, minus the RT reflections.

Now I'm sure there's the usual effect going on here of remembering a game looking better than it actually does, and that there's a number of significant upgrades beyond those reflections, but with headline features including "60 FPS" I feel like this is a bigger upgrade for people who played the game on consoles. Of course that's not a bad thing -- at least CDPR is not asking people to pay for it.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Now I'm sure there's the usual effect going on here of remembering a game looking better than it actually does, and that there's a number of significant upgrades beyond those reflections, but with headline features including "60 FPS" I feel like this is a bigger upgrade for people who played the game on consoles. Of course that's not a bad thing -- at least CDPR is not asking people to pay for it.
They actually emphasized on this. "It's how you remember it but side by side the upgrade is remarkable"
And it is quite true apparently

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Those screenshots seem to be taken at different times of day (and therefore have very different lighting). The DoF is also set up differently. But those are just tunable parameters, and they make it hard to see actual substantial rendering differences IMHO.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Are they even comparing the PC version in the older screenshot? It looks way too soft to me. Definitely don't recall the game looking like that.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
That Witcher trailer more or less looks like I remember the game looking, minus the RT reflections.

I want one thing the most - DLSS or FSR 2.0
The original game had one of the worst AA solutions out there, it desperately needs a temporal AA.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

Well it depends. Even on PC version with max settings and mods there were draw distance issues and really low poly models for distant LoD levels. From the snippets we saw it looks like that there was nice upgrade to that. RTGI and AO improvements are improvements that are noticeable too. Combine that with better foliage and it could be significant upgrade. But as I said before I kinda expected better texture upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.